Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Who Killed Dipo Dina,who Is Preventing Justice On Killers Of Popular AD Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Killed Dipo Dina,who Is Preventing Justice On Killers Of Popular AD Man (1778 Views)

Dipo Anisulowo Debunks Rumour Of His Resignation As Fayose's Chief Of Staff / Dipo Anisulowo Resigns As Fayose's Chief Of Staff / DAWN DG, Dipo Famakinwa, Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Killed Dipo Dina,who Is Preventing Justice On Killers Of Popular AD Man by OgunNewsFact: 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
OgunNewsFact:
Who killed Dipo Dina?
Why the loss of interest by the Government who accused of the murder?

These are questions that has been on the lips of the people of Ogun State since the gruesome murder of the 2007 governorship candidate of the Action Congress (AC) in Ogun State, Otunba Adedipupo Dina, at  Ota, Ogun State.

DD Direct as he was popularly referred to, was killed by unknown assailants who spared the lives of two other persons: His driver, Mr.Tunde Oyediran and a prophetess, Funmi Olagoke, who were in his black Toyota Camry Car with him when the incident happened.

Some years latter in the Magistrate Court of Ogun State holding in Abeokuta under K. M PETERS (JP) on Friday 14th of January 2011, with charge number MA/ 39C /2011 four suspected killers of Dipo Dina were arraigned namely
1. Mathew Asumoh. (M) 32 years
2. Kabiru Amao (32) years
3. Oluwafemi Teslim (30) years
4. Moruff Dauda (32) years

Since the arraignment of the killers in 2011 despite many political conclusions , nothing has been heard on the trial, aside the naming of Ijebu-Ode Stadium after Dipo Dina and the yearly remembrance of the politician.

The question who killed Dipo Dina has now turned who is preventing Justice on the death of D D direct?
Accounts of how the urbane politician was killed vary. While some of his associates are insisting that it was a clear case of assassination, the police, through the Ogun State commissioner believe it was a case of armed robbery.

Sources close to Dina, who believed that it was a case of hired killing, said the gunmen blocked his car, immediately opened the door and told him that they had been paid to kill him. He was told that somebody had paid for his life and that he should cooperate and surrender his life peacefully without struggle. Dina opened the door to get down possibly to fight, but the men just opened fire on him and killed him.

In fact, they wanted to take away his corpse, but he was already on the ground and while trying to carry his corpse, they knew time was running out. So they took his car and the driver and drove away only to drop the driver in Agbara area.

But the police commissioner then, Mr. Musa Daura, said otherwise. Actually, at about 10.30pm, I received a call from the Divisional Crime Officer and Area Commander of the area (Sango-Ota) and the Area Commander narrated to me what happened in the area that somebody was killed.

I have gone to the scene. Though I am not familiar with the terrain, the command has people who know the area and we dropped by the station. At the station, I met the DPO and personally interviewed the deceased's driver and one lady called Funmi who were in the same car, Camry, black. Each spoke individually and not collectively, that they were coming from Lagos and on reaching Winners Chapel, an unknown vehicle having four persons inside double-crossed them and ordered them to come out.

They obliged and then were ordered back inside; some obliged. The deceased raised his leg to move and there was an argument and for failure to comply, the unknown men shot him on the abdomen.

One of the culprits drove off with Funmi and the driver in the deceased's car. They were dropped off somewhere. Then, I proceeded to the scene and was not able to extract any exhibit. I went to the mortuary and saw the deceased's body and sympathized with the family who also came. That is all I know, to the best of my knowledge. There is an element of robbery and element of assassination.

But as the question arises on whether a man of Dina's status would argue with armed robbers, attempt at reinforcing the theory of armed robbery was further made by a vigilance group in the area by describing the area as a black spot.

Addressing a press conference at the palace of the Olota of Ota, Oba Alani Oyede, the group, led by Alhaji Adeyemi Ayetoro, said that the area has been identified as â notorious hide-out for criminals, adding that many innocent Nigerians had been dispossessed of valuables on the road. The group said that it had at different times called the attention of the police to the spot as a hide-out for  hoodlums.
Below are the court documents who never saw the light of the day.

Re: Who Killed Dipo Dina,who Is Preventing Justice On Killers Of Popular AD Man by Baawaa(m): 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
I say Gbenga,if you like you add Daniel grin grin grin
Re: Who Killed Dipo Dina,who Is Preventing Justice On Killers Of Popular AD Man by OgunNewsFact: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
Baawaa:
I say Gbenga,if you like you add Daniel grin grin grin

People like you who write and open their mouth without thinking should be charge to court to serve as detterent to others. Infact, you are lazy withh your brain hence you didn't read the court papers above.
Re: Who Killed Dipo Dina,who Is Preventing Justice On Killers Of Popular AD Man by Baawaa(m): 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
OgunNewsFact:

People like you who write and open their mouth without thinking should be charge to court to serve as detterent to others. Infact, you are lazy withh your brain hence you didn't read the court papers above.
Which court papers Who in Ogun State that doesn't knows Gbenga Daniel as a killer?
Re: Who Killed Dipo Dina,who Is Preventing Justice On Killers Of Popular AD Man by machinery1: 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
Baawaa:

Which court papers Who in Ogun State that doesn't knows Gbenga Daniel as a killer?

Dont mind that paid hack, he is one of those OGD boys they pay to rant on social media. Those in Ogun state knows the killer of DD= The cultist OGD

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Dipo Dina,who Is Preventing Justice On Killers Of Popular AD Man by Baawaa(m): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
machinery1:

Dont mind that paid hack, he is one of those OGD boys they pay to rant on social media. Those in Ogun state knows the killer of DD= The cultist OGD
My brother,God bless you
Re: Who Killed Dipo Dina,who Is Preventing Justice On Killers Of Popular AD Man by fehitoluwa(m): 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
Let me state clearly that events has shown that OGD has no hand in the death of Dipo Dina.

The hoodlums and robbers who killed him was arrested by the police with the support of his excellency Otunba Gbenga Daniel only for the man who succeeded him (Senator Ibikunle Amosun) to release them.

why would he release robbers who had confessed to be the killer's?

why is the incumbent afraid of prosecuting the case?

why did the Governor suddenly loose interest in the case he promised to pursue during his electioneering campaign days.

If intent is to be followed, then, the incumbent have a lot of questions to answer to prove his innocence.

Additionally, the Governor should be courageous enough to prosecute the robbers and let's allow the full cost of the law to fall on the killer's of Dipo Dina

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stop Shielding Your Corrupt Men –governor Tells Buhari / Probe Avengers’ Sponsors, Operatives Exposed By Splinter Faction,Ayiri Tells PMB / Chibok Girls Reveal Those Behind Their Abduction(shocking Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.