Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Who Is The Next Generation Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Next Generation Nigerian (652 Views)

GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / Power Generation Falls To 2,030MW / Next Generation Of US Military Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Next Generation Nigerian by pete(m): 5:36am On Sep 04, 2009
Nigeria is at a critical point in its existence. Take this test, be very honest and see where you stand,you be the judge. See if you'll be worthy to be called PATRIOTIC,if you'll be any different from the current leaders if entrusted.

1.AS AT TODAY,WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR NIGERIA-THAT IS STRICTLY SELFLESS-?

2. WHAT CAN YOU DO-WITH WHAT YOU HAVE NOW-FOR NIGERIA?

3.WHAT CAN YOU DO IN 5 YEARS.

CAVEAT:Please, if you got nothing to add,just move on,do not attack other posters,just be honest and truthful to you and you alone. You'll be amazed that,some folks have done absolutely NOTHING and have absolutely no plans for NIGERIA,just self and family,its not strange,that's the status of most of our leaders before they got there. Patriotism means, its done for NIGERIA and NIGERIA only,not family or friends, but in furtherance of the National interest, regardless of how small it may be. Teach JAMB lessons for free,pick pure water bags from the street,refuse a job because of what it stands for, i. e anti-Nigerian,refuse a bribe, little stuff that starts with you and you only. I'll take the test myself, and I must say upfront,I'm wanting myself,but I'm on track.
Re: Who Is The Next Generation Nigerian by candylips(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2009
The only kind of next generation nigerians i can see now are scammers, ritualists undecided
Re: Who Is The Next Generation Nigerian by ikeyman00(m): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2009
here they come again^^
Re: Who Is The Next Generation Nigerian by candylips(m): 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2009
tell so what u see
Re: Who Is The Next Generation Nigerian by Sammy107d(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2009
I chose to see Nigeria in a different light only about 3 years ago, and resolved to be a key driver towards that picture. I try as little as honking embarrassingly at anyone who flings garbage out of car windows to giving lavishly to youths genuinely in need of resources to drive their dreams. Abroad, I appreciate anything Nigerian (including my naija wallpapers and tees), and spend most of my days advocating the beauty of the country to the people here- who believe the words 'good' and 'Nigeria' are opposite ends of a magnet. I'm trying to set up an African Student's Association on my university campus to ensure that Africans in general primarily outperform other nationals in academics, and back it up with exceptional moral character (and physical looks). I'll like to believe that I, along with my few colleagues here have significantly altered the stereotypes about the country (even though nollywood is'nt helping). I hope to finish here in a little while with the best possible result, and stroll back to my country as an independent Forensic Accountant, to drag down the corruption statistics the top business men and government enjoy. I also indulge in Nigerian news and a good number of top Nigerian papers and books to get in the know (Chimanda Ngozi's amazing. . . ).

Most of my Nigerian counterparts and siblings home and abroad (and many nairalanders/skyscrapercity folks) are even more patriotic. It's like a race to see who is going to be the brightest, and greatest future Nigerian. The ones who see a rotten Nigeria all the way dwell in their blindness, and don't bother to improve themselves. Consequently becoming the scammers and ritualists.

Walking the streets of Abeokuta, you can see wasted youths all over waiting to 'obtain' your shirt at the corner down the road. You can only pray for those ones.
Re: Who Is The Next Generation Nigerian by pete(m): 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2009
I have represented Nigeria at several international conferences for youths and currently as a professional. I have been an advocate for the image of the Nigerian nation.
@ sammy, I think those of us who live overseas have a significant role to play in this.

I had also sponsored kids through primary schools, bought books and paid school fees of kids I never knew

In the next five years, I hope to have a private scholarship fund for at least 20 primary school kids, 5 secondary schools and 2 University students. Would pay for everything they need to graduate successfully. Also, I would hire 5 kids straight from college with a 2/1 to teach Jamb and GCE lessons for free and pay them what their colleagues with the same qualification earns.
Once again, I think what you guys are doing at your school is very important, please keep it up. Also, what you plan doing after graduation is totally invaluable to Nigeria, we got a few people like you and politicians would start sitting up.
Re: Who Is The Next Generation Nigerian by pete(m): 8:58am On Sep 07, 2009
@Candylips,
I see a generation of vibrant selfless youths coming up. I see a selected few living overseas coming home to make an impact. There would be some kind of revolution and the youth on campuses and everywhere would wake up. Thats what I see, my brother.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths Who Are These Youths ? / ‘why Crime Rate’s High In Aba’ - News / Why Cant Some One Meet To My Needs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.