Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help (721 Views)

How Can I Configure My New Phone!!! Help Please / I Have 55k Budget To By Phone. Help Me To Chose / I Cannot Find My Installed Apps On My Android Phone. HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
I am tired of several ads on my fone that come up spontaneously. The annoying part is that some of Them are 18+ rated and i was almost embarssed in the class. These ads consume my data alot, they make my fone to hang and interrupt me while chatting, browsing and at times when I am on a call. I have wiped my fone twice (thru restore factory setting) yet the ads r still persitent. I also installed OPERA MAX : It did nt change anything.
If u have experienced sth similar in past and u tried sth and it worked, pls feel free to put me through. If you have an idea of how to remove the ads pls feel free to comment below.
Thanks!
Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by abdeiz(m): 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
Whenever you switch on your data go to data usage and restrict the app that you don't recognize from accessing your data in the background.
Secondly goto app and uninstall, disable, force stop (which ever one fits) app that you didn't install
I had that problem too.

1 Like

Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by Mafia4life(m): 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
You are infected with a virus that bomb ads. Your phone is fetching loads of cash for the developer of the virus. Do complete flash

1 Like

Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by HooxJnr(m): 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
I am experiencing the same problem.The above points listed worked for me. Thanks
Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 01, 2016
HooxJnr:
I am experiencing the same problem.The above points listed worked for me. Thanks
i tried d above but it did not work
Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by Youngpo413: 1:56am On Jul 01, 2016
Sulemanmathew:
Download stubborn Trojan killer from playstore, scan your device then thank me later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by HooxJnr(m): 6:37am On Jul 01, 2016
Sulemanmathew:

Just follow abdeiz instruction carefully and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by johnshagb(m): 7:34am On Jul 01, 2016
A friend once had same problem. Flashing the phone didn't help like you rightly said.
I solved the issue by flashing a custom ROM for her. Check online for suitable ROM for your phone and how to flash it.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by Pheeknow: 10:44am On Jul 01, 2016
Will rooting it help?
abdeiz:
Whenever you switch on your data go to data usage and restrict the app that you don't recognize from accessing your data in the background.
Secondly goto app and uninstall, disable, force stop (which ever one fits) app that you didn't install
I had that problem too.
Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by abdeiz(m): 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
Pheeknow:
Will rooting it help?
Rooting gives root access to apps, if malicious apps have that kind of access what do you think?
If disabling the app or restricting the data doesn't help, you'd have to install a stock or custom ROM on your device. Delicate but simple process if you know what you're doing.
Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
HooxJnr:

Just follow abdeiz instruction carefully and you are good to go.
thank u boss
Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by olanie(m): 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
Get AdAway, that's your way out of unsolicited adverts.

Google that name, get the apk file , follow the instruction and install.

1 Like

Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 02, 2016
Youngpo413:
Download stubborn Trojan killer from playstore, scan your device then thank me later.
thank you so much... It really worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch!
Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 02, 2016
I would like to thank everyone who made comment(s) to my post. The unecessary ads are gone for good.
Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by Youngpo413: 6:46am On Jul 02, 2016
Sulemanmathew:
thank you so much... It really worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch!
Glad I could help.

1 Like

Re: Uneccessary Adverts On My Phone : Help by d33types: 8:06am On Jul 02, 2016
You need an adblocker (I recommend adaway )
ads are a means of revenue generation for Google hence they don't allow adblockers on play store.

another caveat is that adblockers use root access thus your phone must be rooted.

if you aren't comfortable with giving root access to the adblocker, you might manually edit your host file with just a text editor, without any app..all ads will stop permanently.

(1) (Reply)

How To Enter Download Mode On Samsung Devices / Cool And Hidden Features Of Android Phones / Samsung Galaxy Note 7 The Smartbomb..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.