Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,678 members, 7,865,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:27 AM

INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order (30092 Views)

Ikpeazu: Appeal Court Rebukes Abang, Says He "Raped Democracy" / Principles Guiding The Grant Of Stay Of Execution Pending Appeal / INEC Lied Again: Proof That INEC Was Served IKPEAZU Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by iswallker(m): 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
Cherishing:

u de mind d mofon grin

am short of words right now. what a sweet lady on my mention. may i request you to add me on whatsapp as soon as humanly possible. thanks in advance... wink
Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by franclove: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
NIGERIA A GREAT COUNTRY
Nigeria is richly endowed & blessed with lots of natural resources & filled with men & women of great potentials. I recommend that you join me in an NGO called HELPING HANDS INTERNATIONAL. I assure you that the benefits you will get are mind blowing & greatly surprising as u can b a millionaire in just 5 weeks. For more info, call 08177205699, 08163665644 OR send an Email to: francid4christ@gmail.com
Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by ranktzy(m): 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
seunmsg:

The supreme court may likely reverse the judgement of the high court as the said Ogah did not participate in all the electoral process. I think it's better for all the appeal processes to be exhausted before the execution of any court order. The status quo should remain till then.
If you remember the case of Omehia & Rotimi Amaechi during his first tenure, when Omehia became governor on the platform of PDP, but Amaechi contested he was the winner of the primaries, you'll realize it's a similar pattern @ play here too.
In this situation, it's about the party that won the election, so if there's a tussle, they'll fight dirty till the best man wins.
Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by nwadiuko1(m): 7:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
ranktzy:

If you remember the case of Omehia & Rotimi Amaechi during his first tenure, when Omehia became governor on the platform of PDP, but Amaechi contested he was the winner of the primaries, you'll realize it's a similar pattern @ play here too.
In this situation, it's about the party that won the election, so if there's a tussle, they'll fight dirty till the best man wins.
dats true........but did they reach the supreme court?
Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by TheAdvocate(m): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

What they gave INEC was notice of appeal and not stay of execution order which can only be given by the court...Ikpeazu is a drowning man....let him publish the order and shame INEC...

Did INEC initially agreed that any notice of appeal was serves on it?
That should tell yu the antics of INEC.
Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by TheAdvocate(m): 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
It's grossly disheartening to see all the flops by INEC.

And to think that the Head of INEC Legal Unit is a SAN.

SMH
Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by Cherishing(f): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
iswallker:

am short of words right now. what a sweet lady on my mention. may i request you to add me on whatsapp as soon as humanly possible. thanks in advance... wink
Blushing
lets politicize first grin

1 Like

Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by ranktzy(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
nwadiuko1:
dats true........but did they reach the supreme court?
Yes, it was the Supreme Court that passed judgment on the matter. It's the same thing happened to Bello in Kogi state when Audu passed on.
Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by nwadiuko1(m): 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
ranktzy:

Yes, it was the Supreme Court that passed judgment on the matter. It's the same thing happened to Bello in Kogi state when Audu passed on.
ok thanks sir
Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by Megaideas(f): 9:08am On Jul 02, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Did Amaechi and Bello participate in the whole electoral process?? It has been decided by the Supreme Court that Parties rather than individuals inherits votes cast during elections.?

Yes, that same Supreme Court judgment still stands for now. And until there is a counter judgment, it remains our bench mark.

1 Like

Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by Megaideas(f): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2016
Why don't we keep our fingers crossed and watch out for the final judgment? Why are we killing ourselves on Nairaland? If Okezie continues or Ogah is sworn in, most of us will not benefit directly. So, let's allow sleeping dogs to lie while we go about our legitimate endeavors till the final whistle is blown. My humble submission.
Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by Caseless: 9:29am On Jul 02, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
APC want to destroy Abia State they're doing in IMO, it won't work.
They want to install their dull baby who they will order around

It won't work.
wake up! I like ikpeazu, but for now ,sai ogah! I'm supporting ogah for the sake of people like you.
Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by ENEONWO(m): 10:03am On Jul 02, 2016
The case of Uche Ogah vs Okezie Ikpeazu is not the same as Bello vs Wada. In Bello vs Wada the contention is whether Bello can inherit votes in an inconclusive election and then conclude the process. His conclusion of the process of general election makes him a part-taker in all the electoral processes as required by law. In Uche Ogah vs Ikpeazu, Alex Otti of APGA will be the ultimate beneficiary of the entire thing because, if the court disqualifies Ikpeazu, it would mean that PDP had no validly nominated candidate in the first instance as Ogah was never nominated and never took part in the general election (Remember that in Amechi's case, Amechi was validly nominated but illegally substituted with Omehia). All Alex Otti need do is wait for Ikpeazu's disqualification to be upheld by the supreme court and he will begin the process of being recognised as the governor, having participated in all processes and scored the highest vote since Ikpeazu had been declared a mistake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by iswallker(m): 11:34am On Jul 02, 2016
Cherishing:

Blushing
lets politicize first grin

grin grin...my offer is still open Bae...
Re: INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order by buksaylor001: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
anonimi:

Did INEC issue Amaechi a certificate immediately after the High court judgement or after all appeals had been exhausted?
Thanks.

There is a difference between when the judge says you are the winner,full stop.And when a judge says you are the winner and goes ahead to order that you should be issued a certificate of returns and sworn in immediately-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Ahmad Lawan Licking His Wounds? / Poor State Of Nigerian Prisons (photos) / Shell Confirms Attacks, Suspends Operations Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.