Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr (919 Views)

GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism / Abrahamism Or Celebration Of Barbaric Savagery / Are We A Bunch Of Religious Hypocrites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr by oreshade(m): 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2009
THOUGHTS OF RELIGIOUS CURIOSITY: THE ABRAHAMISM SOJOURN-A QUEST FOR TRUTH AND TRUE PEACE

In the realm of theology one thing amazes me and that is the fact that amongst the billions of people on earth whom share themselves into over hundreds of religions, Christianity, Islam and Judaism seems to have the most similarities.

These trio believe in Hell, Paradise, Judgement day, Angels, Destiny and even the same prophets starting from Adam, Moses to Jesus; though he is believed to be God in some part of the christiandom.

These religions further amazes when I read through them and I see the same stories like the story of Adam and Eve, the story of David and Goliath, the story of Moses and Pharaoh, the story of Jesus and his Disciples and the story of Creation in days by God.

Then the one basic question rings in my head as though it has a life of its own and that is: If these religions truly have these meeting points doesn't that mean in a way that they are ONE and that the connections probably broke at some points in history?, mmm, for God's sake they all talk about Jesus, infact a part or all of the Judaist's scripture is a part of the Christian's Scripture and all of both the Christian's and the Judaist's scripture occupies some parts of Islam's Holy Qur'an.

Then what or where is the connection? Where is the lost-link of these great religions? Where in these books are these connections hidden? Within its inherent beliefs or without? Where or how can I unfold its mysteries?

Abraham (Ibrahim) is said to be the father of faiths by these three religions. He gave birth to Ishmael (Isma'il) and Isaac (Ishaq) and prayed that God bless and make his progeny great leaders of men.

Moses and Jesus have their ancestral father to be Isaac whom was also known as Israel while Muhammed's ancestral father was Ishmael (Ismail).

The story as I like to construe it knowing fully well that it is the truth is that when Moses was sent to rescue the children of Israel of which he did, he eventually had a problem as to how to make the Israelites believe in his message, with time the Israelites tested his patience and when he could not take it any longer 'he broke the Tablet'.

Moses died according to Deutoronomy at the age of 120 in the land of Moab whilst the Israelites wept for 30 days and 30 nights, without finishing his mission, but he told them not to despair that he was going to send the Messiah to them soon to complete his mission. Though there is a question as to whether Moses, the supposed author of Deutoronomy, could have validly talked about or written about his death as though he was at his funeral even though he wasn't there for he was already buried at the time, that question remains unanswered, but then that is not the subject of debate in this piece.

So when Jesus came around it was as though he was working according to an already laid ideology. They asked him if he was the expected Messiah repeatedly and they sometimes sarcastically enjoined him to follow the Laws of Moses if he was truly the Messiah.

In the famous story of Jesus and the prostitute the Israelites wanted to stone to death, Jesus told them not to stone her but they told him it was one of the Laws of Moses to stone prostitutes to death, he then said whoever is not guilty of her crime should cast the first stone, they sadly and reluctantly dropped their stones whilst asking if he has come to abolish or uphold the Laws of Moses, he told them he hasn't come to abolish the Laws of Moses but to complete them, as exactly prescribed by Moses.

But the Israelite were drowned in their hatred for him so much so that they allegedly crucified him. Infact they had been that jealous of him from his birth when they maliciously alleged that there was nothing miraculous about Mary's pregnancy for she was a prostitute. When Jesus was born the first miracle he did was to talk in the cradle to the Israelites that Mary wasn't a prostitute afterall, that it was a miracle by God. The Jews saw this display and concluded that she is not only a prostitute but she has been able to possess her child with sorcery.

So with utmost hegemony and pride the followers of Moses now known as Judaist did not follow and accept Jesus whose stay on earth was also short lived. Jesus promised his disciples that he was going to send to them a comforter whom shall be the spirit of truth, he shall say the truth in the name of the Lord and shall complete the mission. The 'Gospel of Barnabas' which was removed from the Books of the Bible some years After the Death of Jesus (AD) confirms the fact that Jesus said his name will be 'Ahmad' and then the disciples bowed and Jesus rose into the heavens before their very eyes. It should be noted that Aramaic and Arabic are not only sister languages but were founded by brothers of a divine father.

The christ followers now known as Christians then started the search for the divine one amongst themselves but lo and behold as God has promised Abraham (Ibrahim) that He was going to make his children leaders of men, He brought the next prophet from the grand children of Ishmael (Ismai'l), Abraham's son.

Muhammed as he is known had a hard time with his people because they couldn't cope with his proclamation of one God when they had over 300 gods. The Arabians tortured so well the early believers in the prophet's dictates that they had to flee to Abysina, present day Ethopia in Africa, where they sought temporary refuge from various mishaps like tying the hands and legs to four different horses and making them stretch to tear the followers of Muhammad or the thrusting of red baked rods or spears into the heart of an adherent follower of the Prophet.

It was later that Yathrib present day Medinah in Saudi Arabia, the home of Jews and Christians, granted the prophet and his followers asylum because they had this little conviction that he was the next prophet, a conviction that made most of the Christians and Jews then become Muslims later on as they heard intensely the message of the prophet, a coviction that made them welcome a stranger to their mist with drums on their hands and songs from their mouth, a conviction that made them sign treaties of mutual habitation and a conviction that ascertained the fact that he was the final one that has been sent to complete the mission.

Muhammad confirmed the Laws of Moses and the scriptures of the Christians and made it known that they were all sent for this main cause, the message of Islam. Some Judaists and Christians believed him then and some didn't believe him partially due to the then egocentric thought that if God was to bring a prophet at all it was suppose to be amongst the Israelites, sons of Isaac and not of the progeny of Ishmael, the second son of the Abraham.

So now we have Judaism, Christianity and Islam respectively,each one of them promising paradise and condemning other faiths whilst considering them to be inmates of Hell, each one promising us death and Judgement day unlike other un-Abrahamic religions, each one telling us the same nature of God.

Which one to follow now beholds, the first and second which promised better successors or the one that confirmed all the history, thoughts and jurisprudence of its predecessors? It blurs man's thoughts and curiosity the path to thread for each belief has its strings that holds down its adherent, whether miracles, spiritual satisfaction or just belief. Each of these beliefs though mutually the same in matters of intrinsic form has been able to convince its followers to expect a better tomorrow, a yearn every man craves for.

Which path do we thread is the ultimate question, for if we 'assume' that amongst these trio is the real religion, then that means Hell and paradise exists, Hell?, if truly it exists and it is made of fierce fire which will be kindled with man and stones then I think am afraid and it beckons on me to search for the true religion amongst these trio not taking into consideration the other hundreds laying philosophically aloof.

Which one? I ask, like a comely child in cuddling care of cradle at her mother's arms crying with tears flowing off her red soft silky cheeks?

Which one?
Re: Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr by Krayola2(m): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2009
Judaism does not believe in hell.

Judaism does not believe in Heaven as a destination for man.

Judaism does not believe in eternal life. Only God is eternal in their belief system.

Judaism is concerned with life on earth.

A lot of ideas and in Christianity came under Greek and Roman influence, and are foreign to Jewish culture. Hence the rejection by Jews. Jews rejected Christianity, not Jesus. Jesus's followers were Jewish people. It was claims, after his death, that he was God, that Jews rejected.

The Biblical stories about the death of Jesus and what caused it etc are not accurate accounts of events but stories that were written later later. If all ur research is based only on what is contained in these "holy books", u don miss road, big time!
Re: Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2009
Krayola2:

Judaism does not believe in hell.

Judaism does not believe in Heaven as a destination for man.

Judaism does not believe in eternal life. Only God is eternal in their belief system.

Judaism is concerned with life on earth.

A lot of ideas and in Christianity came under Greek and Roman influence, and are foreign to Jewish culture. Hence the rejection by Jews. Jews rejected Christianity, not Jesus. Jesus's followers were Jewish people. It was claims, after his death, that he was God, that Jews rejected.

The Biblical stories about the death of Jesus and what caused it etc are not accurate accounts of events but stories that were written later later. If all your research is based only on what is contained in these "holy books", u don miss road, big time!

this is so untrue its unreal. grin

what utter stupidity.

Just look at the second claim i highlighted for an example - It was claims, after his death, that he was God, that Jews rejected - But werent these the same Jews who wanted to stone Christ for calling Himself God WELL BEFORE HIS DEATH?
Re: Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr by Krayola2(m): 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2009
Why call me stupid because u don't agree with me?

Those stories were written much later and are not real events. A lot of anti-Jewish sentiment in the bible are the authors imposing the socio-political realities of their own time unto the time of Jesus. Jesus did not claim to be God. Those stories in your Bible about him doing so were made up. Jesus and Christianity are 2 different things. Christianity is one big lie.  wink

Your father is a baboon, and your mother, the one that gave birth to you, loves sex with wild animals. I'm sure she will soon catch rabies!!
Re: Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2009
Krayola2:

Why call me stupid because u don't agree with me?

Those stories were written much later and are not real events. A lot of anti-Jewish sentiment in the bible are the authors imposing the socio-political realities of their own time unto the time of Jesus. Jesus did not claim to be God. Those stories in your Bible about him doing so were made up. Jesus and Christianity are 2 different things. Christianity is one big lie.  wink

Your father is a baboon, and your mother, the one that gave birth to you, loves sex with wild animals. I'm sure she will soon catch rabies!!

blah blah blah . . .

I didnt call you stupid because i dont agree with you, i called you (and i believe it is deserved) stupid because you seem to be intellectually incapable of verifying the veracity of your own claims before posting them.

To say that the jews rejected christianity not Jesus Christ is just baffling in its absurdity. I mean you couldnt make that up even if you were drunk.
Re: Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr by Krayola2(m): 12:14am On Sep 06, 2009
Yes, BOSS! grin
Re: Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr by oreshade(m): 4:16am On Sep 06, 2009
@ your first post Krayola2

, but that does not exclude the fact that some Jews considered Jesus to be the Messiah, and they further enjoined that he follows the Laws of Moses,

@ Davidylan
, very thoughtful I'd say, and seriously my thought posted here truly and really baffles me, I no won enter hell becos of one crazy hegemony, egocentrism, pride or misinformation, I tire o,
Re: Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr by oreshade(m): 4:21am On Sep 06, 2009
@ Krayala2
, even if what you say is true though it isn't that does not in anyway negate the aforementioned similarities you know?, I think my thought beholds, peace,
Re: Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr by oreshade(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2009
Re: Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr by DeepSight(m): 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2009
@ Krayola, don't worry, the (so-called) christian, Davvidylan, is always ready to brandish childish insults once a person disagrees with him. A staggering absence of maturity, i'd say, although i must also criticize your heavy-handed response regarding his parents: that was certainly unnecessary.

@ Topic; You are spot on. The truth is that these religions have so much in common that it is amazing that people can be so divided over them.

The division, to my mind, concerns Jesus of Nazareth, and the deluded claims that he must be God. Barring this, and barring the equally ridiculous claims about salvation through his crucifixion, all the religions are one religion only.
Re: Thoughts Of Religious Curiosity: The Abrahamism Sojourn-a Quest For Truth And Tr by Tudor6(f): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2009
Well its safe to say that the stud father Abraham is the root cause of most of our problems today. If by any chance you invent a time machine, go back and castrate him. . . .we might have a peaceful and better world today.

(1) (Reply)

Repent And Recieve Jesus To Avoid Hell / What Is Truth ? / God Warns Of Judgement Against Dividing The Land Of Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.