Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai (990 Views)

Army To Begin Operation Python Dance III, Others Soon, Says Buratai / Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by TheFreeOne: 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai on Wednesday, said that the involvement of the army in operations to check insurgency, pipeline vandalism, cattle rustling, among others is stretching the force close to its limits. Buratai with troops in the North-East Buratai with troops in the North-East Speaking at the inauguration of the Nigerian Army Resource Centre, in Abuja, Buratai said the need to optimise the capability of the army to meet emerging security challenges could not be overemphasised.

He added that in conjunction with sister agencies, the military would rid the country of “criminal elements operating in the guise of militants, terrorists”.

“The Nigerian Army Resource Centre is a vision that is anchored on the need to ensure that the army does not only participate in the ground battle, but indeed under all terrain to ensure that our adversaries are defeated wherever they are,” he said. “As you are aware, Nigeria faces sundry security challenges, but our main focus has been in counter-insurgency operations in the north-east.

“As you are aware, Nigeria faces sundry security challenges, but our main focus has been in counter-insurgency operations in the north-east.

“The Nigerian army has been involved in operations to check militancy, pipeline vandalism, armed robbery, cattle rustling and inter-ethnic clashes among others. “These myriad of security challenges have stretched us close to our limits.”

The Minister of Defence, Mansur Dan-Ali commended the efforts of the armed forces in containing the security challenges, saying security remained top on the agenda of the current administration. Ali urged them to sustain the tempo in the ongoing campaigns against contemporary threats across the country.

“I want to emphatically state that one of the top priorities of this administration is the enhancement of the armed forces to discharge their duties,” he said.

“We will continue to provide the much needed support to the armed forces of Nigeria to deliver efficient services and to effectively discharge their duties.

“I commend the commitment and zeal of the present leadership of the armed forces in tackling security issues across the country.

“I also appreciate the successes of the Armed Forces of Nigeria in the counter-insurgency operation in the north-east and urge you to sustain the tempo.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/boko-haram-niger-delta-militants-stretching-army-to-limits-says-buratai/
Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by Weblow: 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
good
Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by magmack: 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2016
Looting looter
Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by brownlord: 9:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
Why complain when we have a man who ended Second World War as Commander in chief.

A sensible CInC should know you cant engage in different battle at the same time and not even with the inefficient Nigeria army, his sycophants pushed him with the "New sheriff in town" between Buhari promised to fight from the front line before election but chicken out of Ogoni visit just by a mere threat from a ragtag NDA group. So much for our general

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by TheFreeOne: 9:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
Otondo snake charmer did you forget to add your alleged cyber terrorists

Seriously, will statements like this from COAS not embolden terrorists and others to wreck more havoc on the nation or is Buratai indirectly hinting Buhari on the futility of force on ND militants

Like the saying no nation/army can fight different wars on many fronts successfully.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by id911(m): 9:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
General ‘Savings-for-Dubai’ Burutai, I have a property that is up for sale in Dubai now. The property is worth 10 milion dollars. How much do you have in your new savings account now? I hope it’s more than that amount because I know you are a genius in savings matters

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by SeverusSnape(m): 9:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
So this man is still saying rubbish?

What is that nonsense EFCC waiting for??

Arrest this criminal sharply!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by Nobody: 5:30am On Jun 30, 2016
oo
Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by babyfaceafrica: 6:35am On Jun 30, 2016
That is what you are paid for..stop complaining..get it over with!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by erayo2GCA(m): 6:36am On Jun 30, 2016
Buhari show ur waec cert
Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by Candyrain(m): 6:42am On Jun 30, 2016
SeverusSnape:
So this man is still saying rubbish?

What is that nonsense EFCC waiting for??

Arrest this criminal sharply!

grin grin grin
U dey vex ooo

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 30, 2016
I really don't see what business our army has with operations in the creeks. It's the business of the Navy or better still the Marines. The army isn't trained in such combat. that's why the ND boys would keep scoring victories and prove difficult to Crack
Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 30, 2016
Akawo General,how do I consult you for a tutorial on akawo saving?
Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2016
General is coming out plain. When he attacked Shittes and Unarmed protesters I know he must be thinking no one will defend them. Nigeria soldiers fighting internal wars since 1960
Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 30, 2016
Buratai is my role model.
Re: Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants Stretching Army To Limits, Says Buratai by TheFreeOne: 11:15am On Jun 30, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
Buratai is my role model.

Your role model in the art of miraculous savings for purchase of properties abroad grin

He's got a lot of blood on his hands too (massacre of shittes members), so be careful of what you wish for.

(1) (Reply)

Edo Gov: PDP Factions Submit Separate Names To INEC / #500m MTN Bribery Allegations: Presidency Orders Probe Of Abba Kyari / Nnamdi Kanu Trial - IPOB In Court To Stream Live On Facebook To The World!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.