Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

How To Boot Or Shut Down A Computer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Boot Or Shut Down A Computer (4420 Views)

Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer / Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order / Pc Refuses To Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Boot Or Shut Down A Computer by EronsCollins(m): 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hello,
I found out many still do not know how to carry out the very first action on the computer in order to carry out a function which is How To Boot Or Shut Down A Computer. Booting is the first step and shutting down come last.

So in this article you will learn how to do just that with ease.

The first action or step is to put on the computer but it is called Booting in computer language. Now let’s consider what booting is all about.
Booting is simply the act of putting on or switching on the computer system whereby the computer carries out self-examination or self-test.
When you put on the computer system, it will run a check on itself and all the peripheral devices connected to it to find out if they are in good condition or not. This whole process by which we switch on the computer and allow it to check itself is called BOOTING.
The programs used by the computer to check itself are called operating system (OS). Examples of these operating system are: Ms DOS, Windows, etc.

Types of Booting
There are two types of booting which are:
 Cool Booting
 Warm Booting

Cool Booting: This is when we switch on the computer for the first time when the computer is in “sleeping mode” through the power button on the system unit.
Warm Booting: This is rebooting or restarting of the computer when the computer is already on but no longer responding to commands. There are two ways to warm boot or reboot the computer;
 By pressing button on the system unit
 By pressing and holding down the CTRL + ALT+DEL keys on from the Keyboard all at the same time.

HOW TO SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER
This is act of switching off the computer. To switch of the computer, take the following steps:
 Click the start button
 Click shut down (a dialog will be displayed)
 Click shut down
 Click OK

Source: http://bestawareness.com/how-to-boot-or-shut-down-a-computer/

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Watch Local Tv Stations With My Laptop / Browse On Your Pc Using Your BlackBerry As A Modem / UK Used Hp pavilion15 Core i5 130k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.