Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate (28288 Views)

Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets / EFCC Closes In On Ex-gov Over 29 Dubai Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:34am On Jun 29, 2016
I hope SaharaReporters clarify if the claim of Lt. Gen. Buratai is true. Does he own part of the property or hundred percent of it?

SaharaReporters started this quest. They should either end or continue it.

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Ilochukwuka: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2016
lwise:
No public office holder or anybody working under the government is allowed to have a foreign account talkless buying properties abroad.

Let's call a spade a spade not a long spoon.

That's is wrong they are only bared from running foreign account but not acquiring properties in foreign land. Just hope all the truth will be revealed.
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Akpan107(m): 11:41am On Jun 29, 2016
KissCODE:
Watching the drama as it unfolds.

I dont see this case going anywhere. Because Burantai is a Buhari person, he has committed no crime.

He can by pass the law. He can own a property anywhere. Afterall he is a financial prudent man, he knows how to save.

But someone like Deziani Alison who worked for shell oil company & rose to the position of a DIRECTOR is reckless financially and cant save to buy or build a house in Abuja.

Even when we all know that in all Burantai‘s life, he couldnt have been able to save up to $300 thousand from his salary & other approved allowances.

Congrats to Burantai, the man that knows how to save money.

Oh sorry, he has the lergest SNAKE farm in the world. And that SNAKE farm is situated in the moon.

Anyway dont say that I told you. The snake is bokoharam & the farm is NE.
The place has given him so much money.
It's advisable for every Nigerian to open/operate a "Burutai Savings Account" (BSA). is like the account is multiplying money.

4 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by AhmadMind: 11:41am On Jun 29, 2016
[size=18pt]Is Sahara Reporters a friend of Boko Haram Nigeria's destabilisation

BTW where is their office and who secretly funds them?

Could they be linked to the C1A?

Questions ...Questions Buratai
[/size]

Tolexander:
Seems Lt Gen. Buratai was trying to say Boko Haram boys have succeeded in hacking into the Sahara Reporters' website to publish all the Dubai property procurement against him and his two wives.
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by porozhniy(m): 11:44am On Jun 29, 2016
They still haven't answered the all important questions: What is the annual income of Buratai & his two 'shareholder' wives after tax? Can they legally afford to own such shares? If not, how did they perform the magic?. Buratai, DHQ, EFCC & FGN...we waiting for answers.

3 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 29, 2016
So, this Buratai guy is calling Sahara Reporters cyber terrorists ?

Why is it difficult for him to just prove how he got $1.5m to buy those houses plus the ones he owns in Nigeria ?

Is Buhari so biased that even with evidence he has not sent EFCC to probe this man ?

7 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 29, 2016
Doyin2:

The report says that Buratai held shares in the property not as the sole owner.This type of investment is common in Dubai.
BTW the investment was mentioned in his Assets Declaration Form.
Until further investigation proofs otherwise,the fact remains as claimed. Only God knows the truth!
We should not be deliberately mischievous when analysing issues.Your analysis is based on a premise not given in the case study.

Lol at "only God knows the truth". Unless Sahara Reporters wants to leave the issue, we too will soon know the truth.

Only God knows the truth because you are now biased. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Lyoncrescent: 11:46am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
army boys dont necessary have to loot to be rich

i had a friend in the army who was posted to ibadan. during that petrol scarcity they were in charge of all the filling stations and everyone had to pay him to get petrol. on a day at that gas station and gas stations all over ibadan he was making like 10,000 dollars. this whole exercise lasted for 3 months or so. this was a little while back. my nigga went to england and bought a house cash down with the money. he must have made 2 million dollars. point being army boys dont necessarily have to loot to have 1.5 million houses in dubai. they extort from the public

I get your point. However, if that your friend now buys a house in Banana Island and they ask him to explain how he got the money, i am sure he would say he got it from his "savings" abi ?

I personally have lost hope in Nigeria. I still maintain that the most corrupt people in Nigeria are not those we vote for. The most corrupt people in Nigeria who add fertilizer to corruption are the civil servants at all levels including custom officials, The Judiciary , The Police and Millitary and finally Political appointees. These set of people have stolen more money than Abacha would have stolen in 100 life times.

I gave up on Nigeria a long time ago simply because the system is broken. Al Capone wasnt arrested for being a gangster. He was arrested for tax evasion. Can that ever happen in Nigeria ? Ordinary tax returns should be able to nail your friend who extorted cos he has to explain the source of the money.

6 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Ofemmanu1: 11:47am On Jun 29, 2016
The blame game must go. I really need to see PMB on some classified issues. Any idea how i can get to him?!

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Enahi(f): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

i had a friend in the army who was posted to ibadan. during that petrol scarcity they were in charge of all the filling stations and everyone had to pay him to get petrol. on a day at that gas station and gas stations all over ibadan he was making like 10,000 dollars. this whole exercise lasted for 3 months or so. this was a little while back. my nigga went to england and bought a house cash down with the money. he must have made 2 million dollars. point being army boys dont necessarily have to loot to have 1.5 million houses in dubai. they extort from the public

10, 000$ chai you can lie sha even lie Muhammad need to learn from you. You didn't even mention Lagos, Ibadan my ass

10 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 11:52am On Jun 29, 2016
Lyoncrescent:

I get your point. However, if that your friend now buys a house in Banana Island and they ask him to explain how he got the money, i am sure he would say he got it from his "savings" abi ?

I personally have lost hope in Nigeria. I still maintain that the most corrupt people in Nigeria are not those we vote for. The most corrupt people in Nigeria who add fertilizer to corruption are the civil servants at all levels including custom officials, The Judiciary , The Police and Millitary and finally Political appointees. These set of people have stolen more money than Abacha would have stolen in 100 life times.

I gave up on Nigeria a long time ago simply because the system is broken. Al Capone wasnt arrested for being a gangster. He was arrested for tax evasion. Can that ever happen in Nigeria ? Ordinary tax returns should be able to nail your friend who extorted cos he has to explain the source of the money.
yeah it is what it is. naija is hell on earth, but within that hell you can carve out a lil piece of heaven for yourself if YAH is on your side
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by zikray: 11:56am On Jun 29, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Why not unleash the EFCC on him like you've done to others if you are sincere

A fantastically corrupt certificateless fraudster causing our democracy more harm than good with his minions (DAURA, BURATAI, DANBAZZAU, MALAMI & co).

The thunder wey go faya dem still dey do press up.Sips fura da nunu kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by ahckmedkosy(m): 11:56am On Jun 29, 2016
Lt Gen Yusuf Buratai impresses me with his alleged saving culture.
He will be 56years in November 2016! He joined army as NDA cadet in 1981. He became commissioned as 2nd Lt in 1983.
If he had not spent one naira from his legitimate earnings since 1983, assuming he earned N500,000 in a month, in 33 years he would have saved N198m.
That is if he and his wives and children had fasted for 396 months, saving N500,000 monthly, not buying clothes or paying school fees or rents.
And N198m will not buy the property in question in Dubai. That amount will only sink 3 boreholes under former governor of Lagos who allegedly spent N139m only to dig 2 boreholes.
So, President Buhari should please direct his Guinness Book of Records salaries-saver, Lt Gen Buratai to kindly publish his banks saving accounts statements from 1983 to date.
Let the EFCC scrutinize the accounts in public interest.
Or the war against corruption does not affect such personalities?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Doyin2(m): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2016
babosky2008:
if buratai earns, salary +allowances+fringe benefits is 50mill/year since he joined the military in 1981 at age 21 years, and has been in the service for 35years, How many years would it take buratai to save 4.2 billion naira in BURATAI SPECIAL PROPERTY SAVINGS ACCOUNT? NEGLECTING THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF HIS TWO WIVES, COZ THEY ARE FULL TIME HOUSE WIVES and assuming, he has never spent his salary and arrears for the 35years. Applicable is the principles of compound interest using buratai constant K.

The report says that Buratai held shares in the property not as the sole owner.This type of investment is common in Dubai.

BTW the investment was mentioned in his Assets Declaration Form.

Until further investigation proofs otherwise,the fact remains as claimed.Only God knows the truth!

We should not be deliberately mischievous when analysing issues.Your analysis is based on a premise not given in the case study.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by sukkot: 11:58am On Jun 29, 2016
Enahi:

10, 000$ chai you can lie sha even lie Muhammad need to learn from you. You didn't even mention Lagos, Ibadan my ass
trust me, i was there when it happened. I dont need to lie. in fact because this guy had so muchhhhhh naira from this operation he had me contact all my friends in england and what he did was opened an account in england, and if any of those of us in his network want to return to nigeria from england he will tell you not to worry about naira, just go and deposit how much you want to spend in nigeria into his british account and when you get to nigeria he will give you the amount in naira. this is how he laundered all the money to england. he is a very close family friend so this is no ' i hear say ' story. while the rest of us were trying to get out of naija to go abroad, this nigga jejely went to NDA ( nigerian defence academy ). we all thought he was crazy. turns out we were the crazy ones lolzzzz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2016
Yeye government.
What happen to what EFCC have been doing to other army chiefs? This government is shameless and hypocritical!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by TheAlchemist: 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
Expect Buratai's resignation very soon!

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
ginajet:
I am an APC card carrying member... You claim to be a consistent critic. Yet you want me to do opposition job for you. And call me names for not doing so.

If I choose to speak against anything my president and his government does, it is on my terms. Not yours. I am not your advocate. So those jejune tags like "double standards", "sycophants" "hypocrites" you bandy about on my posts actually make me pity you.

If you decide to place expectations of an activist on me even when you know I am partisan, find an appropriate tag for yourself.

Who is pushing you to criticize the government, you are not doing favour to the opposition after all bad governance doesn't affect only the PDP members, your APC ID card is not demanded from you when buying fuel or food stuff.

Yeye.

7 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by landg: 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

Please if Bribery is Not Corruption, What is it?

5 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by 4reala(m): 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
Tolexander:
Seems Lt Gen. Buratai was trying to say Boko Haram boys have succeeded in hacking into the Sahara Reporters' website to publish all the Dubai property procurement against him and his two wives.
and I think he was trying to say in d nxt paragraph dat Journalist and nigerians shld be more concerned abt d war on terrorism dat dey are. Winning dan d small change dey are chopping grin

3 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by ginajet(f): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:

Who is pushing you to criticize the government, you are not doing favour to the oppostion after all bad governance doesn't affect only the PDP members, your APC ID card is not demaded from you when buying fuel or food stuff.

Yeye.
ehya cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by koboko69: 12:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
lwise:
No public office holder or anybody working under the government is allowed to have a foreign account talkless buying properties abroad.

Let's call a spade a spade not a long spoon.

Section what is that in the Constitution? Smh
Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by greatcrown: 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
How much did he invest?
Is he able to justify the source of the fund he invested?
It is not enough that government should say the man is not culpable, they should put all the card on the table for us to know how they arrive at such conclusion.
Moreover, I think the investigation will better be handled by EFCC or is our military trained along that line too?

I don't think so!!!

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by neocortex: 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
I hope SaharaReporters clarify if the claim of Lt. Gen. Buratai is true. Does he own part of the property or hundred percent of it?

SaharaReporters started this quest. They should either end or continue it.

So you want sahara to clear Buratai,
SR has dropped the sensational headlines
they are known for, it is up to Buratai to hand
himself over to EFCC.

6 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by neocortex: 12:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

I know you to be an "anti-corruption" champion,
when did you start helping accused individuals
to explain their crimes ?
I expected Buratai to be cooling off in EFCC cell right now.

3 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by jrusky(m): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
This is it again but I thought APC govt were defending him few days ago, so now it's clear that he owns those properties Please can anyone ask APC govt what else do they have to say

I always love when people use their commonsense in every decision they make in life I think Brutal or Brantal made a silly error as an intelligent officer to know he has served for 35 years and just few months or a year for him to retire why buying property in foreign land and owns a offshore account while still serving under a situation Nigeria is right now, did't he knew he would be digged out So he can't just hang on till he retire from the army before gong on spending jamboree Lack of senses honestly but I think it's nemesis that is at work and more of it will still come on all ex PDP criminals that ruined this country and ran to APC it's a matter of time the law of nemesis will catch you all.

A couple of retired officers are not so happy with him because they were forced to retired under the claimed some of them are corrupt but some of those retired guys knew all his dealings and he Brutal thought he will be left alone, thief fighting thieves pls how would this silliness work Brutal or Brantan Nigeria are wiser now you can't fire anyone for indiscipline and yourself has lots of soiled linens in your hand, bro it can't work.

As a matter of fact because APC led govt came quick to defend him for that reason if at the end he is guilty he should be retire and go the way he sent others packing.

4 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Nellybii: 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I think he is saying that SR are loyal to Boko terrorists

People making noise here are the same people that said Sahara reporters is APC. You guys should never be taken seriously at all. Pathetic!! awww

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by saintkel(m): 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
ginajet:
I am an APC card carrying member... You claim to be a consistent critic. Yet you want me to do opposition job for you. And call me names for not doing so.

If I choose to speak against anything my president and his government does, it is on my terms. Not yours. I am not your advocate. So those jejune tags like "double standards", "sycophants" "hypocrites" you bandy about on my posts actually make me pity you.

If you decide to place expectations of an activist on me even when you know I am partisan, find an appropriate tag for yourself.
all I see is nonsense, u alone decided to be a card carrying member of APC, u alone should bear d consequence of ur action. Stop disturbing us here pls

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by eph12(m): 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2016
I thought this is supposed to be the job of the EFCC or is there a sort of immunity we don't know about?

1 Like

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by passyhansome(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
The way Buhari jumped to his defence got me puzzled and thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Kennydoc(m): 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:

Guy, please lie with regard for your listeners.
He made $2 million in 3 months just by collecting 500 naira from motorists. That's over 600 million naira in 3 months, which is equivalent to about 6.7million naira everyday. If they extort 500 per motorist, that will be well over 13,000 cars per day.
Please how many cars buy fuel in Ibadan on a daily basis?
So your friend alone collected all the money extorted from motorists in the whole city, leaving nothing for all other soldiers, his bosses, the petrol station managements, etc? Guy, lie with ease.

7 Likes

Re: Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate by Firefire(m): 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
babosky2008:

If buratai earns, salary +allowances+fringe benefits is 50mill/year since he joined the military in 1981 at age 21 years, and has been in the service for 35years, How many years would it take buratai to save 4.2 billion naira in BURATAI SPECIAL PROPERTY SAVINGS ACCOUNT? NEGLECTING THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF HIS TWO WIVES, COZ THEY ARE FULL TIME HOUSE WIVES and assuming, he has never spent his salary and arrears for the 35years. Applicable is the principles of compound interest using buratai constant K.

Considering your analysis

If Buratai earn:

N50 Million Naira / Year = Income

1981 - 2016 = 35 Years

50 Million income of Burantai from 1982 - 2016 = N1.7Billion.

The said property was purchased for N4.2 Billion.

This is a clear case of fraudulent activities and using Buratai Constant K + other variables.

Using the equilibrium constant, K (Buratai), to find the concentrations of each component of his income without spending any kobo from it assuming he earn up to N50 Million per annum, it gives a reversible reaction at equilibrium.

Hence, the correlation coefficient is negative, i.e. there is a negative correlation between Buratai 35 years income and his Properties in Dubai, acquired through dubious means.

DHQ must relieve Buratai immediately and EFFC must arrest him thereafter without delay.

"A thief is a thief, Ole is Ole". - GEJ.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate / PDP Chairman In YobevMeets Buhari, Decamps To APC / Boko Haram Currently Attacking Dapchi, Yobe Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.