Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Need Help, My Laptop Screen Just Went Blank - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Need Help, My Laptop Screen Just Went Blank (1269 Views)

BROKEN LAPTOP SCREEN? Well, Screen Just Got Cheaper (now Cheaper Than Ever) / My Hp Dv6 Screen Went Blank.. / Replace Your Damaged Or Broken Laptop Screen Here At Cheap Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help, My Laptop Screen Just Went Blank by adwaani(m): 6:23am On Jun 28, 2016
hello Gurus in the house.I own an hp dv6 pavilion laptop, and I have being using it for quite a while now.A few months ago my amd mother board got fried and an engineer at computer village was able to change it to an Intel board with an i3 processor.Yesterday while I was doing some routine 3d designs on solid works as I work a lot with SW as a mechanical engineering student, my laptop screen just went blank. The Keyboard and and everything is else is running fine, but my screen won't come on.I did a hard reset multiple times, and even went to Google for some tips yet no solution seems to work.I removed the RAM cards and cleaned both of them including the slots and still the screen just stares at me like it just wants me to give up...Please I need your take before I go to computer village and keep investing in one engineers ministry
Re: Need Help, My Laptop Screen Just Went Blank by horllamy(m): 7:07am On Jun 28, 2016
adwaani:
hello Gurus in the house.I own an hp dv6 pavilion laptop, and I have being using it for quite a while now.A few months ago my amd mother board got fried and an engineer at computer village was able to change it to an Intel board with an i3 processor.Yesterday while I was doing some routine 3d designs on solid works as I work a lot with SW as a mechanical engineering student, my laptop screen just went blank. The Keyboard and and everything is else is running fine, but my screen won't come on.I did a hard reset multiple times, and even went to Google for some tips yet no solution seems to work.I removed the RAM cards and cleaned both of them including the slots and still the screen just stares at me like it just wants me to give up...Please I need your take before I go to computer village and keep investing in one engineers ministry

That's how AMD board is doing I think that should be VGA problem.
But no permanent solution to it . If heat VGA now the next 1month the problem will still persist.
Re: Need Help, My Laptop Screen Just Went Blank by adwaani(m): 7:36am On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=horllamy post=46997598]

That's how AMD board is doing I think that should be VGA problem.
But no permanent solution to it . If heat VGA now the next 1month the problem will still persist.[/quo

it's an Intel board now...I changed from AMD when it got burnt,so it's intel
Re: Need Help, My Laptop Screen Just Went Blank by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=adwaani post=46998367][/quote]

I want to know if it's from the board, when u press the caplock does it show the white light sign?
If yes then it's either from the screen or signal capable.. If no then it's from the motherboard...

Take it to your engineer
Re: Need Help, My Laptop Screen Just Went Blank by adwaani(m): 8:31am On Jun 28, 2016
udemzy101:

I want to know if it's from the board, when u press the caplock does it show the white light sign?
If yes then it's either from the screen or signal capable.. If no then it's from the motherboard...

Take it to your engineer

when I put the laptop on,the wifi button shows the green light to indicate it is on,and the caps lock key keeps blinking...it goes on and off (caps lock light)...the engineer that repaired it the first time, says it is the processor when I called him but I need a second opinion
Re: Need Help, My Laptop Screen Just Went Blank by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 28, 2016
adwaani:

when I put the laptop on,the wifi button shows the green light to indicate it is on,and the caps lock key keeps blinking...it goes on and off (caps lock light)...the engineer that repaired it the first time, says it is the processor when I called him but I need a second opinion

Hmmm... Keeps blinking? You just have to troubleshoot, it might be ram, processor... For how long have you been using it since u change to Intel board? And what's the model of the system you're using?
Re: Need Help, My Laptop Screen Just Went Blank by adwaani(m): 9:35am On Jun 28, 2016
udemzy101:

Hmmm... Keeps blinking? You just have to troubleshoot, it might be ram, processor... For how long have you been using it since u change to Intel board? And what's the model of the system you're using?

it would be almost a year since I started using the new board...I bought it brand new from computer village but I couldnt afford a new processor so the engineer swapped my AMD processor with his spare i3....it has been working seamlessly till this blank screen thing.Its a hp pavilion dv6 laptop, 6g ram,500 gb harddrive.....
Re: Need Help, My Laptop Screen Just Went Blank by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 28, 2016
adwaani:

it would be almost a year since I started using the new board...I bought it brand new from computer village but I couldnt afford a new processor so the engineer swapped my AMD processor with his spare i3....it has been working seamlessly till this blank screen thing.Its a hp pavilion dv6 laptop, 6g ram,500 gb harddrive.....

It might be the processor... Just take it to him, it's all about troubleshooting.
Re: Need Help, My Laptop Screen Just Went Blank by horllamy(m): 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=adwaani post=46998367][/quote]
Kindly return the board

(1) (Reply)

Hp Photosmart 8050 Printer / HP Pavilion 15 For Sale - Sold / Powerful Gaming Asus Laptop With 2gb Nvidia Graphics Mem SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.