Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

South Africa Movie Disgracing Nigerians - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / South Africa Movie Disgracing Nigerians (1732 Views)

Photos From The Africa Movie Academy Awards 2015 / Photos From The Star-studded Africa Movie Academy Awards / Nigerian Movies Dominate Africa Movie Academy Awards 2011 Nominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Movie Disgracing Nigerians by yomz1e(m): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2009
[b]Guys,
I don't know about you, but i am getting vexed with Nigeria being dissed even from the most evil country. The new movie 'District 9' clearly insults Nigerians even the past president saying he is the leader of aliens and The nigerians in SA are  scammers selling CAt food  to aliens.  Recently South Africans were attacking Nigerians for living in their country and untold amount of violence hppened there, now this move to add insult to injury is sort of saying we are the aliens in South Africa and we should all be moved to an isolated island. Coming from a white Souith African who directed the movie. please watch the movie and tell me if i am right or just being naive.

Also the advert for the new Sony PS3 also accused us of being liars and fraudsters, THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.
[/b]
Re: South Africa Movie Disgracing Nigerians by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2009
wouldnt they all just love to move Nigerians to an isolated island.

I smell oil and land greed here.
Re: South Africa Movie Disgracing Nigerians by Rebarobyn: 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2009
so what the hell is sony still doing in Nigeria? if it unprofitable for them, they should leave, abeg no be by force, and for that stupid district 9 movie, I was just going to watch it in the movies, thank God I didn't waste my money, why am I not surprised, south africans are just a bunch of xenophobic people who think they are better than every other country in africa, they have the worst social ills but no one sees it- the rape, drugs, incest, racism, but no one ever condemns them.
Re: South Africa Movie Disgracing Nigerians by austin9(m): 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2009
To hell with Neill Bloomkamp,I think he's just trying out strategies to sell his movie, He succeeded after all.I guess why it topped the charts in US boxoffice was that all these Oyinbos don't want a rival like Nigeria,so the best they can do is to tarnish our already battered image, God Bless Africa  Nigeria

When our fellow Africans call us names to our face,don't we think there's more to this than meets the eye[b]?[/b]

"Chukwuzoba-anyi"  
Re: South Africa Movie Disgracing Nigerians by yoruba: 10:43am On Sep 08, 2009
@Rebarobyn
There are alot of South African movies about Aids, Crime i.e Jerusalema, Tsotsi, Yesterday. And also there is alot of foreign documentaries about those issues.
As for the drug part, Nigerian druglords are the contribute most of the drugs into South Africa according to the SAPS, and are one of the leading drug traffickers in the world.

Read your stats before you comment.
Re: South Africa Movie Disgracing Nigerians by Rebarobyn: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2009
yoruba:

@Rebarobyn
There are alot of South African movies about Aids, Crime i.e Jerusalema, Tsotsi, Yesterday. And also there is alot of foreign documentaries about those issues.
As for the drug part, Nigerian druglords are the contribute most of the drugs into South Africa according to the SAPS, and are one of the leading drug traffickers in the world.

Read your stats before you comment.

thank you for your unsolicited info. and how does it relate to the issue? i doubt if you even tried to make sense out of my comment, I wonder why people won't just comment without feeling the need to argue with someone. did i say they didn't do any movies on their social ills? did i dispute anything about nigerians selling drugs in SA? pls help me understand how what you're saying relates to my comment.

(1) (Reply)

Keturah King Of CNN Speaks About The Nigerian Media Industry Watch Video / Most Underrated Movies Of 2016 / Where Can I Download "Ella" Yoruba Comedy Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.