Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,774 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? (37579 Views)

Venus Jupiter Conjunction 2017: The Planets Will Rise As One On Monday / Pictures Of Rain From The Sky / What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Safari29: 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
one day we will get signals from outside world, i believe, we are not alone. God of nature is my God. We have just started, lots to explore
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by johnjay4u2u(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
ayooladee:
space for sale grin i mistakenly booked this space embarassed

how much?
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
Very scarey
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ada9103:

Let it not bother you...once I get there every other thing will fall in place......shall we? cheesy

After you, brave super warrior.
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
Holyfield1:
Seun
Hardmirror

What can you guys say about this? If there is no God then how did all these bodies come into existence
They will come here with explicating and demystifying the enigmatic phenomena of God's deeds with the aim of gainsaying the fact that those phenomena was induce and fueled by God.

God is using atheists to elucidate the works of his creations/innovations to us, but it seems they are unconscious about it.

You remember how he hardened the heart of Pharaoh in other to use him to demonstrate his omnipotency? Pharaoh, in all his wisdom, was oblivious of the conspicuous fact that God was using him.

2 Likes

Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by bluaero(m): 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
nairalandbuzz:

Nice one OP.

But have you thought of other planets and stars our cosmos?

Yeah, there are so many others, much more than the grains of sand on the beach!

Some planets are weird beyond your wildest imaginations, some are like what you see in fairytales and nightmares, some are like our earth.

1 Like

Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by profmallory(m): 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
There is a God somewhere...
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by javispj(m): 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
N this r just some of the planets in our milky wave (galaxy )..less than 0.5% of planets in different galaxy.. the stars billions of miles away..black holes n how they control each universe... God power no get limit oo
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
profmallory:
There is a God somewhere...
Somewhere?

God is with us! and we homosapiens are subordinate gods, because we partially possess his characteristics through his breath in us.
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by bluaero(m): 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
koolkamzzy:
OP, Please where is space? and is the Earth hanging in the Space?

Space is a huge vacuum of "space". The earth, other planets and stars are all suspended in space.

In actual fact, the planets and stars are moving at a tremendously high speed through space!
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by femi4: 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
I want my Pluto back
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by bluaero(m): 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
lailo:

I still dnt understand

Pluto is not big enough to be termed a planet. You can call it a very large asteroid.
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by khaleeesi: 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
wow.... cool
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by juman(m): 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
All praises to God, the Creator of all things.

God blessings upon Prophet Muhammad and his household.

5 Likes

Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Kowor(f): 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
If jupitar and saturn were to show, i'd be the first to go to bed. Beautiful but scary.
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Roh50(f): 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
akara,

can you pls name some of the apps becos I'm currently teaching my children about the planets, so, will like to know more about the apps.

1 Like

Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Strawman: 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Like everything was just fine-tuned to enable continuity of life smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Idrismusty97(m): 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ada9103:
Jupiter on my mind.........let's go there. Whose in?
That would be quite an adventure. Going to a scary planet with a pretty lady smiley.
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Ada9103(f): 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
Idrismusty97:
That would be quite an adventure. Going to a scary planet with a pretty lady smiley.

My kinda dude.......let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Ada9103(f): 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Idrismusty97:
That would be quite an adventure. Going to a scary planet w
ith a pretty lady smiley.

My kinda dude....let's goooooooooo baby
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Ada9103(f): 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Idrismusty97:
That would be quite an adventure. Going to a scary planet w
ith a pretty lady smiley.

My kinda dude....let's goooooooooo baby
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Reading about the effects of Jupiter and staring at that picture is frightening lipsrsealed
Saturn (my personal fave planet) isn't as cute either.
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by bobbybrown007: 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
Joshkid:
How I wish I could just have the opportunity to travel to space!... Twill be so interesting!
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
The world seems too perfect to have been created from it self...
Every planet in it best place... The moon was closer to us! I don't think all this are a coincednce.

This is God! Religion just what I don't believe in yet
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by NigerianScholar: 1:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
Joshkid:
How I wish I could just have the opportunity to travel to space!... Twill be so interesting!
Interesting ke. Hope you know you wont be able to raise up your 3rd leg in space
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Dynamite02: 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
If I say I saw something like venus three years ago in the sky....would I be lying? The whole sky was bright for two nights straight,brighter than the full moon...the so called moon (which I believed was venus) was bigger than the usual size with a bright fiery yellow colour
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by datigbogirl: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
bluaero:
8. Saturn

Saturn is almost 35-times bigger than the Moon. In our night sky, Saturn would simply be Magnificent!

Saturn and its rings would cover almost 18 degrees of the night sky, stretching nearly from horizon to horizon.

But If Saturn were as close as our moon, it's likely that one of its own moons, Dione would slam into the Earth at some point.

Scientists continue to discover these things yet some of them fail to discover WHO put them there.... These stuffs should serve as evidence of His existence
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by datigbogirl: 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
bluaero:

Yeah. If they were to be that close, you would actually see them rotating. Scary stuff.

The same way the Earth rotates...
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by endove(f): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
God is great
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Litmus: 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Probably wont be that picturesque...

....actually it would be that picturesque but humanity will probably be too occupied by dodging rocks and ash from volcanic eruptions and magma seeping out of cracked roads and pavement to enjoy the sight. Gravitational forces on the earth would be tremendous.
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Joshkid(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Interesting ke. Hope you know you wont be able to raise up your 3rd leg in space
Damn!... Really? shocked
Re: What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Uranus and Neptune rock!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Earthquake Causes Panic In Saki, Oyo Community / Hacker, Graham Ivan Clark Pleads Guilty To Celeb Twitter Hack / 10 Breathtaking And Beautifully Captured Wildlife Photographs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.