Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

MTN Introduces "DND" Do Not Disturb - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Introduces "DND" Do Not Disturb (12734 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) / Do-not-disturb SMS From MTN (at Last) / MTN Introduces Cheaper Data Bundles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MTN Introduces "DND" Do Not Disturb by abinfun: 8:52am On Jul 01, 2016
BYE BYE TO THOSE DISTURBING TEXT MESSAGES...

Y’ello All,
Please  be informed that the NCC has mandated all operators in Nigeria to introduce a Do-Not-Disturb (DND) service to all customers, effective from tomorrow July 1, 2016.

The DND service will allow MyCustomer® to choose their preference with respect to receiving broadcasted promotional messages on the network.

Below are the key highlights:

1.  DND scope is limited to 3rd party services, and not MTN services

2.Two DND modes will exist

a. Fully Blocked mode: Allows customers to Opt Out totally from receiving promotional messages broadcast via SMS and IVR.

b. Partially Blocked mode: Allows customers to filter service categories for promotional messages they wish to receive.

3. Customers will need to activate the DND service by opting via SMS (texting STOP to 2442)

or

via the DND portal: (https://donotdisturb.mtnonline.com:8081/vasportal)

4. To view all available DND options, a customer can text HELP to 2442 or visit the DND portal

5.    Activation/De-activation of the service is FREE

1 Like

Re: MTN Introduces "DND" Do Not Disturb by Enddystar(m): 12:33am On Jul 18, 2016
The Do Not Disturb feature would have been very nice if MTN can allow subscribers filter their own message as well not restricting to bulk SMS & VAS promos only. There are so many things we don't know about this DND stuff yet, wanna know? Visit http://bulksmsplus.com/index.php/9-latest-news/14-do-not-disturb-the-implications-advantages-and-disadvantages

Re: MTN Introduces "DND" Do Not Disturb by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:02am On Jul 28, 2016
Mine was enabled without me even manually activating it o. I discovered when I noticed I no longer receive OTPs, voguepay transaction sms etc. I have disabled it though...

See : how to deactivate MTN DND

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Download (maxibrainz) (5go) 5 In 1 2go [star Booster] / My Xiaomi Phone Allows Me Operate 2 Phones In One / Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.