Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity (31004 Views)

Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 / Ahmed Abdulrahman Helps His Sick Cleaner Who Failed To Show Up At Work / Windscreen Cleaner In Suit Spotted In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by LEXYCOM: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2016
Enemies of progress at work.......the guy needs serious prayer session to deliver hom from the spirit of helpers running from him
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by FakeNEWSevryday: 11:16am On Jun 30, 2016
FakeNEWSevryday:

No organization in Nigeria that will want to help u without the expectation of dividend, they know how Olajumoke story and they want to create their own story perhaps big organization can come have business with him(or with them), but when it seems no one is coming, then they show their true colour
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by iswallker(m): 11:19am On Jun 30, 2016
His supposed helper-the outfit entity that picked him up when his story went viral claimed to have enrolled Abdullahi in the National Open University, but Abdullahi told me it was not a true news. He was neither taught any trade nor given any benefit. In fact, he had to sort himself out for transportation anytime he was to meet the bandwagon of Nigerian helpers.

i feel sorry for abdullahi, but i feel more sorry for the writer of this piece. whatever the motive is, it simply will not fly. its difficult for an old dog to learn new tricks, that is the story of abdullahi. an apartment was rented for him in abeokuta, he changed his mind and said he wasnt staying there. he taught they were going to make him rich overnight. it doesnt happen. the online account claims he is an undergraduate at unilorin, this guy cant make a correct sentence in English.

For the record, news have been flying around vilifying Abdullahi, he was said to run back to windscreen cleaning work as 'HE CANNOT DO ANY OTHER THING'. Posts have gone on instagram and other media, but Abdullahi's version could not be heard as his post to express his side was blocked from Instagram.
javascript:void(0);
i saw his account of events online, so how was it blocked. it certainly is not blocked on this platform... undecided

His helpers had expected that picking him up will mean a boost in their fortune- that some multinational companies would come and their stories will change too, but did Abdullahi assure them of a partnership with Glo or Shell in the first place?

this is the most laughable statement in 2016 so far?! abdullahi cant even assure himself of his next meal, and he would be assuring people who probably have a thriving business of endorsements from multi-nationals... grin

just go and get a life @op and advice abdullahi to stay off the streets because street hawking is illegal and someone lost his life yesterday while trying to escape from law enforcement... i hate to hear stories that touch... wink

2 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by pankere(m): 11:20am On Jun 30, 2016
Helping someone doesn't mean giving him overnight fame and stardom or making him a celebrity or millionaire in a day. Help comes in different ways.
They wanted to take him back to school, make him learn a vocation and employ him. He wanted the Olajumoke kind of help. Conflict of interest ensued. Simple
Don't blame or castigate his former helpers, coming out to help and spend money on someone like that is commendable enough

2 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by trippleKAY(m): 11:22am On Jun 30, 2016
InfomejobsN:
I almost cry now. I always know something was wrong somewhere with the Story of his Helper, but who wants to listen to the version of his own story? nobody want to really help another, unless they derive some advantage of some sought. Life is not truly fare they say, but keep moving Brother, Somewhere, Somehow, at a time God will answer your call

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info
such is life bro
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by YOLO1(m): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2016
Well, I don't have much to say. But Abdullahi's story won't have been like that if he were to be a lady. See how Olajumoke's life was turned around within minutes and everybody wanted to sponsor her. Now come back to the guys, that unilag guy that finished with a 5.0 CGPA only got empty promises from both individuals and cooperate bodies. Now we have Abdullahi again.
What I will just say is to keep the struggle going as guys cos this society we live in is skewed to favour the females
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by bigiyaro(m): 11:37am On Jun 30, 2016
Obinnau:
Oh man, again? Op sometimes wealth doesn't just fly into your waiting hands. Why are you even painting the story like as if to say anybody owes Abdullahi any special favours? The world is full of the struggling and the poor and his case ain't different from that of others. If you really want to help him start by contributing a part of your own earnings to his cause, after all nothing is so small. SMH!
Dats nt wat the op meant, he's jst talking about the hypocrisy of people wanting to exploit the guy's condition for dia own gain, d guy was depending on no one in the first place, he was cleaning windshields to survive, he was not begging anyone.

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by Hidentity(m): 11:39am On Jun 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:

If you could kindly privately send me his contact. My email is ekwuemes@gmail.com

I will do that Sir. Thanks
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by uracocksucker: 11:46am On Jun 30, 2016
YOLO1:
Well, I don't have much to say. But Abdullahi's story won't have been like that if he were to be a lady. See how Olajumoke's life was turned around within minutes and everybody wanted to sponsor her. Now come back to the guys, that unilag guy that finished with a 5.0 CGPA only got empty promises from both individuals and cooperate bodies. Now we have Abdullahi again.
What I will just say is to keep the struggle going as guys cos this society we live in is skewed to favour the females

wow applause for you dumb reverse gender discrimination you must be as uninformed, border line stupid and almost certainly ignant as you sound. HOW ABOUT HIS ATTITUDE!!!! [url]http://www.nigerianeye.com/2016/06/abdulahi-olatoyan-well-dressed.html
[/url] READ and BE INFORMED.

P.S PEOPLE!! i beg of you, if you don't know or happen not to be sure of things, PLS. stop talking
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by Hidentity(m): 11:48am On Jun 30, 2016
iswallker:
His supposed helper-the outfit entity that picked him up when his story went viral claimed to have enrolled Abdullahi in the National Open University, but Abdullahi told me it was not a true news. He was neither taught any trade nor given any benefit. In fact, he had to sort himself out for transportation anytime he was to meet the bandwagon of Nigerian helpers.

i feel sorry for abdullahi, but i feel more sorry for the writer of this piece. whatever the motive is, it simply will not fly. its difficult for an old dog to learn new tricks, that is the story of abdullahi. an apartment was rented for him in abeokuta, he changed his mind and said he wasnt staying there. he taught they were going to make him rich overnight. it doesnt happen. the online account claims he is an undergraduate at unilorin, this guy cant make a correct sentence in English.

For the record, news have been flying around vilifying Abdullahi, he was said to run back to windscreen cleaning work as 'HE CANNOT DO ANY OTHER THING'. Posts have gone on instagram and other media, but Abdullahi's version could not be heard as his post to express his side was blocked from Instagram.
javascript:void(0);
i saw his account of events online, so how was it blocked. it certainly is not blocked on this platform... undecided

His helpers had expected that picking him up will mean a boost in their fortune- that some multinational companies would come and their stories will change too, but did Abdullahi assure them of a partnership with Glo or Shell in the first place?

this is the most laughable statement in 2016 so far?! abdullahi cant even assure himself of his next meal, and he would be assuring people who probably have a thriving business of endorsements from multi-nationals... grin

just go and get a life @op and advice abdullahi to stay off the streets because street hawking is illegal and someone lost his life yesterday while trying to escape from law enforcement... i hate to hear stories that touch... wink

Thanks for reading. It is rare to come across this breed of intelligent post. Very intelligent. Now, you can pass.
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by Hidentity(m): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2016
ABDULLAHI'S ACCOUNT IN HIS OWN WORDS

A good day to everybody I will like to commence by saying that thanks ouch for what you have done for me as in he gave me three clothes and one trouser but he didn't set out to help me with good intention and he hasn't done anything for me so far however it is a shame that we very much had different I dea of the path for my life although he has not offered me a job for two month and one week whenever I needs money I will have to beg my mumy to give me money and therefore he hasn't enrolled me into open university if it is truth let keep to investigation therefore am not in the infant stage of my lifetime and everything is not all rosey the month that I have been with ouch I have had to wait for someone else to give me money to eat money to shuffle around and even wait for other people to give me clothes to put-on how can I call myself a man and look at myself in the mirror when I know that there is something I can do using the two hands that God gave me to keep myself out of hunger I left Abeokuta becouse the training that I was supposed to start was in Lagos and no money to commute it wasn't that I did not want the place it just did not up to the location plans they were put I know there is no such thing in success and fame is not guaranteed so I wanted to make sure my education is super important to me I have read about my fellow people who have had rags or bread to riches stories and I want to make sure that my life stay my own and Mr sink thank you for highlighting the street hustle.

ABDULLAHI is keenly following this. He will be ready to shed light on issues raised and read.

2 Likes

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by Jadekitana2(f): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2016
[quote author=Hidentity post=47054951][/quote]Hmm easy lion.
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 30, 2016
Ok if he didn't choose to wear suit, will anyone look twice undecided
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by Azeeztaophic(m): 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2016
God will send him real helper, and me too.
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by thelastmediator: 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
OP thanks for sharing Abdullahi version of what transpired, it is easier to believe the bigger person just the way some people instantly believes he is an ingrate.

If he is full of pride and want instant riches, he wouldn't be on the road cleaning windscreens, "he who is down fears no fall"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by bejick(m): 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
I hope he was not there when KIA dey raid Maryland Yday which caused riot.
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by oodua1stson: 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
1st off, nobody owes him anything

The only thing in upset about is how he was used and dumped by those pretended to be helpers who are nothing but scavengers
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by Codyt(m): 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
Obinnau:
Oh man, again? Op sometimes wealth doesn't just fly into your waiting hands. Why are you even painting the story like as if to say anybody owes Abdullahi any special favours? The world is full of the struggling and the poor and his case ain't different from that of others. If you really want to help him start by contributing a part of your own earnings to his cause, after all nothing is so small. SMH!
Seriously

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by heywhyc5(m): 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by saints2(f): 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hidentity:
ABDULLAHI OLATOYE: A VICTIM OF OUR LOST HUMANITY

Today, I should be quoted for saying the greatest threat to humanity is the human that seeks to benefit from its working. We are diverse in configuration - good, bad, crooked, cunning, pathetic, sympathetic, and yes, the hybrid of two or more are no exception. They are worse, the goats who disguise like they're sheep!

I left work today with a staunch yearn for a well deserved rest. I didn't expect a diverse drama from the usual: Passengers and conductors trading words, LASTMA illegally doing what is legal, the scramble for bus, having to deal with jumping down from a moving vehicle and the unceasing hooting by the unrepentant Lagos drivers. I remember I had to modify my voice to sound 'street' and crazy just to cajole a conductor to give me my deserved change. I am becoming a part of the system. All of us in Lagos are mad, but the justification for my hypothesis deserves a rare seat for the matter at hand.

The bus I joined was halted by the red demand of the traffic light on the independence bridge, just close to the Maryland mall. Lo and behold, I saw him- suited up, holding a black leather bag as he moved in a gait of resignation to fate from the front of one bus to the other. He was turned down by some while others marvelled at the pride with with he was doing his work. I wasn't sure, but then, he walked towards my vehicle and my doubt was cleared. Abdullahi Olatoye, the windscreen cleaner! For the avoidance of an ineffective chronicle, here is a link to Abdullahi's story and his road to the fame that was a bar in disguise: https://www.nairaland.com/3105671/windscreen-cleaner-suit-spotted-ogun

I alighted, walked to Abdullahi and sought an audience which he granted. 'I thought you were...' I mumbled some words to express my consternation as to why a windscreen cleaner turned model/tailor became a windscreen cleaner again. 'It turned out to be a regret, I wish I had not...' Abdullahi responded and a stare into his eyes gave him out as a victim of our lost humanity. We both walked to a corner as I made enquiries from him. After about 30 minutes, I needed no sorcerer to tell me Abdullahi has had his share of our hypocrisy. The type of promises orphans are acquainted with and the disappointments that are connected.

My piece is not to point fingers, Abdullahi was not ready to cast imputation on the character of anybody or organisation too. I have only come to tell Nigerians and the world: Abdullahi is back to the starting point.

His supposed helper-the outfit entity that picked him up when his story went viral claimed to have enrolled Abdullahi in the National Open University, but Abdullahi told me it was not a true news. He was neither taught any trade nor given any benefit. In fact, he had to sort himself out for transportation anytime he was to meet the bandwagon of Nigerian helpers. For the record, news have been flying around vilifying Abdullahi, he was said to run back to windscreen cleaning work as 'HE CANNOT DO ANY OTHER THING'. Posts have gone on instagram and other media, but Abdullahi's version could not be heard as his post to express his side was blocked from Instagram. He was advised by agents of these 'helpers' to keep mute as saying anything will tarnish his image. Abdullahi did, but his situation makes a deafening noise.

His helpers had expected that picking him up will mean a boost in their fortune- that some multinational companies would come and their stories will change too, but did Abdullahi assure them of a partnership with Glo or Shell in the first place? How many apparitions of men do we have to run from? Crooked keepers of faith and religion? Bosses and relatives with sinister agenda? Neighbours with negative motives? The fury of the wealthy? The anger of the poor? And the gimmicks of the helper? Maybe Abdullahi was different, but I saw a video interview of the unilag guy where he claimed he was not given accommodation as promised and circulated by the humans of this nation.

Abdullahi sought my help in broadcasting his version and I shall feature his unedited account tonight. I shall consult friends on Instagram and twitter to do same. I have his contacts and links for any Nigerian with the heart of a human. Abdullahi Is not looking for overnight success, he Is only asking for an opportunity to compete. Is that too much to ask for? Or his original crime is being born in Nigeria?

Here are the pictures of Abdullahi I took today.

You write so well, your command of English is so articulate, its been a while I have seen someone writes so flawless like this... I want to be your friend..

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by saints2(f): 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
How I wish we have a real journalist or media house like SR to help get to the bottom of this story, I know the Ouch guys are here and they are trying to label the guy as greedy and ungrateful, Abdullaihi too has its own part, where can we get an investigating journalist to take up this story and help get to the bottom of it all? Lets know who is lying and who is saying the truth...
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by Hidentity(m): 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
saints2:

You write so well, your command of English is so articulate, its been a while I have seen someone writes so flawless like this... I want to be your friend..

Thanks brother. I am humbled by your remark.

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by bedfordng(m): 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
mmm
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by maxtop(m): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
RealAdewole:
To me, that guy has some element of greed,pride n a .........
Your oracle must be lying. Don't know how you come into that conclusion when you didn't even know what transpires between him and those who promised to help him.
Diaris God sha
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by mykel25(m): 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2016
Why did he leave ogun state to come n clean windscreen in lag....not even suburb main city....the truth is that he's doing it to get the attention of a helper....waiting for someone that ll change his life overnight...dreamer! maybe he tot d rich pluck money from trees....if he feel the job is enough for him to carter for himself he shd ride on else he shd upgrade

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by Adortem: 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2016
I have even seen the guy in Osogbo before,he keeps changing base,he has now repackaged himself to Lagos,I would not want to judge the fashion outlet cos no one has heard their side of story on why he was dumped by them,the sad truth about life is no one owes anyone in life...I pray God lifts him up to the heights he never expects,it all bores down to time and chance.

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by inthack: 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2016
I love your write up, let's be friends....08160016242, Prince ade
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by femolala001(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
there are conflicting report on this issue. another thread says ge is a dropout of unilorin. www.nairaland.com/3105671/windscreen-cleaner-suit-spotted-ogun
though i saw d guy today in maryland..
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by BlackSeptember: 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hidentity:

Thanks for reading. It is rare to come across this breed of intelligent post. Very intelligent. Now, you can pass.
sorry you want people to buy your Idea and you dump other people own in the trash can.

Abdullahi should stop courting sympathy from the masses. He needs to come out from that his silly attitude of waiting for helpers.

We are all waiting for our helpers.

Thanks iswallker for your piece

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by Kdon2: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
Obinnau:

Demon in human clothing! SMH
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by onatisi(m): 6:23am On Jul 02, 2016
This guy problem is spiritual. He is in spiritual bondage and blindness. He dresses like a corporate man but works like a pauper. He is supposed to be in the corporate world hence the suit he keeps wearing ,the greatness is in him but he cant see himself . He believes what he is doing is his best. There are so many like him all over
Re: Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity by UIA04(f): 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? / 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster / 7 Industries And Career Fields For Comfortable Living In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.