Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,683 members, 7,837,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Need Advise Seriously - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Need Advise Seriously (717 Views)

Pastor Benny Hinn Seriously Ill And Needs Our Prayers / Please I Need Advise!!! / Should We Start Taking TB Joshua Seriously? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advise Seriously by Knight1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2009
pls i'll go strait to the point.
am a christian and known for that in my office. Now they want to share money (even though they have given it a reason thats good enough for them) and because of my position, for them to be able to share it, i have to be included.
what do i do?
pls advise asap
Re: Need Advise Seriously by gen2genius(m): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2009
What sort of money are they sharing?
Re: Need Advise Seriously by JeSoul(f): 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2009
If there's anything illegal about what they are doing, if the money was gotten through ill means then:

Proverbs 1
My son, if sinners entice you,
       do not give in to them.

11 If they say, "Come along with us;
       let's lie in wait for someone's blood,
       let's waylay some harmless soul;

12 let's swallow them alive, like the grave,
       and whole, like those who go down to the pit;

13 we will get all sorts of valuable things
       and fill our houses with plunder;

14 throw in your lot with us,
       and we will share a common purse"-

15 my son, do not go along with them,
       do not set foot on their paths;

16 for their feet rush into sin,
       they are swift to shed blood.

17 How useless to spread a net
       in full view of all the birds!

18 These men lie in wait for their own blood;
       they waylay only themselves!

19 Such is the end of all who go after ill-gotten gain;
       it takes away the lives of those who get it.
Re: Need Advise Seriously by Knight1(m): 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2009
the money is supposedly for training of us the senior officers but you'd gape if i told you the amount
Re: Need Advise Seriously by gen2genius(m): 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2009
Expatiate.

Did the organisation approve the money for the intended purpose? Is it being used for it? Is it the Senior Officers who are planning to share the money? etc etc
Re: Need Advise Seriously by JeSoul(f): 8:59pm On Sep 04, 2009
Knight1:

the money is supposedly for training of us the senior officers but you'd gape if i told you the amount
 "Supposed for training" but they want to chop it?
Then don't join them, don't let the amount entice you. Wash your hands clean and there is nothing hidden under the sun, what is done in secret will be exposed in full view one day. The very fact you don't feel easy about it should be enough to make you walk away.

See ^^how explicit Proverbs 1 is in talking about this exact kind of situation.
Re: Need Advise Seriously by Knight1(m): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2009
evry thing has gone through the normal govt procedure. tis just the amount. putting it mildly, its like taking N200 for a N3 sweet. why am uncomfortable is that it is the ppl who want to share it that approved the money so they did it madly. am entitled to the training but the money is the prob
Re: Need Advise Seriously by banom(m): 9:10pm On Sep 04, 2009
Knight1:

evry thing has gone through the normal govt procedure. tis just the amount. putting it mildly, its like taking N200 for a N3 sweet. why am uncomfortable is that it is the ppl who want to share it that approved the money so they did it madly. am entitled to the training but the money is the prob

Is there any thing wrong with budget surplus ? or do you prefer deficit ?
Nawaooo this born again people self,

That is the divine favor you have been sowing seed for, receive it , just make sure you pay your tithes,
It is the Lawds doing, and it is marvelous in your eyes.
Re: Need Advise Seriously by gen2genius(m): 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2009
If you were not involved in the initial planning, I don't see why you MUST be involved in the eventual sharing.

And I'd still like to get something clear before making a definite comment on the issue. Was the cost of the training DELIBERATELY inflated for dubious reasons? Or is the entire package a normal entitlement? Why I asked the second question is because people in government are naturally careless with money as it seems to be flowing freely without any clear direction on what to do with it. And in that case, they wouldn't mind giving you N200 for a N3 sweet. If that's the case, then it's not sinful to partake in the sharing - it's like requesting for pocket money from your "overrich" Dad and he gave you 200 million Naira while you're expecting only 200 Naira. It's your luck, not your fault. But if it's a case of dishonestly inflating costs, then you must isolate yourself. They should be glad about it, after all, it'll mean increment in their individual shares!
Re: Need Advise Seriously by BlackRevo: 6:35am On Sep 05, 2009
JeSoul:

If there's anything illegal about what they are doing, if the money was gotten through ill means then:

Proverbs 1
My son, if sinners entice you,
       do not give in to them.

11 If they say, "Come along with us;
       let's lie in wait for someone's blood,
       let's waylay some harmless soul;

12 let's swallow them alive, like the grave,
       and whole, like those who go down to the pit;

13 we will get all sorts of valuable things
       and fill our houses with plunder;

14 throw in your lot with us,
       and we will share a common purse"-

15 my son, do not go along with them,
       do not set foot on their paths;

16 for their feet rush into sin,
       they are swift to shed blood.

17 How useless to spread a net
       in full view of all the birds!

18 These men lie in wait for their own blood;
       they waylay only themselves!

19 Such is the end of all who go after ill-gotten gain;
       it takes away the lives of those who get it.

You have said it very well from the biblical point of view and i know many more will come to advice him likewise. But nigeria is such a dirty place that it is not easy to just close your eyes to things like this. They are situations you are going to find yourself from time to time in Nigeria. You have rightly told him not to participate but from the practical point of view that is not possible in nigeria. You have to find a way to get out of it and not simply saying no. You can say no but your position still hinders them from carrying out their plans. Thats the situation he is finding himself right now. Please read on.

gen2genius:

If you were not involved in the initial planning, I don't see why you MUST be involved in the eventual sharing.

And I'd still like to get something clear before making a definite comment on the issue. Was the cost of the training DELIBERATELY inflated for dubious reasons? Or is the entire package a normal entitlement? Why I asked the second question is because people in government are naturally careless with money as it seems to be flowing freely without any clear direction on what to do with it. And in that case, they wouldn't mind giving you N200 for a N3 sweet. If that's the case, then it's not sinful to partake in the sharing - it's like requesting for pocket money from your "overrich" Dad and he gave you 200 million Naira while you're expecting only 200 Naira. It's your luck, not your fault. But if it's a case of dishonestly inflating costs, then you must isolate yourself. They should be glad about it, after all, it'll mean increment in their individual shares!

My brother i like the angle you are coming from mixing the bible and practical realities on ground. He is working in a company which is even better than the government because that is the most corrupt place you can ever work in Nigeria. He doesn't have to be the initiator of anything because he is a born again. It will be nice if we can all go back and still examine the case of the former Nigerian health minister who was sacked when she found herself in this same situation. I would have asked you to follow that route and tell them that this is your first and last time no matter the next circumstance. but it might backfire like that of the health minister. You could possibly report them to the authority also.

For my personal advice don't do it because you will be mocked later secretly at your back. If caught you will hinder many other weak Christians or aspiring Christians from coming closer to God. You will dent your image and there are many more reasons i can give not to do it. But i will henceforth give advice how to go about it because simply saying no is not the final solution and answer. Your position is crucial to the execution of the racket just like that of the health minister.

I will be posting some examples of the kind of situation a christian will find himself working in Nigeria later.
Re: Need Advise Seriously by posakosa(m): 6:50am On Sep 05, 2009
this is not a religious issue. Its a moral or immoral issue. I believe you have a conscience, undecided undecided undecided

Do what you perceive is the right thing to do. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Need Advise Seriously by BlackRevo: 7:26am On Sep 05, 2009
posakosa:

this is not a religious issue. Its a moral or immoral issue. I believe you have a conscience,  undecided undecided undecided

Do what you perceive is the right thing to do.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I understand you and i have to say also that religion teaches and guides us towards good morals. We can also get good morals from other sources like our cultures and traditions.

I am looking at it from both angle religious and from the moral point of view without any religious attachment.

Lets take the example of the health minister who took her own part of the share to give to the poor and suffering junior staff. even when she did not agree in the first place but have to give in when realities where against her. She felt she had no option but to give in but still use her share to do something worthwhile.

What can we say about her action? morally right or not?

Now here is the question for morals sake ---- Is it better not to take part in the fraud or use your share to champion a good will? Can i steal money to feed the poor? Can i lie to save the life of my father just like sarah did for abraham?
Re: Need Advise Seriously by Knight1(m): 10:08am On Sep 05, 2009
thank you all. its nice to see that ppl are giving reasonable advice. the cost is inflated aand the ceo has approved it. my dilemma is how to dodge the money, if its possible

(1) (Reply)

The Puzzles Of God Answered / How Are We Superior To Angels? / Let's Pray For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.