Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

What Are The Different Between Website And Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Are The Different Between Website And Blog (1098 Views)

Difference Between Website And Blog / How To Conduct Basic Keyword Research For Your Website And Blog - 4 Steps / Deference Between Website Design And Website Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Different Between Website And Blog by apogeez(m): 7:24am On Jun 30, 2016
I don't get this website and blog someone post a thread here in nairaland way of turning ur blog to website I was like is not the blog is that website I can't say webmaster please can you give me the different between the both.
Re: What Are The Different Between Website And Blog by youngest85(m): 7:36am On Jun 30, 2016
same
Re: What Are The Different Between Website And Blog by Mediapace: 7:39am On Jun 30, 2016
All Apples are Fruits, But all Fruits are not apples. All Blogs are Websites, But all Websites are not Blogs.

Linkedin Writers also said :
In website :
*Content is static.

*Formal/professional.

*Interactivity does not exist.

*There is only one-way communication.

*Transactional.

*Communication about products and/or services.

*Almost everyone has a website.
In fact, it is almost a requirement in business today.

In Blog :
*Content is regularly updated.

*Not formal.

*Interactive.

*Informative and educational.

*Interactivity about industry/ customer issues.

*Some people have a blog.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Different Between Website And Blog by PulseWeb: 11:59am On Jun 30, 2016
What is a Blog?
A blog is basically a web log that a blogger makes use for chronological listing of blog posts. A blog has the most recent content shown first followed by the previously updated content. A blog can be easily started with services like WordPress, Blogger, etc. and do not need you to start something from the scratch, providing you with the entire system including design templates.

A blog thrives on new content and more updated it is, the more attention it will get. That doesn’t mean tons of scraps will equal gold mine. Quality and regularly updated content are examples of a good blog.

Basic identification of Blogs:

A chronological listing of blog posts.
A commenting system that invites readers to participate in the communication and leave behind comments.
Blog posts are archived by date, category, author, tags and sub-categories.
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds for posts and/or comments for feed-readers like Feedly, etc.

What is a Website?

A website in return can be anything. Anything on the internet presented in HTML/CSS or Java/Javascript/Python/Php, etc. comprises of a website. A webiste may be complimented with a blog, but the home page would be more for browsing other pages and not just posts. Fully functional and eye-catchy websites are usually cost consuming tasks as you would have to build from the base up. However with platforms and services like Adobe Dreamweaver, you could build your own website.

A blog can be a part of a website, in the form of a separate page and linked to the homepage. A website is a bigger aspect and its limitations are little to none. A website could be anything from a single page to a 1 Billion-users social network (Say, Facebook).

Basic identification of a website:

A homepage that displays content from several sections of internal website pages.
A design portfolio of work.
A blog might be a part of a website, but not the only thing.
A Frequently asked questions page that readers can browse to get more information.
A page of client testimonials and feedback.
Company’s terms and privacy statements pages.
A Contact form that allows visitors to get in touch.
A services/products page that displays what they have to offer for the visitors.
Re: What Are The Different Between Website And Blog by NaijaCuzin: 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2016
a blog is where you blog and a site is where you site

1 Like

Re: What Are The Different Between Website And Blog by bedfordng(m): 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
apogeez:
I don't get this website and blog someone post a thread here in nairaland way of turning ur blog to website I was like is not the blog is that website I can't say webmaster please can you give me the different between the both.
all internet domain are called website but the concept differentiate them due to their purpose. A forum is a website, a blog is a website, a social media platform is a website, an ecommerce platform like jumia, konga etc is a website but their concept and purpose makes the difference. In general they are all website but different in concept and purpose
Re: What Are The Different Between Website And Blog by Mcclassic(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
both of You're ryt
Re: What Are The Different Between Website And Blog by mr2kay(m): 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
NaijaCuzin:
a blog is where you blog and a site is where you site
grin you are correct

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers On Nairaland Come In!!! / 0mmo.net Account Group (just 10 Nairalanders) / Please Assist Me In Designing My Personal Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.