Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried (1440 Views)

Meet Hulk, My 3-month Old GSD / Man Inflicts Injury On Neighbour's Dog In Warri; Doctors Stitch The Dog (Graphic / Help!! I Couldn't Tame My New 5 Month Old Gsd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried by DolaPat: 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
My GSD bit my neighbour and his kid this morning, because it got agitated and was carelessly left off its leash by my maid, my neighbour has been treated with his son, but i am so worried, because the dog has been acting lik something else since the incident this morning, its barking, growling and i can almost even say howling lik a wolf, i am scared first and foremost because of the myth that once a dog tastes human flesh and blood, you have to let it go, by selling it off or killing it, i am so very unhappy, because any pet lover knows how dear a pet can be to the heart, my dog is a very lovely dog, and this is a first incident, the rabies vaccination was due last month,i have spoken to my vet, and she says the dog will stil be rabies free.
The vet has tried to calm it down, but its still very nervous at the moment, so she advised that we grind valium in its meal, to sedate or slow it down a bit. Please Advise me people.
please advice me on what you all know on dog bites and their temperament after, and can it still be domesticated. Thank you
Re: My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried by olatunjithomas(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
DolaPat:
My GSD bit my neighbour and his kid this morning, because it got agitated and was carelessly left off its leash by my maid, my neighbour has been treated with his son, but i am so worried, because the dog has been acting lik something else since the incident this morning, its barking, growling and i can almost even say howling lik a wolf, i am scared first and foremost because of the myth that once a dog tastes human flesh and blood, you have to let it go, by selling it off or killing it, i am so very unhappy, because any pet lover knows how dear a pet can be to the heart, my dog is a very lovely dog, and this is a first incident, the rabies vaccination was due last month,i have spoken to my vet, and she says the dog will stil be rabies free.
The vet has tried to calm it down, but its still very nervous at the moment, so she advised that we grind valium in its meal, to sedate or slow it down a bit. Please Advise me people.
please advice me on what you all know on dog bites and their temperament after, and can it still be domesticated. Thank you

how many times do you walk the dog a week?
cos that affects their temperaments a lot due to the fact that they have stored up energy which if not walked to flare up the excess energy could lead to high temperaments

common to pit bulls
rots
and. GSD.

1 Like

Re: My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried by iPopAlomo(m): 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
DolaPat:

you leash it up alot... If its too much of a burden for you... I can take it off your back...

2 Likes

Re: My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried by DolaPat: 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
iPopAlomo:

chei ipopalomo, you are ready to take my baby off me, just like that, this life is wicked ohhh, is that the advise i seek, lmao
Thanks anyways for even responding, i really appreciate.update tho is d valium has been administered, m not at home, m at work, but my mum just called me now and said the dog is evn hyper nd playing football. hahahahaha

you leash it up alot... If its too much of a burden for you... I can take it off your back...
Re: My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried by iPopAlomo(m): 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
DolaPat:

I thought you were scared it might turn out to be a monster... I'll just keep him for you... wink

1 Like

Re: My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Contact any calabar man nearest to u.
Re: My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried by Cujo007: 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
It takes a lot of Valium to sedate a dog. Depending on the weight, even after giving 30mg u may still not have the desired effect. My dog has attacked 3 ppl n tries lunging at ppl wen we go on walks. It's a BM n I love him. But I hd to throw out Ceasar Milan positive teachings n pick up a cane wen we go on walks. I give him a whack wen he tries to lunge at ppl n he's learning dt it isn't rt. So, I advise more walks n on leash training on how not to attack except u ask it to. For this u need a long leash n a willing assistant. Good luck
Re: My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried by Caveatemptor(m): 6:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
As you have already been advised,take your dog on a long walk. It should clear its head.
Re: My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried by Laird(m): 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
MAKE SURE THE PEOPLE BITTEN GET ANTI-TEtANUS INJECTIONS AND THAT THE PEOPLE AND THE DOG ARE RABIES FREE
Re: My 19 Month Old Gsd Bit My Neighbour, I Am Worried by Jofez: 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
When a dog bites someone, rabies should come to your mind first. get any soda soap and wash the surface immediately. If you cant get soda soap, use sprite. The next thing to do is to ask the person if he tried touching the dog or wanted to play/ look for the dog's trouble. If no, let the person see a doctor and the dog should be chained for few days ( I cant remember how long). If the person was the reason for the bite, you shouldn't worry much about it.
Dog owners are expected to take rabies vaccine too... Not only vets.

(1) (Reply)

5 Worst Reasons To Get A Dog / Are We Over Vaccinating Our Dogs? / St Bernard Adult & Puppy For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.