Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,627 members, 7,861,942 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case (627 Views)

Do You Think I Should Change My Institution / Lawyers Advise Parents To Sue Covenant University For Suspension Of 200 Students / JAMB 2017: How To Choose Your Institution For A Successful Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by stevnwigw: 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
After my Masters degree in my university where I also obtained my BSc, the NUC, accreditation was round the corner. My head of department called me with my other colleague that I did my MSc programme together with, to submit our cv and other relevant credentials, with passport photograph among other times. A file was opened for us in the department as academic staff. We were fixed in the position of graduate assistant even with masters. During the NUC accreditation we constructed a fish hatchery in our department's animal farm, manned it and entertained all the questions from NUC. Now the accreditation is over and the department got full accreditation for five year. But my department dropped us after the accreditation and we are Ph.D candidates suffering without job and we were not paid a dine. Now, I want to sue my institution do I have any case pls lawyers in the house, since we are in the era of zero corruption.
cc Buhari
cc NUC
cc Commissioner of police.
Re: I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by hemartins(m): 6:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
You'd need a good lawyer
Re: I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by donbenedict(m): 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
You don't have any case!

You failed to urge the university to initiate a contract on that. That is, after the nuc accreditation, they will absorb u as graduate assistant..
Re: I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by stevnwigw: 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
donbenedict:
You don't have any case!

You failed to urge the university to initiate a contract on that. That is, after the nuc accreditation, they will absorb u as graduate assistant..

really!!!
Re: I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by Mologi(m): 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
EHYA!!!!

but...op u no get money u wan sue uni.....

odukwa risky
Re: I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by fiftynaira(m): 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
Bros u don hammer

Get a good lawyer
Get hold of some evidence
Re: I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by stevnwigw: 7:36pm On Jun 28, 2016
fiftynaira:
Bros u don hammer
Get a good lawyer Get hold of some evidence
like? Pls name it some thanks.
Re: I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by fiftynaira(m): 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
stevnwigw:
like? Pls name it some thanks.

"A file was opened for us in the department as academic staff. We were fixed in the position of graduate assistant even with masters. During the NUC accreditation we constructed a fish hatchery in our department's animal farm, manned it and entertained all the questions from NUC."

The above quote is a good evidence but then again I need to ask

1)was an appointment letter giving to you?
2)was the take of ur other colleagues who suffered same faith with you?
Re: I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by deltateam: 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
Op oya post video and picture of your appointment letter now or....
Re: I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by stevnwigw: 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
fiftynaira:

"A file was opened for us in the department as academic staff. We were fixed in the position of graduate assistant even with masters. During the NUC accreditation we constructed a fish hatchery in our department's animal farm, manned it and entertained all the questions from NUC."

The above quote is a good evidence but then again I need to ask

1)was an appointment letter giving to you?
2)was the take of ur other colleagues who suffered same faith with you?

no copy of the appointment letter was given to us by our HOD since she had an evil intention but it was put in our file since the NUC will not acknowledge that without the appointment letter
Re: I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by babyfaceafrica: 12:53am On Jun 29, 2016
No appointment letter ,no case..just forget it and search for another job..lawyers will just chop your money....u sef,o ga o...no contract signature and you think you get job?..chai!!!
Re: I Want To Sue My Institution For Deceit Do I Have Any Case by deltateam: 3:39am On Jun 29, 2016
stevnwigw:
no copy of the appointment letter was given to us by our HOD since she had an evil intention but it was put in our file since the NUC will not acknowledge that without the appointment letter

When did HOD start giving employment. It should come from the university authority. Op just learn from it and move on.

(1) (Reply)

Campus Dating - How Long Can Couples Last? / The Chemistry Of Women / Throwback Picture.... Can You Still Remember This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.