Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF (28752 Views)

Senate Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Hameed Ali / AGF, Malami ‘shuns’ Senate; Issues Statement / Standing Rule: Dino Melaye Comes Down Heavily On AGF Describes Him As A Nuisance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by onepluone: 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
Anyi3:

Oga, the minister of Justice has a job to prosecute irregularities, powers given to him by the legislative. Why is it a problem when he prosecutes the Senate leaders for irregularities, are they above the law?

The issue anybody on the sidelines needs to ask is was forgery committed or not and not running from pillar to post blaming the Executive.

If not these Senate leaders could as well commit murder and not be prosecuted.

Point of correction, nairaland is a forum not adjudicator.

It is most unfortunate that the site has been hijacked by paid blogger who supports a tyranical government.

In most civilised countries, the Senate is the most powerful arm of government becos their voice is the voice of the people.

We all know wat Buhari want to do with the Senate.

We have all seen wat he has done with the military and Abuja Courts.

We have seen his appointment pattern.

We will resist any attempt to over run our Senate.

We will resist islamisation via northernisation.

3 Likes

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by nobsalis: 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
!
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by ndcide(m): 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
pharmagba:
Another error by the senators.
Just hope they will not be embarrassed by the AGF. All he need to tell them in answer to any question is that 'the matter is already in court. Let the court decide.

And what if the senate president decides not to appear in court. I see these this from the angle of separation of powers and mutual respect.

1 Like

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Afromalaika(m): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2016
onepluone:
All this Buhari paid bloggers that live on nairaland, just keep supporting tyranny.
If the legislative can obey Judiciary.
The Executive should obey the legislative.
It is called separation of power.
It is in the minister of justice interest to obey the senante.
Our democracy must survive Buhari one man goverbnment.

You must be an Igbo!

4 Likes

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by onepluone: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2016
ndcide:

And what if the senate president decides not to appear in court. I see these this from the angle of separation of powers and mutual respect.

Thank you! They keep forgetting that the whole world is not illiterate like their President. There is a limit to the crap u can sell to the world.
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Deen77: 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
Okanokan:
Is the AGF above the Law?

Which law?, the case is in court.

Meanwhile i think Senate are on holiday for salah?
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Ifeola1: 10:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
I reserve my comment till______
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Anyi3(m): 10:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
onepluone:

It is most unfortunate that the site has been hijacked by paid blogger who supports a tyranical government.

In most civilised countries, the Senate is the most powerful arm of government becos their voice is the voice of the people.

We will resist?

From the comfort of your bed grin

From your first sentence, Nairaland is not an adjudicator. The courts are, the Senate leaders should go there and sort it out not writing to US and UN

6 Likes

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Afromalaika(m): 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
[b]Point of correction, nairaland is a forum not adjudicator.

U wrote brilliantly though biased. The end of d matter is dat yr region hated dis man from d beginning and thus, yr inability to see ANYTHING good in him.
I strongly suspect u re an Igbo person aka wailing wailers.

2 Likes

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by onepluone: 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
laffwitmi:
What is this ipod zombie saying shocked shocked shocked
Afromalaika:

You must be an Igbo!

When they cannot defeat ur logic or rationalise their position they result to labeling. dafts!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Deen77: 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
onepluone:

Thank you! They keep forgetting that the whole world is not illiterate like their President. There is a limit to the crap u can sell to the world.

Your comment show you are illiterate than d president, separation of what, they will be jail no immunity for senators.

4 Likes

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Anyi3(m): 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
ndcide:

The Senate president has no immunity, the judge can lock him up for contempt of court if the judge wants to

4 Likes

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by amakenny: 10:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
This Senate is very weak, can't say divided.
If this Senate understand the full import of what Buhari AND his goons are doing to the Third Arm of government, the members of the legislature should have come together and either impeach Buhari or cripple him politically .

Buhari is hiding behind frivolity to destroy the Third Arm of government, in order to appoint Senate president and DSP so as to make Buhari another Maximum dictator Idi Amin Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Ofemmanu1: 10:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
Even AGF dey forge documents?! Chai, which kind govt be this?

1 Like

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by perryy(m): 10:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
ezivision:

so senate is above the law to push them into forgery Nigerian survival is very far with your type.

Is buhari above the law? Why did he has to forge a WASC certificate when he has nono? That old man will rot in jail for forgery and perjury. Cambridge West Africa has already replied to our inquiry ,and their response is that the name Muhammed Buhari doesn't exist anywhere in their record. Even a million SANS- cannot save the dullard now.

1 Like

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Okanokan(m): 10:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
rottennaija:

What is the law or what does the law say?

The Senate has the unfeterred powers to summon any citizen including the President to appear before it.
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Okanokan(m): 10:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
Deen77:

Which law?, the case is in court.

Meanwhile i think Senate are on holiday for salah?

Your statement has nothing to do with the Law, wether they are on recess, holiday, gallivanting or on a frolick, the AGF is answerable to the people as represented by the National Assembly.
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by kinibd(m): 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
na today nyash de back?

In other news, do you need a natural permanent hair removal solution? Have you heard about thanaka powder and kusumba oil? Google and read more about both of them and send an email to kinibd@yahoo.com if interested in purchasing. Thanks.
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by henrylowe(m): 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
Nawa oooo
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by OYAY(m): 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
Okanokan:
Is the AGF above the Law?
Are the senators above the law?
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by nini007(m): 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Outlawsniper:
Good........ no one has monopoly to abuse of office.

The Senate allowed Executive rascality and abuse of office for too long. Well, I blame the coward Seraki.

What a so called mere commissioner couldn't do, now AFG is doing.

Seraki the coward brought all this rubbish upon himself. Well him and his fellow Judas betrayed GEJ, hence I have no sumpathy for him now.

PMB is not GEJ...you either die standing or kneeling before your oppressor you coward.
Rubbish.
you also the king COWARD. Ode oshi
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by greggng: 11:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
pharmagba:
Another error by the senators.
Just hope they will not be embarrassed by the AGF. All he need to tell them in answer to any question is that 'the matter is already in court. Let the court decide.

I like reading intelligent comments. The matter is already in court nd will amount to contempt of court if he they kept on talking abt it outside the court.

5 Likes

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by donvicky2007: 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
rottennaija:
AGF doesn't answer to the senate
but is the same Senate that screen and confirm his appointment.

1 Like

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by VERDA: 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
Anyi3:

Oga, the minister of Justice has a job to prosecute irregularities, powers given to him by the legislative. Why is it a problem when he prosecutes the Senate leaders for irregularities, are they above the law?

The issue anybody on the sidelines needs to ask is was forgery committed or not and not running from pillar to post blaming the Executive.

If not these Senate leaders could as well commit murder and not be prosecuted.

I think the question should be if it is lawful for the executive to concern itself with the internal affairs of the legistlative. From what i read yhe forgery issue was dealt with twice on the floor and put to rest.

1 Like

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Outlawsniper: 11:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
nini007:
you also the king COWARD. Ode oshi
You bastard Zombie from a hopeless generation.
Never in your life quote me again.
Cursed individual.

2 Likes

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by Dee60: 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
After issuing nonsensical invitations in Nigeria they go to America to chase cleaners! There is nothing hallowed anymore in their chambers. In fact their behaviour reminds you of Isale eko gangstars! It cant be all of them though, but where are the sane ones? Why are they quiet?

4 Likes

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by michealade(m): 11:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
onepluone:

what are you saying?voice of who?
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by pharmagba: 11:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
ndcide:

Please if you know him personally, tell him not to try it o!
Eehn! Just as in the senate chamber that the senate president wields his utmost powers, in the courtroom the judge is termed LORD . In his case with CCT, Saraki must refer to small Danladi as LORD. If the president of Nigeria enters the senate he bows.
He has no option here no matter how small the judge if he doesn't want to be disgraced.

4 Likes

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by spafu(m): 11:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
Buhari is a dullard
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by osusuallstars: 11:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
let see if he will honour the IV. but how come all the judiciary are being headed by thre northerners since
Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by OYAY(m): 11:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
VERDA:

I think the question should be if it is lawful for the executive to concern itself with the internal affairs of the legistlative. From what i read yhe forgery issue was dealt with twice on the floor and put to rest.

I like the part" from what I read",now you did not read the whole story from its inception: here it goes, senator saraki and his cohorts stage a democratic coup in the senate by conducting an election of the principal officers of the senate with only 59 members out of 108 senators thereby shortchanging almost half of the senate members' population because they(disenfrachised senators) were honouring an invitation for a meeting with the president. Hence the aggrived ones in the disenfranchised members wrote a petition to the police of alteration in the senate rules of 2016; instead of saraki and ekweremadu to reach out to this members,pacify them to withdraw their petition they dared them and allowed the issue to fester culminating in police investigating the matter and recommended their prosecution and approval of the AGF for the prosecution to commence. Therefore where is the fault of AGF vis a vis the executive in all this?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery Suit: Senate Issues Fresh Summon On AGF by socialmediaman: 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
ndcide:

Let's imagine this the other way round that the other way round that the legislature took the executive to court for accusing them of forgery, then the attorney orders the IGP to arrest the senators for taking the FG to court, wouldn't you have cried "abuse of power"?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Umahi On His Knees As He Declares His 2019 Governorship Intention(pics) / Atiku Appoints Gbenga Daniel As DG Presidential Campaign / Confirmed: Saraki, Tambuwal, Ortom, Abdulfatah, To Dump APC Next Week - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.