Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half (7016 Views)

Transberg : Transport Company Stocks. / Nigerian Stocks Gain Most In The World Even As Liquidity Remain Low / New Forex Policy: Stock Market Records Best Global Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by realjoker(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2016
Nigerian investors recorded capital gains of N314 billion in the first half of this year, indicating a modest average return of 3.34 per cent over the six-month period.
Riding on the back of sustained gains in May and June, the stock market erased the losses in the previous four months and left the investors with some N314 billion in capital gains.
A six-month analysis of the first half showed that the market benefited from the newly introduced market determined foreign rate policy which was a boot to investor confidence.
The main value-based indices at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) showed modest performance. Aggregate market value of all quoted equities closed the first half at a high of N10.165 trillion as against its 2015 opening value of N9.851 trillion.
https://www.today.ng/business/146029/stocks-market-records-n314bn-gain-half

1 Like

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by SeverusSnape(m): 11:44am On Jul 01, 2016
I hope it continues that way.
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by Tbillz(m): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
goodnews for the selected few, while the majority await better days. IN ORDA NEWS TGIF
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by Umarlulu: 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
Wow money good I hope we all enjoys ours soon.
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by VIPERVENOM(m): 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:
We hope so too............. but is that all u can say? if reverse was the case you would have filled half of page one with ur wailing and insults on buhari

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by cardoctor(m): 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
And they are saying that there's no money. Ok
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by PassingShot(m): 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
Good news. May it be sustained.

SeverusSnape:
Surprised you didn't shout "lie", "propaganda", "GEJ's work", "only zombies will believe this news" and other gibberish you usually say.

Seems your brain has undergone temporary re-set. Let's hope it stays so for a day or so; because i'm sure it's temporary.

16 Likes

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by Dannyset(m): 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:
It can only get better Bro. Wailers have no choice.

5 Likes

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by osec007(m): 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
Why won't they have gain when everything is now doubled in price,everything except minimum wage.
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
waw Buhari is working
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by SeverusSnape(m): 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dannyset:

It can only get better Bro. Wailers have no choice.
I'm a wailer, not a zombie.

5 Likes

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by SeverusSnape(m): 2:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
PassingShot:
Is that all you have to type??... Please modify and type the usual sycophantic and praise singing sermon.

2 Likes

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by Zico5(m): 2:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
God bless Mr Buhari. Righteousness exalt the nation, if things can continue to improve like this I must say the next 2 years shall be great. Let's wailers continue to wail, no one care. There is no free money again for the next 50 years. If u are pained, go and hug transformer.

5 Likes

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by SAMBATLAN(m): 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
good
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by SeverusSnape(m): 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
PassingShot:

Surprised you didn't shout "lie", "propaganda", "GEJ's work", "only zombies will believe this news" and other gibberish you usually say.

Seems your brain has undergone temporary re-set. Let's hope it stays so for a day or so; because i'm sure it's temporary.
... That's because it's coming from a reliable and credible source. You should know.

1 Like

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by dollaflow(m): 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
hmmm
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by tonio2wo: 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
Its a good thing to investors only. Some fools are already praising the dullard thinking its a good thing to the general mass. Lubbish.

1 Like

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by SeverusSnape(m): 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
VIPERVENOM:
We hope so too............. but is that all u can say? if reverse was the case you would have filled half of page one with ur wailing and insults on buhari
That's because he's the cause of the economic quagmire we're passing through now. Hope you get?

3 Likes

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by VIPERVENOM(m): 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

That's because he's the cause of the economic quagmire we're passing through now. Hope you get?
Then who's the cause of the stock market recording gains? GEJ abi?

2 Likes

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by SeverusSnape(m): 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
VIPERVENOM:
Then who's the cause of the stock market recording gains? GEJ abi?
I don't know, Tell me.
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by yinka2011: 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
[size=18pt]do you know that you can practice investing in the Nigerian stock market by opening a account on EASYKOBO website and using the STOCK TRIALS section?

just sign up---you will collect N 100 MILLION PLAY MONEY.

USE it to buy and sell stocks as if its real money and you will learn how to actually make money from Nigerian stock market.

its real and its free.
[/size]

go here www.easykobo.com/stocktrials

they even hold competitions and give out prizes like IPAD

1 Like

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by Dbboy(m): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
Lol, the major reason the stockmarket picketd up was as the result of the present freefloat/devalution of the naira, now you want to praise that dull fellow of a president that actually came out 3days ago and was saying he doesnt like the devaluation of this same dollar, which got most of us asking if the idiot was contemplating reversing the said policy but i know market forces were to strong for him to handle and ad such he would have to swallow his pride and allow the naira devalue. So buhari though the president shouldnt enjoy thr praise of a systerm he was oppose to.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by Umamman(m): 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
cardoctor:
dt is d title of d song........
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by pippimp(m): 2:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
cardoctor:

It's not that there is no money. It's just that the corruptive nature in Nigeria does not allow for it to be distributed equitably.
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by PassingShot(m): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:
... That's because it's coming from a reliable and credible source. You should know.
Which sources are reliable to mourning wailers if the news are not negative?
Una wailing just dey start?

4 Likes

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by SeverusSnape(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
PassingShot:

Which sources are reliable to mourning wailers if the news are not negative?
Una wailing just dey start?
Una zombing just dey start??
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by hopyroll(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
How is that an achievement when Nigerians are suffering? How is that going to solve the problem of unemployment, reduce the hike price of fuel, gas and kerosene, the unstable electricity with high tarrif? What is the purpose of the gain when the larger part of the Nation is in chaos due to bad ECONOMY?

Am not antibuhari neither antiJona but the truth must be told

Meanwhile, if u want to quote me, make sure your senses are in their highest level of performances or thunder go fire u
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
But our wailing brethren be like why not declare a loss of #314 billion? grin

1 Like

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by meltiplexer: 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
Let hope that it keep rising,that is my prayer for the past five .Naijabet man say so
Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by anonimi: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
PassingShot:

VIPERVENOM:

Should you not ask how much it lost in the last six months of 2015?

HERE IS WHY THE NIGERIA STOCK MARKET LOST N2.2 TRILLION IN 6 MONTHS
December 17, 2015

More from: http://venturesafrica.com/nigeria-stock-market-has-lost-n2-2-trillion-since-may-29/

Who rejoices for a recovery of N314 billion against a loss of N2.2 trillion that makes a net loss of almost N2 trillion still since DullardPoo came into power Note that teh receovery was recently due to the FULL float forex policy that Buubuu has now said is only a TRIAL. shocked
Is it okay to call such prematurely joyous fellow citizens, zombies

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3251622_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stocks Market Records N314bn Gain In First Half by Tedoscar: 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
This is good for investors and Nigeria economy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sell And Distribute Gaurapad Products And become a Millionaire in 1 year. / How Can I Get Bitcoin Software (tas Miner) / Crytocurrency Coin (pi) π Updates: Mine It For Free Now: Don't Miss Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.