Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,467 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard (1144 Views)

Buhari Apologises To Lawmakers Over Row With Aso Rock Guards / Okoi Obono-Oblo: Buhari Apologises To Senate Over Comments About AGF / Grazing Bill Passes First Reading In The Senate - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by Elose11(m): 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
ABUJA- PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari Friday tendered an unreserved apology to the Senate over statements by his Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Prosecution, Okoi Obono- Oblo that the Senate lacked the powers to summon Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami to explain why he dragged the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu and two others to court over alleged forgery of the Senate Standing Order. President Buhari faulted the position of the the AGF, stressing that as an appointee of the President, he was equally answerable to the Senate, just as he said that the statement ought not to have been made in the first place. It would be recalled that the AGF, for the second time on Thursday, shunned the summon of Senate to explain why he dragged the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu and two others to court over alleged forgery of the Senate Standing Order. Buhari's Special Assistant on Public Prosecution, Okoi Obono-Oblo and in the office of the AGF who appeared before the Senator David Umaru, APC Niger East led Senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters had lampooned the Senate, saying that the red chambers lacked the powers to summon the Minister of Justice over a matter that was already in a competent court of law. President Buhari spoke through his Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang. Addressing Journalists, barely twenty- four hours after the Presidential aide took a swipe at the Senate that the Presidency had no confidence on the Senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters, Senator Enang said that there was no way the Attorney General of the federation and Minister of Justice will not respect the Senators because the lawmakers screened and cleared the ministers as ministerial nominees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by lightheart(m): 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by Elose11(m): 3:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
All these so called men of integrity ( Buhari's appointees) will be his down fall. This Ugep man, Obla talks like the illiterate he is. May be he is suffering from the human flesh he consumed in the past!

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by Oleku93(m): 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
My humble president
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by Mynd44: 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
Those bunch of clowns in the hollow chamber. The attorney general isnt answerable to them but the president.. they should keep talking
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by Built2last: 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
ok
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by SpeedyConnect(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
k
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by Ofemmanu1: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
Sai baba!
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by Alaanyihaji(m): 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
Apology is ok but the forgery trial is a challenge to the principle of Separation of powers and legislative independence and should be dropped by the attorney general. Then will the apology be complete.Sai baba, no allow bad aids and advisers spoil your neutrality in the um pass at the red chamber.
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by Inspectahdeck(m): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
Nobody is above the word sorry.
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by LouisVanGaal(m): 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
Lmao! Buhari na silent badt guy o! De bite saraki like rat, still de blow breeze on top...
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by royallord1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
hmmmmm.
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by Almajiri1: 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
He eats the humble pie.
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by Thobiy(m): 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
The begining of fear [img][/img]
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by EteEdoho: 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
[s]
Elose11:
ABUJA- PRESIDENT
Muhammadu Buhari Friday
tendered an unreserved
apology to the Senate over
statements by his Special
Assistant to President
Muhammadu Buhari on
Prosecution, Okoi Obono-
Oblo that the Senate lacked
the powers to summon
Attorney-General of the
Federation (AGF) and
Minister of Justice, Mr.
Abubakar Malami to explain
why he dragged the Senate
President, Bukola Saraki,
Deputy Senate President,
Ike Ekweremadu and two
others to court over alleged
forgery of the Senate
Standing Order.
President Buhari faulted the
position of the the AGF,
stressing that as an
appointee of the President,
he was equally answerable
to the Senate, just as he
said that the statement
ought not to have been
made in the first place.
It would be recalled that the
AGF, for the second time on
Thursday, shunned the
summon of Senate to
explain why he dragged the
Senate President, Bukola
Saraki, Deputy Senate
President, Ike Ekweremadu
and two others to court over
alleged forgery of the
Senate Standing Order.
Buhari's Special Assistant on
Public Prosecution, Okoi
Obono-Oblo and in the office
of the AGF who appeared
before the Senator David
Umaru, APC Niger East led
Senate Committee on
Judiciary, Human Rights and
Legal Matters had
lampooned the Senate,
saying that the red
chambers lacked the powers
to summon the Minister of
Justice over a matter that
was already in a competent
court of law.
President Buhari spoke
through his Special Assistant
on National Assembly
Matters (Senate), Senator
Ita Enang.
Addressing Journalists,
barely twenty- four hours
after the Presidential aide
took a swipe at the Senate
that the Presidency had no
confidence on the Senate
Committee on Judiciary,
Human Rights and Legal
Matters, Senator Enang said
that there was no way the
Attorney General of the
federation and Minister of
Justice will not respect the
Senators because the
lawmakers screened and
cleared the ministers as
ministerial nominees.
[/s]Clap-trap!. El-dullardeen,you are yarning opata. You av' destroy our nascent democracy and our democratic institutions. Your are a bloody tyrant and criminally minded!.
Re: I Am Sorry, Buhari Apologises To Senate - Vanguard by EteEdoho: 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
[s]
Oleku93:
My humble president
[/s]Oloku indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Police Officer Collecting Money From Road User. / This Is Coming From An Igbo Man, Joe Igbokwe / Nigeria Without The Igbos The Impossible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.