Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Glo, This Is Raffle Not Promo (don't Fool Nigerians) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Glo, This Is Raffle Not Promo (don't Fool Nigerians) (1296 Views)

Earn This Great Offer Promo! Don't Miss Out / Glo This Is Pure Obtained By Tricks Ncc Should Help Us / Attend The "Awoof" Trade Fair/business Exhibition&raffle Draw Promo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo, This Is Raffle Not Promo (don't Fool Nigerians) by frainc(m): 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
In this hard economy that some people are using their children as collateral for food stuff
We still have some telecommunications that derive joy in defrauding the masses in the name of "PROMOTION"
Without generalizing it, I pick on 'Glo Hamma Promo'

(Globacom told us in that promo that they will give out N125 million naira in cash prizes to its subscribers in a new promotion called Glo Hamma Millions. The consumer reward scheme which will run for the next 100 days was launched in Lagos on Monday, May 16.)

But before I go further, what is "promotion" in marketing?

Promotional marketing is the use of any special offer intended to raise a customer's interest and influence a purchase, and to make a particular product or company stand out among its competitors.

WHO USES PROMOTIONAL MARKETING?

Any company that can offer its customers some ADDITIONAL BENEFIT on top of their normal purchase can use promotional marketing techniques.

So Glo made us believe that the reason behind this "Glo hamma promo" is to help transform the life of some of their subscribers (just has the Glo Coordinator, Enterprise Sales, Mr Folu Aderibigbe said bellow)

Mr. Aderibigbe said the reward scheme
was developed because Globacom
appreciated the customers as the focal
point of its operations. “We are aware of
the ECONOMIC CHALLENGES faced by many now, and we are constantly looking
for ways to positively impact the lives of
our subscribers and help[b] EASE THE
DIFFICULT TIME[/b]S,” he explained.

Now, if truly Glo want to help ease the difficult times
Why the deduction of #100 for each text

"After each text, N100 will be deducted from
the subscriber’s account”, Mr Aderibigbe
explained

Now let's go into mathematics,
GLO has an estimate of over 34 million 34,000,000) subscribers in Nigeria
And if #100 will be deducted from 30,000,000 (30 million) subscribers
It will give you #3000,000,000 (300 billion)
And glo will be giving 125 million Naira out of 300 billion Naira their promo text deduction generated (who is fooling who?)

And Glo call that "Customer Reward"

WHAT IS CUSTOMER REWARD?'
Is a rewards program offered by a company to customers who frequently make purchases.

Glo, please stop fooling Nigerians by calling this "Raffle Draw" a "reward"

In case you don't know the meaning of "Raffle Draw", see it bellow

MEANING OF RAFFLE DRAW
a form of lottery in which a number of persons buy(pay for) one or more chances to win a prize.
Or
A raffle is a gambling competition

So what you guys(glo) are doing is selling your Raffle Draw Ticket electronically throug 555 code
This is not a Reward promo.

http://myskyenter..com.ng/2016/06/glo-this-is-faffle-not-promotion.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo, This Is Raffle Not Promo (don't Fool Nigerians) by frainc(m): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Now I know that fear of unknown is what is stoping many from saying the truth

One of my reader advice me to take down this post because I can be sue

Lawyers in the house, what do you think?
Re: Glo, This Is Raffle Not Promo (don't Fool Nigerians) by belovedaja(m): 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
you re on point. brb
Re: Glo, This Is Raffle Not Promo (don't Fool Nigerians) by frainc(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
belovedaja:
you re on point. brb
thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Bookkeeping Software For Cooperatives / How To Start An Online Store Business Like Konga And Jumia,with Just N30,000 / 6 Recession Proof Business Ideas & Opportunities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.