Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Food Scarcity And Increased Suffering In Households. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Scarcity And Increased Suffering In Households. (887 Views)

Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets / Finally! The Solution To Tomatoes Scarcity Right Infront Of Us / Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Food Scarcity And Increased Suffering In Households. by Honesty007(m): 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
I really don't know where to begin but it is now soo glaring that Nigerians have started suffering.
Food was the last thing or second to the last on the list of individual needs,now it has alarmingly increased to the number one Position.
Rice,beans,millet,Shorgum,groundnut,wheat all high in price.
Even the price of the common Food of Man=Bread has also increased.
Ðäre you never talk of Yams,potatoes,cassava as you would be shell shocked@ the high cost of foodcrops.
I won't love to mention cash crops @ all as it is already a means of foreign exchange.
Don't let me bow my head in shame at the cost of plantains,bananas,tomatoes,watermelons,coconuts,pineapples,sugarcane.
The cost of Food itself has and is making Money become useless day by day because,you would spend at least 10,000 to buy food that would last for only 2weeks if you are an individual.
At least as a Family,you would spend at least 80-100K on food alone that would last for a Month.

Soyou can see the highhandedness and total hunger that this economic situation has unleashed on Nigerians.lets examine things thoroughly if you are a worker
you spend 15K on a bag of rice
you spend 14K on a bag of beans
You spend 5K on 5tubers of yam
You spend 20K on a basket of tomatoes
You spend 25K on a basket of pepper
You spend 5K on onions
You spend 10K on plantain
You spend 12K on palm oil
You spend 10K on groundnut oil
You spend 30K on fish
You spend 15K on chicken
You spend 5K on vegetables
You spend 15K on meat.
Now i categorize this on the monthly/yearly for individuals and a famil food consumption.
You have spent almost 200K on Food alone!!!
What a shame and disgrace!!!
So what of housing and transportation
This is maximum curse on Nigeria.
There would have been savings if you had a personal farm in your backyards.
Now food price is overtaking that of accomodation and electricity for an individual and giving a pain in the Ass for a Family.
This is what the economic situation potrays now.
If Agriculture was our mainstay,we would only be spending money on Luxury goods,clothes,household appliances,Education,health,electricity.
But you can see that food scarcity has brought untold Hardship and increased cost of expenditure.
Re: Food Scarcity And Increased Suffering In Households. by absoluteSuccess: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
I think we should swap era.

We will have the same issue to lament about in decades to come if we won't change our ways.

Let's diversify and take our destinies in our own hands, no dependent nation has it easy.
Re: Food Scarcity And Increased Suffering In Households. by Honesty007(m): 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
It's also Time Nigerian's give up dependency on government.
Everything,Government!!!Government!!,Government!!!
Government my foot.
Am sure if one man is a billionaire and not into politics,he can pay Julius berger to construct a road tha would last well. A road built to his tatse.

(1) (Reply)

See The Giant Python Killed In Our Farm / 16 Health Benefits Of Lemons / Xmas Cake For 5k Only!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.