Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,310 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Can Nigeria Make It Out Of The CAF World Cup Qualifiers' "Group Of Death" Alive? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Nigeria Make It Out Of The CAF World Cup Qualifiers' "Group Of Death" Alive? (538 Views)

Who Wins The CAF Award Today: Salah, Mane, Or Aubameyang? / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Make It Out Of The CAF World Cup Qualifiers' "Group Of Death" Alive? by Rotdavdara(m): 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
Excerpt:

Algeria, Cameroon, Nigeria, Zambia. All of these countries in one group in a football competition.

If it was a normal football tournament where two countries could qualify, as a Nigerian, I wouldn't have been too worried. The Euro 2016 scenario, where a "Best Loser" could still qualify, would have been even more calming.

But you can imagine how skeptical I was, as a Nigerian, when I remembered it was a World Cup Qualifier and ONLY one team could get the ticket to, this time, Russia 2018.

I started to think: How could a team without a coach beat the likes of Algeria after the Nigeria - Egypt AFCON qualifiers experience? Cameroon? Can the Super Eagles even beat Zambia?

The topic was raised on my blog's forum. All (myself included), except one (out of 40), concluded that Nigeria could not make it out of that group and qualify for Russia.

The debate shifted to the possible positions Nigeria could finish in. The conclusion? Majority seemed to think Nigeria would finish either second or third.

What do you think? Share your thoughts.

You can continue reading the article here:

6 Talking Points From #FootballThisPastWeek https://forthegoals./2016/06/27/6-talking-points-from-footballthispastweek/
Re: Can Nigeria Make It Out Of The CAF World Cup Qualifiers' "Group Of Death" Alive? by frenzydaniel1(m): 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
Well as it as always been, na to take calculator to dey calculate our fate.......... grin

abi we don qualify ni

ZAM 1 - NIG 1

ALG 2 - NIG 0

CAM 2 - NIG 1
na so oooooooooooooooo
Re: Can Nigeria Make It Out Of The CAF World Cup Qualifiers' "Group Of Death" Alive? by Rotdavdara(m): 11:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
LOL... The calculator nation...

frenzydaniel1:
Well as it as always been, na to take calculator to dey calculate our fate.......... grin

abi we don qualify ni

ZAM 1 - NIG 1

ALG 2 - NIG 0

CAM 2 - NIG 1
na so oooooooooooooooo

(1) (Reply)

Kate Henshaw, Dayo Amusa, Chioma Akpota, Alibaba, Others Feature In Street Match / Sweet Sales At Micostarmall On Friday. / Why Is Hugo Lloris So Underrated In World Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.