Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity (1860 Views)

Thug Arrested For Beheading Police Officer & His Driver In Rivers. PICS / Afenifere, Ohanaeze Disagree As President Says Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable / Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by Chibuzoc(m): 8:19am On Jun 27, 2016
Do we need killings for unity?

Pastor Mike Agbahiwe, an indigene of Orodo in Mbaitoli Local Government of Imo State whose wife was reportedly beheaded in Kano by Muslim fanatics, finally returned to his home state at the weekend and met with Governor Rochas Okorocha at Government House, Owerri.

Agbahiwe, who was accompanied by relatives, explained that contrary to the widely-read report that his wife Bridget was beheaded, she was murdered and not beheaded.

Shedding light on the tragic matter, he said Bridget was heartlessly and gruesomely murdered in his presence and that he barely survived the attack by Muslim fanatics, whose aim was to kill both of them.

His said: “One Muslim man called Dauda came to my wife’s shop and was washing his leg in front of the shop. My wife told the man to move up a little so that she could arrange her goods, but the man refused. Instead, the man started to molest her, and gripped her neck. In trying to free herself from the grip, Dauda started shouting Allah Akbar, and an angry mob quickly gathered

“When we saw that danger was about to occur, we ran and took refuge in the house of a prominent Alhaji, who is a leader in the area. The Alhaji did all he could to calm the mob down but they refused and called him an infidel. They broke into his house and killed my wife in front of me. And if not the quick intervention of the police who immediately used teargas to disperse them, they would have also killed me. But they destroyed everything I had, including the shop and car.

“My wife was never beheaded. But they hit her on the head with hard objects. The body of my wife is in the mortuary with the head. She was not beheaded as it was widely reported.”

In his response to the pathetic story, Governor Okorocha described the late Mrs. Agbahiwe as a heroine because it took over 100 men and women to put her down, describing the gruesome murder of the woman as highly provocative, barbaric and the highest wickedness of mankind. He however consoled the husband of the deceased that the entire people and government of Imo “will be sharing with him and the family in this moment of grief.”

Okorocha said: “The problem is not the death of Mrs. Agbahiwe but the manner by which she was killed. In this country, we must learn to live peacefully. No religion supports killing. Anyone who kills in the name of religion is an evil worshipper and should never mention the name of God. The coldblooded murder of Mrs. Agbahiwe should be seen as a sacrifice for the unity of the country. “She died as a martyr. Imo State Government will be (sharing) with the family in this period of grief, and we shall set up a committee to assist in making sure that she is given a befitting burial.”

According to the governor, “The chairman of the traditional rulers’ council in the state would lead a delegation to the Emir of Kano to make sure that such ugly incident never reoccurs anywhere in the country.”

Okorocha urged Agbahiwe not to question God over the killing of his wife, but to bear the whole incident with fortitude.

Read more @http://www.buzorpages.com/2016/06/kano-beheading-okorocha-says-incident.html
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by SeverusSnape(m): 8:24am On Jun 27, 2016
Believe me when I say Okorocha is a big fool.

Little wonder he's called OKOROHAUSA.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by blackpanda: 8:28am On Jun 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You are here again. Chief wailer
You didnt even bother to read the post but rather rush to start throwing insults. Smh. Grow up already!
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 27, 2016
How many sacrifices? one too many. I hope one day your own life will not be sacrifice too? If all Nigerians should perish in order to keep the nation one what use will be of Nigeria? you have to confront every wickedness and aggression at the door by calling evil, evil. The murder of that innocent woman is inhumane and barbaric.

6 Likes

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by fingard02k(m): 8:29am On Jun 27, 2016
his family will fall victim one day

3 Likes

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by SeverusSnape(m): 8:30am On Jun 27, 2016
blackpanda:

You didnt even bother to read the post but rather rush to start throwing insults. Smh. Grow up already!
You are here again. Chief Zombie.

You didn't even realise that this foolish governor is trying to justify the murder, I don't blame him, He's a member of the lying and deceitful party.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by Horlufemi(m): 8:30am On Jun 27, 2016
what kind of leaders do we have in this country

3 Likes

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by youngest85(m): 8:31am On Jun 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Pls, whr did he mention sacrifice 4 nigeria's unity?
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 27, 2016
So Nigeria has become an idol that demands victims. . .

5 Likes

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by blackpanda: 8:32am On Jun 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:
You are here again. Chief Zombie.

You didn't even realise that this foolish governor is trying to justify the murder, I don't blame him, He's a member of the lying and deceitful party.

Lol. Read the post before commenting blindly. Dont just focus on headline and rush to type trash
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by McCarlito(m): 8:33am On Jun 27, 2016
The coldblooded murder of Mrs. Agbahiwe should be seen as a sacrifice for the unity of the country. “She died as a martyr. Imo State Government will be (sharing) with the family in this period of grief, and we shall set up a committee to assist in making sure that she is given a befitting burial.”
LITTLE wonder the Igbos are considered weak and confused. One of ur own is murdered in cold blood and a whole governor is spitting thrash
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3566558_obasanjosayingwhatkindofnonsenseisthisusethisgifforauselesspost_jpegb43f9e12d3366301a4fc7b62edcaf83e

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by EYIMICHAEL(m): 8:34am On Jun 27, 2016
Horlufemi:
what kind of leaders do we have in this country

Google is our friend
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by hucienda: 8:36am On Jun 27, 2016
The kind of unity where the north are always the butchers and the south always the lamb of sacrifice for unity...

ahh yes, sweet unity.

This is the kind of unity espoused by Gov Okorocha ... and by extension, politically correct southerners.

I hope he wouldn't begrudge any lamb from his household for use in any future sacrifice for this unity though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by princefunmmy(m): 8:38am On Jun 27, 2016
I see no info about the killing for unity in this post

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by glacswhite: 8:43am On Jun 27, 2016
[size=8pt][/size]The coldblooded murder of
Mrs. Agbahiwe should be seen as a
sacrifice for the unity of the country. “

When Things turn around...I pity for the Family of OkoroCha,Obasanjo,Gowon,Amaechi,Buhari etc
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by ofeoil: 8:45am On Jun 27, 2016
[size=18pt]The coldblooded murder of Mrs. Agbahiwe should be seen as a sacrifice for the unity of the country. “She died as a martyr.[/size]

This is the part that I am worried about. This is wat we have been complaining about Okorocha.

Even the hausa that murdered the old woman in coldblood will think something is wrong with Ndiigbo in the brain.

Who makes such a comment? If it was his mother, wife or daughter would he say that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by Nne5: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2016
Let's assume this happened in alaigbo,there woulda been reprisal.Perhaps 10000 igbos in the north woulda payed for yon' 'foolishness'.

In essence,if the killing of this woman that hadn't visited her hometown for 20years is requisite for the unity of nigeria then i don't think i want a united nigeria or 'one nigeria' for that matter because next time it gon' be my blood that'll be required ta keep the nation united.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by whirlwind7(m): 8:46am On Jun 27, 2016
princefunmmy:
I see no info about the killing for unity in this post

Thanks for making it easy to understand you probably didn't read a full paragraph from the post. See it below:

Chibuzoc:

Okorocha said: “The problem is not the death of Mrs. Agbahiwe but the manner by which she was killed. In this country, we must learn to live peacefully. No religion supports killing. Anyone who kills in the name of religion is an evil worshipper and should never mention the name of God. The coldblooded murder of Mrs. Agbahiwe should be seen as a sacrifice for the unity of the country. “She died as a martyr.

Okorocha's ridiculous statement that it took a hundred men and women to subdue the poor woman before she was killed, is that meant to console the grieving man?

No one needs to die for the unity of this country, because it is next to impossible. We are more divided than ever. Never listen to these demons in the guise of politicians. They are the problem.

If anyone's death could unify this country, then we should be more united now after the death of millions of people during the civil war. Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen kill thousands every year, yet this man feels it will need the death of one more helpless woman to make us embrace each other.

What sort of unity are they even talking about, when even the presidency referred to the victim as "an igbo woman" while addressing the incident. She wasn't called a "Nigerian".
Even Okorocha will bite to death anyone who suggests to him to sacrifice a member of his family for Nigeria's unity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by pode(m): 8:57am On Jun 27, 2016
From the headline I will say, God have mercy on you mr. Gov
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by pacino26(m): 9:03am On Jun 27, 2016
I think it's time the admirable gov gives his life too for the progress of Imo state.

Bull-crap

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by dnawah(m): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2016
Yes u r correct!!with due respect sir,one more head is needed and it is yours,if not unity can never be strong.
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by inkon: 9:23am On Jun 27, 2016
May okocha's blood be the next sacrifice for Nigeria's unity
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by Firefire(m): 9:27am On Jun 27, 2016
[size=14pt]"The coldblooded murder of Mrs. Agbahiwe should be seen as a sacrifice for the unity of the country". [/size] - Rochas Okorocha

Painful statement. cry cry

RIP Mrs Agbahiwe. sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by lovat(m): 9:28am On Jun 27, 2016
May Okorocha and his household be sacrificed for Nigeria unity

Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by lovat(m): 9:31am On Jun 27, 2016
youngest85:

Pls, whr did he mention sacrifice 4 nigeria's unity?
read it again zombie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by MirabelArode(f): 9:50am On Jun 27, 2016
blackpanda:

We yoruba muslims agree with Okoroawusa. grin grin
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by MirabelArode(f): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2016
I agree with Okorocha, Okorocha's son who recently graduated in the US will one day be also be sacrificed for one nigeria. God bless Okoroawusa! grin grin
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by keyremotes(m): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2016
OKOROCHA IS A VERY BIG FOOL.
LET HIM GIVE THEM HIS WIFE OR DAUGHTER TO SLAUGHTER.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by MirabelArode(f): 10:13am On Jun 27, 2016
Chris Azuka in Kano when are your family members getting beheaded for the unity of 'one nigeria'. grin grin
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by philGeo(m): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2016
blackpanda:

Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by idupaul: 10:25am On Jun 27, 2016
Nonsense how my Igbo lives will be sacrificed for Nigerian Unity ...total nonsense
Re: Kano Beheading: Okorocha Says Incident Is A Sacrifice For Nigeria’s Unity by prodiG(m): 11:20am On Jun 27, 2016
If it were Okorocha's wife or daughter(s) that was gruesomely beheaded,i bet he wouldn't have seen it as a sacrifice for unity angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun : Pdp Thug Shot Dead In Bodo City ( Graphic ) / The Only Hope We Have Is Dr. Sule Lamido / Btw IPOB And Bravery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.