Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. (2020 Views)

Living Faith Church Produces Bibles Worldwide (Video) / Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by okwupaul: 11:31am On Jun 30, 2016
It is my candid observation that in the course of doing business and staying in hotels, i continue to notice that i have never seen a single Quran in any of the hotels visited all these while. Can anybody assist in explaining reasons behind these observation.Is it act of omission or a delibrate act. Members please speak.

\\
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by PheezyLee(m): 11:33am On Jun 30, 2016
grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Youngsage: 11:34am On Jun 30, 2016
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Toosure70: 11:36am On Jun 30, 2016
because it is the only way to salvation.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by ForeverYoung197(f): 11:37am On Jun 30, 2016
Simple. Bible is written in English unlike quran that was written in Arabic. In this world how many can read Arabic anyway?
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Adaowerri111: 11:37am On Jun 30, 2016
Because one of the religion defines extremism while the other allows flexibility,

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by cynthia123(f): 11:37am On Jun 30, 2016
Have you checked in the Hotels in Northern Nigeria if the same scenario occurs there?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by 0ubenji(m): 11:38am On Jun 30, 2016
Coz moslems hardly venture into the hotel business...most of these hotel owners are xtians or atheists..
For some reason...moslems hate the hotel idea thingy..

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by isbish(m): 11:39am On Jun 30, 2016
As Muslims, we strongly hold the Qur'an in high esteem and holiness so much so that it is strongly encouraged to be purified especially via ablution before even carrying it. Islam forbids Qur'an being used, portrayed and even read in places that aren't suitable i.e. not holy or pure enough to be exhibited. Hotels are used by many different people and Hotels are especially known to harbour prostitutes. Qur'an can't and should bot be placed in Hotel rooms where men and women engage in fornication, adultery or even when people meet to discuss and do all kinds of evil. However, as a Muslim, you can go along with your Qur'an to the Hotel to read if you so desire, provided you won't be there to fornicate or do any bad and evil activities.

NB - People that need the Qur'an to read can always go the nearest Mosque to get one. Qur'an aren't found in Hotels even in the North because it is not encouraged. Qur'an is for Mankind not Muslims alone. It contains Allah's words in its purest form devoid of any Man's input. Even Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) doesn't have a single input in the Qur'an. Every verse of the Qur'an were revealed to Him i.e. the Prophet based on the condition of the time. If the Prophet was in dilemma, lost as to what to do in taking action or God wants a specific message passed to the people at, HE, God reveals it to the prophet and he in turn transmit or pass the message to mankind. This informs why Muslims call Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) the messenger of Allah.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by 0ubenji(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Because one of the religion defines extremism while the other allows flexibility,
Hian..brother..if JIHAD starts on this thread..I no dey ooOO..
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by madridguy(m): 11:42am On Jun 30, 2016
Both Qur'an and Bible are sacred books and need to be respected. I hope the CAN we address the issue as soon as possible.
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Adaowerri111: 11:44am On Jun 30, 2016
0ubenji:

Hian..brother..if JIHAD starts on this thread..I no dey ooOO..

Na you talk ooo, I never pronounced which is flexible or exhibits extremism

However, check out what the guy above you wrote lol, we actually said the same thing depending on the angle you looking from
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by bigiyaro(m): 11:48am On Jun 30, 2016
Dat is difference between the two religion, the Bible believes in going out to save sinners. The quran believes in exterminating non Muslims. End of story.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2016
ForeverYoung197:
Simple. Bible is written in English unlike quran that was written in Arabic. In this world how many can read Arabic anyway?
korrekt
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 30, 2016
okwupaul:

It is my candid observation that in the course of doing business and staying in hotels, i continue to notice that i have never seen a single Quran in any of the hotels visited all these while. Can anybody assist in explaining reasons behind these observation.Is it act of omission or a delibrate act. Members please speak.

\\
Its Like peugeot 504 and Ferrari... Peugeot is everywhere because it has been commonized and cheapened,while ferrari is exclusive,u dont get them from road side car stands....The Qur'an is a holy book hence its exclusive to muslims. That we dont place our book anyhow anywere means that we respect the sacred wording on that book..Left for me a Hotel is a wrong place to put any religious book cos truth be told no one even reads it,prolly just a glance and u dump it back in the drawer. It still doesnt change the true intention of the customer. Left me me this isnt an arguement as some people wana make it look like,its just different orientation in both religions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by prestige2013: 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
0ubenji:
Coz moslems hardly venture into the hotel business...most of these hotel owners are xtians or atheists..
For some reason...moslems hate the hotel idea thingy..

For your mind....
who drinks most- beer
who womanise most- more than one wife

God help me am not a Saint.
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by mu2sa2: 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
The Quran is a holy book and Muslim regard anything on which a text from the Quran is written as holy itself. You don't expect such a reverred book to be kept in a hotel room where all sorts of bad or things take place. Even the bible you see in hotel rooms are just there, hardly ever read by anybody.
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by mu2sa2: 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
You don't expect such a reverred book to be kept in a hotel room where all sorts of bad or evil things take place. Besides, unscrupulous individuals can resort to desecrating the Quran out of hatred for Islam. Even the bible you see in hotel rooms are just there, hardly ever read by anyone - but you will never see a true Muslim desecrate the bible because it is forbidden to him/her to violate things held sacred by others.
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by profmallory(m): 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
Do you know how many lives have repented just because the word of God was there at the right time when they were about to go deep into sin. God is a holy God, and wants people to turn from their sins. If they don't hear or see the gospel how will they change. its those that frequect hotels for unrighteous acts that need the bible more.

isbish:
As Muslims, we strongly hold the Qur'an in high esteem and holiness so much so that it is strongly encouraged to be purified especially via ablution before even carrying it. Islam forbids Qur'an being used, portrayed and even read in places that aren't suitable i.e. not holy or pure enough to be exhibited. Hotels are used by many different people and Hotels are especially known to harbour prostitutes. Qur'an can't and should bot be placed in Hotel rooms where men and women engage in fornication, adultery or even when people meet to discuss and do all kinds of evil. However, as a Muslim, you can go along with your Qur'an to the Hotel to read if you so desire, provided you won't be there to fornicate or do any bad and evil activities.

NB - People that need the Qur'an to read can always go the nearest Mosque to get one. Qur'an aren't found in Hotels even in the North because it is not encouraged. Qur'an is for Mankind not Muslims alone. It contains Allah's words in its purest form devoid of any Man's input. Even Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) doesn't have a single input in the Qur'an. Every verse of the Qur'an were revealed to Him i.e. the Prophet based on the condition of the time. If the Prophet was in dilemma, lost as to what to do in taking action or God wants a specific message passed to the people at, HE, God reveals it to the prophet and he in turn transmit or pass the message to mankind. This informs why Muslims call Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) the messenger of Allah.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by ForeverYoung197(f): 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2016
Justdulla:

korrekt

Lol. I know Ur Muslim. grin sowwi.
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by hopefulLandlord: 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
because people could be killed for not handling the Koran properly
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by jcross19: 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
Some people are claiming one is holy , expensive and while other is not!!!!! Jesus said it by himself that he did not come for the saints for the sinners. Now this issue of koran been holy is just superstition period nothing is sacred or holy about koran, I read it the way I like so I don't see anything so special about that written by a man that am more intelligent and better than. God is with you anytime and any day so why would his word be scarce to read.
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by 0ubenji(m): 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
prestige2013:

For your mind.... who drinks most- beer who womanise most- more than one wife

God help me am not a Saint.
Bro..u r missin d point.. I am neither a muslim nor ready to judge their vices.. All u claimed bou dem cud be true obviously..
Dat doesn't change d fact in my comment prior to ur quotin me.. U may call dem hypocrites if u wish.. But moslems religiously detest d idea of hotels..
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by hopefulLandlord: 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
all religion is a sham
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
I've lodged at a Hotel in Nassarawa and many in Abuja. I didn't see no Qur'an.
cynthia123:
Have you checked in the Hotels in Northern Nigeria if the same scenario occurs there?
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
It is not OK to place the Quran in hotels but is okay to rape, abduct and marry under aged kids.
isbish:

Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Presbulg(m): 12:06am On Jul 01, 2016
Millerz:
It is not OK to place the Quran in hotels but is okay to rape, abduct and marry under aged kids.

Please can you show a just a single verse in the Quran that commands people to marry under aged kids.

P.S Culture and religion are two completely different things.
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 01, 2016
Did the pedophile Mohammed who Muslims are commanded to be like not marry a 6 year old, and raped her when she was 9? Did Mohammed also not suck the joystick of a 10 year old boy? Isnt Mohammed the "supposed" best of mankind worthy of emulation according to Muslims?
Presbulg:

Please can you show a just a single verse in the Quran that commands people to marry under aged kids.

P.S Culture and religion are two completely different things.
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Presbulg(m): 9:08am On Jul 01, 2016
Millerz:
Did the pedophile Mohammed who Muslims are commanded to be like not marry a 6 year old, and raped her when she was 9? Did Mohammed also not suck the joystick of a 10 year old boy? Isnt Mohammed the "supposed" best of mankind worthy of emulation according to Muslims?

See, you're just blabbing on and on like a little ignorant kid. I asked you proof about all those things you alleged up there but you haven't.

So I'll ask one more time, please show me a single verse where it says 'marry under aged kids'.
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by theEYe21(f): 9:26am On Jul 01, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 01, 2016
Are you plain dumb? If Mohammed who Muslims were asked to emulate could marry a 6year old, then who are Muslims to oppose such? The sharia law which allows Muslims marry underaged kids was made by who? or do you not know that underage marriages are done in almost every Islamic country?

keep deceiving people with taquiya.
Presbulg:

See, you're just blabbing on and on like a little ignorant kid. I asked you proof about all those things you alleged up there but you haven't.

So I'll ask one more time, please show me a single verse where it says 'marry under aged kids'.
Re: What Are The Reasons Behind Seeing Bibles In The Hotels And No Quran. by Presbulg(m): 11:50am On Jul 01, 2016
Millerz:
Are you plain dumb? If Mohammed who Muslims were asked to emulate could marry a 6year old, then who are Muslims to oppose such? The sharia law which allows Muslims marry underaged kids was made by who? or do you not know that underage marriages are done in almost every Islamic country?

keep deceiving people with taquiya.

The Holy Quran tells Muslims:
1. "You will certainly hear much
abuse from the followers of
previous books and from the
idol-worshipping people. And if
you are patient and keep your
duty -- this is surely a matter of
great resolution." (3:185)
2."Many of the followers of
previous books wish that they
could turn you back into
disbelievers after you have
believed, but you should
pardon and forgive." (2:109)
In connection with these verses,
it is recorded in the Hadith
collection Bukhari:
"The Messenger of Allah and
his Companions used to
forgive the idolators and the
followers of previous books,
as Allah had commanded
them, and they used to show
patience on hearing hurtful
words. "
Book: Commentary on the
Quran, ch. 16 under Sura 3.
Addressing the Holy Prophet,
God says in the Quran:
1. "Bear patiently what they
say." (20:130 and 50:39)
2. "Obey not the disbelievers
and the hypocrites, and
disregard their hurtful
talk. " (33:48)
In all the verses quoted above,
Muslims are taught to bear their
feelings of hurt and anger with
patience, and to ignore the
abuse.
Another verse having some
bearing on this subject is as
follows:
"And if you invite them to
guidance, they hear not; and
thou seest them looking
towards thee, yet they see
not. Hold fast to forgiveness
and enjoin goodness and turn
away from the
ignorant. " (7:198-199)
This directs us that when we
have to deal with people who are
blindly prejudiced and ignorant,
and therefore fail to understand
the guidance, we must not give
vent to anger, fury and violence
against them. We should treat
them with forgiveness, do our
duty of enjoining simple
goodness, and then turn away
from them, leaving the matter in
the hands of Allah

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus, God,/ Allah Explained. See Where We Differ / Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. / Tinubu's Victory And The Accuracy Of Apostle Iginla's Prophecy (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.