Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,170 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

BREAKING: Fani Kayode Arraigned In Court By The EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Fani Kayode Arraigned In Court By The EFCC (540 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail: Fani-Kayode Blocked From Entering Court By Security / BREAKING!! Fani-kayode And Nnenadi Usman Granted Bail / Ekiti Government To Court By Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Fani Kayode Arraigned In Court By The EFCC by SAMBATLAN(m): 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arraigned Femi Fani-Kayode before a Federal High Court in Lagos today, June 28. . Chief Femi Fani-Kayode’s name reportedly appeared again while EFCC operatives were grilling former Imo State Governor Achike Udenwa over the disbursement of a huge sum of money during the 2015 presidential election. The details of how the cash was disbursed are: Fani-Kayode (N840million); Goodluck Support Group (N320million); Achike Udenwa and Viola Onwuliri (N350million); Nenadi Us

man (N140million); Olu Falae(N100m) and Okey Ezenwa (N100million). Operatives of the EFCC laid siege on the Abuja residence of the former minister of aviation. The EFCC operatives alongside many mobile police officers surrounded the Aso Drive residence of the former minister. It was not clear why the security operatives surrounded the house but sources said that there were plans to arrest the former minister before the date he is expected to report to the commission for “discussion”.

The former minister also wrote on his Facebook page: “Today the EFCC invited me to to come their office on Monday. I have their letter. I agreed to be there. Now they have surrounded my house. “The letter of invitation was served this morning and it was dated 6th May. They said I should report on the 9th. “Can someone pls tell me why they are at my gate? They can’t even wait because they want to detain me so badly and keep me away for the weekend. I never refused their invitation. Why all this? I leave them to God.” Following the siege of his house and invite by the anti-graft agency, chief Kayode was held back in the EFCC custody. The spokesman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Deji Adeyanju said that ex-aviation minister was being kept in an underground cell in the EFCC. Fani-Kayode was on May 10 reported to the EFCC for questioning.

“When we got to EFCC at around 10am, they kept us waiting for about 2hrs before attending to us. Then a Director met us and said the reason why we invited you is because of campaign funds & another petition against you. Then Fani-Kayode was taken for interrogation. His 2 lawyers & I were allowed to stay with him.” “The Director of Finance Nenadi Usman asked me to open an account specifically for my Directorate so she can fund the directorate. I did,” Fani-Kayode said afterwards. “She said she will not give anyone cash for transparency reasons. I opened an account. Monies were transferred into that account. “The money she transferred to me was to run our directorate. We used all the money for an effective campaign. We did a wonderful job.

“I am very proud I was Director of Media & Publicity of the campaign. At the end, we did a report of all expenses & submitted to the PCO.” Fani-Kayode was given an administrative bail in which two sureties must be serving directors in government agencies. After over a month of being held in detention, Fani Kayode’s fiancée spoke out on why he is still being held by the EFCC. Over a month after former Aviation minister and spokesman for the Goodluck Jonathan campaign organisation, Femi Fani-Kayode, was arrested by the EFCC, his fiancée Precious Chikwendu, revealed why he’s still being held by the organisation.

Fani-Kayode who was arrested on May 9, for fraud-related issues, has been held in detention for over a month and was said to be set for arraignment before Justice Sule Hassan of the Federal High Court in Lagos. Fani-Kayode who is to be arraigned alongside former finance minister Nenadi Usman, reportedly filed for bail application through his lawyer, Ahmed Raji (SAN). According to the Nation, Fani-Kayode’s fiancée, Precious Chikwendu, revealed he has told the EFCC all he knows about the PDP campaign funds. She reportedly said: “All the monies paid into his account were from private entities and they were judiciously used to prosecute the PDP 2015 presidential campaign. ‎He was granted administrative bail with onerous conditions. The said bail conditions were met on Thursday, the 12th day of May, 2016, yet the complainant/respondent (EFCC) has refused to release the defendant/applicant till date.” She also said Fani-Kayode was once interrogated in her presence, and there were no petitions written against him.

Read the details here.
[url]https://www.naij.com/874796-breaking-see-happened-fani-kayode-photos.html?source=notification[/ur]

(1) (Reply)

Abia State To Remain Without A Governor Till July 7 … See New Details + Photo / Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) Bomb Chevron Manifolds / Niger Delta Avengers Claim Responsibility For Agip Pipeline Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.