Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 (20922 Views)

FG Orders Security Agencies To Monitor Social Media Posts Of ‘prominent Nigerian / FG To Sell Discos To New Investors - Zainab Mohammed / FG Orders ‘Eat, Drink Nigeria’ At State Functions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by ijustdey: 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
The Federal Government has directed that all higher consumers known as Maximum Demand (MD) customers be metered by the 11 electricity Distribution companies (Discos) before November 30, 2016.

A statement from the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) said the directive to meter their MD customers within the specified period is without prejudice to metering all classes of electricity customers according to their performance agreement.

The Acting Chairman, NERC, Dr. Anthony Akah who provided further insight into the directive said that default from any Disco would attract sanctions from December 1.

He explained that any MD customer who was willing to subscribe to the Credited Advance Payment for Metering Initiative (CAPMI) during the moratorium period should be allowed, the statement said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/fg-orders-discos-to-meter-high-consumers-before-nov-30/152844.html

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by simplemach(m): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
power supply keeps Reducing by the day and the best policy to tackle it is to share meter.
CONTINUE...... *In mummy P's voice*
But come to think of it, is it that the power problem is beyond this government, has constant power supply suddenly turned to rocket science?

Finally, shout out to all ROTARACTORS in the house

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by amiibaby(f): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
Okay we Don hear
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by R0LL0N(m): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
noted
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by wasco24: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
cool
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by boman2014: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
better
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by akpumping7720(m): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Expatiation pls.... professionals and students of elect elect over to you

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by adioolayi(m): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
Most of them are running away from Prepaid Meters knowing fully well their consumption rate is high and huge money will be required to meet it. They prefer billing systems with fixed bill every month especially after tipping the electricity distribution workers

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by anonimi: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
Does that include Army Barracks
Otherwise Burantashi will accuse them of being electricity terrorists just as he did to those who exposed his theft and acquisition of two multi-million $$$$$$$$$$$$$ houses in Dubai.
Fvcked up country with a democratic DICTATOR in charge!

[img]http://madukovich.files./2015/10/buratai-doing-push-ups-with-soldiers-in-the.jpeg[/img]

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by tosinbabe(f): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hope say na FOC free of charge!
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by idupaul: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
What kind of label is that ...every one should have access to metres not just some users

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by Ahmeduana(m): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by Thunderlicious: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ok, no wahala.
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by MissRike(f): 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
Na so dem go talk. By the way, what's wrong with distributing meters to everyone apart from the high consumers of electricity?
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by VIPERVENOM(m): 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
Bad market for them. They wont obey dat order as long as it wont favour them sad

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by soleskate(m): 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
They won't do it cos dats where dey see their egunje frm.....only God knws wch is better Police nd PHCN..
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by anytexy: 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
please, guys, Mtn used to deduct my money for SMS by sending "I will call you back" to the caller i missed his call. I never subscribed for such. Do anybody in the house know the code to stop it. pls help.
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by Brightgem(f): 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
Where the light first.
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by dahunsy(f): 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
Coughs*** Clears throat#.....Lord why did you allow a cattle rearer to lead millions of soul n destiny in this country? Confused govt# we are wilderness bound# set us free oh lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by kingsol1759(m): 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
My question is this, who are the MD customers? Are they giving out the meters for free? because I heard one has to pay as high as 65k for a 3phase meter.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
I got my meter 3weeks ago after I'v paid for it since January, my house is just 2bedroom flat, these yeye Nepa always billing me #7500 per month, since 3weeks now, I never finish #1000 recharge.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by MrCow(m): 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
Haba, Elect elect bawo. simply means houses with high demand of electricity MUST get meter b4 the set date....... The criterion to determine wasn't stated though

akpumping7720:
Expatiation pls.... professionals and students of elect elect over to you

BTW hope the light will be 24hrs after this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by jiddodo: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
Why not even distribution? Pls can some expantiate?
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by Olukat(m): 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
The companies will be the ones to enjoy such move, As this would end random billing
I got a prepaid meter recently, loaded 7k, its 2 months and still counting.
The problem isn't metering consumers but increasing the power generation, transmission and distribution
It's not a "ROCKET SCIENCE" shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by STALINN: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by Pyno30: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ok
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by gafoo4u: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
How can that reduce the price of GARI in the market? go slow
Re: FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 by nonjebose(m): 2:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
tosinbabe:
tosinbabe:
FOC ke? Is there anything like that in naija? They should extend this all other customer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians React to the suspension of Walter Onnoghen / Buhari Cancels Visit To Calabar / Umahi Endorses Atiku Abubakar, Plans 100% For PDP, Flays Mischief Makers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.