Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari (32251 Views)

List Of 13 States Owing Teachers' Salaries / FG Dumps Cattle Colonies, Asks States To Tackle Herdsmen Themselves- Daily Trust / Failed Buhari Policy:dangote Drops Out Of Top 100 Rich List On Naira Devaluation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by hinwazaka: 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said 13 states have been identified to produce rice that will feed the nation in the next 18 months.
Buhari spoke during the breaking of fast dinner with the business community.
According to him, unless the economy is set right, Nigeria will continue to be in trouble.
Despite the ongoing implementation of the flexible policy which has systematically devalued the nation’s currency, President Buhari insisted that he does not see any benefit in the devaluation of naira.
He said: “How much benefit have we derived from naira devaluation in the past? I don’t like the returns I get from the CBN because that coupled with the demand that let us devalue the naira. In August 1985, the naira was N1.3 to a dollar. But now you need N300 or N350 to a dollar.
“What do we derive from that? And how much benefit can we derive from this ruthless devaluation of the naira? I’m not an economist neither a businessman, I fail to appreciate what is the economic explanation.
“What has happen to us now is that we have maneuvered ourselves into mono economy which led to the collapse we are seeing now.
“A lot of responsibilities now fall on your shoulders now. You have a lot of investments and a lot of people to employ.”
Giving a vote of thanks on behalf of the group, Chairman of Unilever, Kola Jamodu, pledged the support of the group to Buhari’s administration as it strives to take the Nigerian economy out of the woods.

http://thenationonlineng.net/13-states-produce-rice-national-consumption-buhari/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by hinwazaka: 9:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
MR President, you are right, you are not an economist, so please SHUTUP. You know nothing. For starters, were is your certificate, what was your grade in Economics. Don't talk about things you know nothing of.

197 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Simply redecimalise the currency and you get 3.5Naira to 1 USD.

14 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by drss(m): 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
those who elect buari thinking dat he will revamp d economy must be high on weeds. see as d dullard just dey display him illitracy sad

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by Achuwa1(m): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
Are u telling us nw tht u didnt know we've been running a mono economy when u were make promises of making $1=#1 during ur campaign.
pls shamefully resign coz u have failed & u are bad luck coz u ran the country aground.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by 49cents(m): 10:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
The Naira was over-valued since oil became Nigeria's main stay and that discouraged diversification and industrialisation whilw promoting importation of everything due to cheap petrodollars

As it stands now, the smartest thing to reverse that trend is to further mark up the dollar to N400 and give tax paillaitives to companies, social buffers to Nigerians in terms of mass transport, housing schemes, food availability and quality education etc

In about 6 years Nigeria will find its self in a superb state

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by junketer(m): 10:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
No buhari devaluation hasn't failed. Please just say you have failed.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by mankan2k7(m): 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
Forget inflation, get minting machine print a lot of money, d economy will come alive

Did I just reason like Bihari?

so pathetic

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by phemmyutd(m): 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
hinwazaka:
MR President, you are right, you are not an economist, so please SHUTUP. You know nothing. For starters, were is your certificate, what was your grade in Economics. Don't talk about things you know nothing of.

As if he even know you are a Nigerian

28 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by iflywithbuhari(f): 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
49cents:
The Naira was over-valued since oil became Nigeria's main stay and that discouraged diversification and industrialisation whilw promoting importation of everything due to cheap petrodollars

As it stands now, the smartest thing to reverse that trend is to further mark up the dollar to N400 and give tax paillaitives to companies, social buffers to Nigerians in terms of mass transport, housing schemes, food availability and quality education etc

Do you think you are talking to kids. The dollar should be ramped up to 400naira and palliatives should be given to "Selected Few". Guy, it's people like you, that are leading Nigeria and Buhari to hell.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
why all these yoruba juju holders never use jazz make this buhari waka enter sambisa forest make animals chop am sef?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by 49cents(m): 11:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

Do you think you are talking to kids. The dollar should be ramped up to 400naira and palliatives should be given to "Selected Few". Guy, it's people like you, that are leading Nigeria and Buhari to hell.

What's this fixation with low exchange rates? Is it so that you can buy iPhone for N10000?

Until importation is discouraged by devaluation, no fixed rate of dollar will stand over time...

Nigeria doesn't have an economy yet, if we don't deliberately fast now, we shall be forced to fast later by reality.

Now miss smartypants what is your solution cos your response didn't even suggest one

15 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by MRSALT: 11:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
With the present political structure of Nigeria that encourages laziness? Except Nigeria is restructured to encourage accountability and healthy competition, no economist whether Harvard trained or UNILAG professor will turn around Nigeria Economy. This is not about political affiliations, but about making Nigeria a conducive place for everyone to live, raise their children and enjoy life.

17 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by cjrane: 11:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
Keneking:
Simply redecimalise the currency and you get 3.5Naira to 1 USD.

Playing with decimal places is just a waste of time. It is like saying we are the biggest economy in Africa by changing the calculation of our GDP, had it solved poverty, hardship or unemployment ?

Nigeria under Buhari is a disaster this is the only Nigerian President I can think about that will first think of which tribe will benefit before he does anything. As if that us not bad enough, all the settled issues in Nigeria to help give a semblance of unity in diversity is mindlessly violated by Buhari. When another President address these imbalances Buhari is creating, they will threaten a civil war. Well, Nigeria will be lucky to avoid a civil war under Buhari.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by JoSaintiago: 12:14am On Jun 28, 2016
MRSALT:
With the present political structure of Nigeria that encourages laziness? Except Nigeria is restructured to encourage accountability and healthy competition, no economist whether Harvard trained or UNILAG professor will turn around Nigeria Economy. This is not about political affiliations, but about making Nigeria a conducive place for everyone to live, raise their children and enjoy life.
pls stop dat rubbish of urs which nigerians ar lazy?u nd buhari need to be flogged and cast into ,,,,..bottomless pit evry day nigerians ar lazy,corrupt,criminal do u know when i started my hustle.just spewing trash in name of comment. El dullarden is a failed,deaf n corrupt(false certificate),criminal(treason) bigot(attack on boko)

14 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by afanide: 12:22am On Jun 28, 2016
His customers will still come here and say he has agricultural/ECONOMIC insight

8 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by quickly: 12:38am On Jun 28, 2016
Rice production is a good start

Nigeria need to create a tourism industry to the standard of south africa and kenya. We should have the best game reseve in africa.

That would make them build world class hotels , world class transportation.

This western countires are always looking for somewhere to spend vacation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by Corperadams: 12:51am On Jun 28, 2016
Guys abeg ooo,. This man don confuse me. Na who he want blame now?
His saying he have nt seen anything that we have achieve by devalueing of naira, then who cause it?
Me oooo, na small thing dey vex me and if i :>vex now people go talk say i too dey vex and my vex no good if i dey hungre.

13 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by spearman(m): 12:57am On Jun 28, 2016
49cents:

One of a very few smart Nigerians

7 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by AtlanticBreeze: 3:43am On Jun 28, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

are you also an economic illiterate like Buhari? palliatives to company's that will boost local production and stabilize the dollar while employing mor Nigerians is what you call palliatives to "selected few?" SMFH

4 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by otil1: 3:55am On Jun 28, 2016
Only one word -

Dullard!

8 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by FagsamPHP(m): 4:32am On Jun 28, 2016
This idiot of a president remains a Certificaless Dullard!!!!! buhari the dullard

14 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by BarryX(m): 4:33am On Jun 28, 2016
When the dullards are in power, what shall the intelligent ones do?

To think some Nigerians entrusted the country in the hands of this ineffectual Dullard is the sweet part.

14 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by rusher14: 5:38am On Jun 28, 2016
JoSaintiago:
pls stop dat rubbish of urs which nigerians ar lazy?u nd buhari need to be flogged and cast into ,,,,..bottomless pit evry day nigerians ar lazy,corrupt,criminal do u know when i started my hustle.just spewing trash in name of comment. El dullarden is a failed,deaf n corrupt(false certificate),criminal(treason) bigot(attack on boko)

I don't deny you hustle hard but as long as your hustle doesn't involve local manufacturing or direct import of forex and not the other way round, the presidency is not your problem.

7 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by rusher14: 5:42am On Jun 28, 2016
quickly:
Rice production is a good start

Nigeria need to create a tourism industry to the standard of south africa and kenya. We should have the best game reseve in africa.

That would make them build world class hotels , world class transportation.

This western countires are always looking for somewhere to spend vacation.

I accept tourism is a great money spinner but which foreigner wants to come into a nation with a high chance of being abducted or caught between inter-communal wars?

You might say they are here in Nigeria already, you are right but they are here risking their lives for money not for pleasure.

We must change our attitude.

8 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by revolt(m): 6:38am On Jun 28, 2016
Two years nvr reach but the amount of abuse buhari dey get surpasses obj and gej combined... I warned yall change mongers tht were blinded by sentiment.

A granddad can nver make a gud presido. Theyre usually senile.

17 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by cornelin(m): 7:34am On Jun 28, 2016
49cents:

What's this fixation with low exchange rates? Is it so that you can buy iPhone for N10000?

Until importation is discouraged by devaluation, no fixed rate of dollar will stand over time...

Nigeria doesn't have an economy yet, if we don't deliberately fast now, we shall be forced to fast later by reality.

Now miss smartypants what is your solution cos your response didn't even suggest one
Oga discouragement of importation by devaluation of the naira does not work in the Nigerian context. Importers would still source for resource to import and the whole burden would be borne by the consumers, at least, that's the way I see it. What would rather work is for the government to encourage local investment and production of these imported products at a reasonable quality and pocket friendly price and watch the importers go out if business.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by otukpo(f): 7:41am On Jun 28, 2016
Buhari 's economic policies have failed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by 2sexycom(m): 7:50am On Jun 28, 2016
49cents:

You know when people you talk about discouraging importation I laugh. Is our power sector working to begin with? Give people constant power supply and watch Nigeria transform herself in just 5-7 years.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by brunofarad(m): 8:00am On Jun 28, 2016
Bubu at it again

5 Likes

Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 28, 2016
Buhari when don old pass my grandpapa na him una carry for seat abi? Ok o
Re: 13 States To Produce Rice For Consumption+ Devaluation has failed – Buhari by kobonaire(m): 8:01am On Jun 28, 2016
The gains of floating your currency are not seen overnight. It should take a couple of months for the effects to be noticed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari: People Blame Me For My Father’s Actions / Oby Ezekwesili Demands A Medical Panel On President Buhari / Major Roads Gov Soludo Is Constructing In Awka(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.