Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

What Is The Cause Of RAM Reduction - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Is The Cause Of RAM Reduction (1090 Views)

What Could Cause A Software Not Respond / Reduction In Video Ram / Root Cause Of Huawei OSN 8800 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Cause Of RAM Reduction by chidiezeh(m): 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
I formatted my system it was 6gb ram b4 I formatted it.. after formatting it was 4gb ram.. what could be the cause..

gurus help
Re: What Is The Cause Of RAM Reduction by Lexusgs430: 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
chidiezeh:
I formatted my system it was 6gb ram b4 I formatted it.. after formatting it was 4gb ram.. what could be the cause..

gurus help

Have you checked system properties to confirm ram alloted?
Re: What Is The Cause Of RAM Reduction by kay2dot(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
chidiezeh:

gurus help

What operating system were you having on the system before you format it and what operating system do you have after formating? Also, is it 32bits OS or 64bits OS?

Answer the questions to get solution to your issue.
Re: What Is The Cause Of RAM Reduction by Elsquidme(m): 9:10am On Jul 06, 2016
Bros, your case is simple. but first lemme ask how many ram module are inside your system? is it only one or two? if its only one den you have a 6g ram. if two den one is 4g and d oda is 2g. now if your systen has d latter, your 2g module is faulty. if it is the former, your 6g has a problem. whether your os is 32 or 64 it all shows the same ram specs. if you took your system to someone to format, chances are; the ram has been swap (if its a 6g ram module) or the 2g module has been remove (if its a two ram module)
Re: What Is The Cause Of RAM Reduction by khorlynz(m): 10:00am On Jul 06, 2016
@op, the contribution of the last two posters above me could solve your problem.
Re: What Is The Cause Of RAM Reduction by pointstores(m): 7:32am On Jul 07, 2016
did u format it ur self?
Re: What Is The Cause Of RAM Reduction by Neeclos: 9:25am On Jul 07, 2016
chidiezeh:

gurus help

Maybe you have something installed which can reduce the ram somehow.
If you find things like Mass Sea installed, remove it to see if the RAM is fine again.
http://www.fastremovevirus.com/get-rid-of-ads-by-mass-sea-easily.html

(1) (Reply)

Buy A Fairly Used Thermal Printer And Laptop For N30k / Buy Etisalat Data!!! 1gb At 500; 2.1gb At 1000; 3.3gb At 1500 Etc / Dell Inspirion 13 7000 Series 2-in-1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.