Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,233 members, 7,867,609 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Please Eep Me Nairalanders - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Eep Me Nairalanders (976 Views)

RESOLVED! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Eep Me Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
cry hi, please I have dell inspiron 1545 which has a VGA port and bush LCD 27'' television

I want to be watching the laptop screen on the monitor, I don't know if anybody know how I will go about it
I already bought a 10m VGA cable. Have tried some things too but its not working,

Thank u in advance
Re: Please Eep Me Nairalanders by luorquay: 11:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
AdebisiTim2:
cry hi, please I have dell inspiron 1545 which has a VGA port and bush LCD 27'' television

I want to be watching the laptop screen on the monitor, I don't know if anybody know how I will go about it
I already bought a 10m VGA cable. Have tried some things too but its not working,

Thank u in advance

Does your LCD TV have a VGA port to connect the other end of the VGA cable??
Re: Please Eep Me Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 28, 2016
luorquay:

Does your LCD TV have a VGA port to connect the other end of the VGA cable??

Yes it has,
Re: Please Eep Me Nairalanders by luorquay: 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
AdebisiTim2:

Yes it has,
most laptops have a button that changes it into presentation/external display mode. I know on my laptop you have to hit Fn+F8 (F8 key has some blue letters on it), yours might be a bit different but the same principle - if you don't hit that button it will not send the signal to the screen of your TV
OR
Set TV to Aux Input (or maybe PC input) with the remote. Check your laptop Display Properties - Screen Resolution. Does it 'see' the TV? If not use the Detect button. Adjust the resolution to match the TV resolution. You probably want to set the Multiple Displays setting to Mirror instead of Extend

(1) (Reply)

I Just Got Mine: Avast Antivirus (any Edition) Free For 1 Year / Help: Programmed School Grade Book Needed / Desktop Computer Needed Urgently. (London Use)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.