Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Post UTME: See The Message Of A Candidate To JAMB, Federal Government, Vcs. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post UTME: See The Message Of A Candidate To JAMB, Federal Government, Vcs. (1551 Views)

SOS Appeal To JAMB As A Centre In Ikorodu Shuts Down Systems Before Time(video) / ASUU Rejects FG's Scrapping Of Post-UTME (See Why) / Buhari Approved The Appointment Of New Vcs For The 12 Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post UTME: See The Message Of A Candidate To JAMB, Federal Government, Vcs. by Hardeysolution(m): 12:13am On Jul 01, 2016
The issue of scrapping post utme has ofcourse and undoubtedly caused confusion in the mind of many aspirants this year as there are hitches surrounding the issue.

I will fault the FG's approach towards the it as there was no proper consultation before making such directive. The minister should understand that procedure in place for 12 years can not be scrapped in just a day. This controversy is the result of the minister's careless and mindless decision.

I am not saying post UTME should continue or be stopped but why was the issue not raised before the UTME. Maybe you don't know that some are still underscored and JAMB hasn't planned the make up exam till now. Such candidates hope to make up with post UTME but with this process, i doubt if some with 200 will even get into a polytechnic. JAMB should attain that level everyone will have trust in the body before assuming to be 'upright'. Since June 2, JAMB has not done anything or said anything in admission process. That means JAMB may not be too competent to handle the admission process of the large number of Nigerian Institutions.

The schools should as well put in place every measures to ensure that students are admitted on merit and qualification. It is now the issue of knowing someone before getting admitted. Why should a person with 250 and 78 percent in UTME and Post UTME respectively not be admitted while 195 with 72 percent was admitted. That is the issue the schools should look into. The price can as well be 'scary'. #7500 is too much for the exam. The FG should have given a maximum price or general price for the examination.

Students going to universities know that it's not a child's play so should be ready to take many examinations as possible. If a candidate could write the WAEC NOV/DEC, NECO nov/dec, WAEC may/june, NECO june/july, UTME, then such candidate should not be afraid to face post UTME. Candidates should be ready to face many examinations.

In summary, I request that the FG should put a stop to the confusion by allowing the post utme continue, giving conditions for it's continuation and give a platform for complaints by candidates. This will surely solve the problem.
Re: Post UTME: See The Message Of A Candidate To JAMB, Federal Government, Vcs. by druxy(m): 3:34am On Jul 01, 2016
not this same Nigeria..I agree with u sha op
Re: Post UTME: See The Message Of A Candidate To JAMB, Federal Government, Vcs. by Dunsin89(m): 3:40am On Jul 01, 2016
Well said, even if the federal government wants to scrap post-UTME, it shouldn't be this year that a lot of irregularities, wrong marking system, inverse marks etc was the fate of most candidates. Though post-UTME may have it own lapses, but I must state clearly that the university of Ibadan, University of Benin, University of Lagos, Ahmadu Bello university, Obafemi Awolowo University and some few others have made progresses in conducting credulous post-UTME at little cost and it has been fairly good enough in getting the desired filterates into the University.
Post-UTME can only be cancelled/scrapped if JAMB conducts credible examinations and not the one experienced in this year's own

2 Likes

Re: Post UTME: See The Message Of A Candidate To JAMB, Federal Government, Vcs. by omoosun39(m): 7:19am On Jul 01, 2016
I think post jamb sud be scrapping off now, because students hv passed tru some many tests before, i tink d use of oral screening sud be involve
Re: Post UTME: See The Message Of A Candidate To JAMB, Federal Government, Vcs. by druxy(m): 10:47am On Jul 01, 2016
omoosun39:
I think post jamb sud be scrapping off now, because students hv passed tru some many tests before, i tink d use of oral screening sud be involve
how many tests?which n which??
Do you know what it is to face strange lecturers/professors and be asked questions in which you have to impress them within few minutes??
Re: Post UTME: See The Message Of A Candidate To JAMB, Federal Government, Vcs. by FuckTheMods: 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
druxy:
how many tests?which n which??
Do you know what it is to face strange lecturers/professors and be asked questions in which you have to impress them within few minutes??
and you might even know the questions but fear were go catch you eh. You fit shake o when you stand before those experienced professors, their influence alone is a big quagmire
Re: Post UTME: See The Message Of A Candidate To JAMB, Federal Government, Vcs. by FuckTheMods: 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dunsin89:
Well said, even if the federal government wants to scrap post-UTME, it shouldn't be this year that a lot of irregularities, wrong marking system, inverse marks etc was the fate of most candidates. Though post-UTME may have it own lapses, but I must state clearly that the university of Ibadan, University of Benin, University of Lagos, Ahmadu Bello university, Obafemi Awolowo University and some few others have made progresses in conducting credulous post-UTME at little cost and it has been fairly good enough in getting the desired filterates into the University.
Post-UTME can only be cancelled/scrapped if JAMB conducts credible examinations and not the one experienced in this year's own
we all agree with you on this issue. No need for debate.
Re: Post UTME: See The Message Of A Candidate To JAMB, Federal Government, Vcs. by Hardeysolution(m): 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Let the message go on.......
Lalasticlala Omaj4 Seun
Re: Post UTME: See The Message Of A Candidate To JAMB, Federal Government, Vcs. by Thobiy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
omoosun39:

(1) (Reply)

Banking Scams You Need To Know As A Customer / Finally The Nasu Strike Is Coming To An End / I Lost My School Fees Originally Receipt, How Can I Get Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.