Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? (33200 Views)

Tupac Vs Snoop Dogg / Tupac Vs Biggie And The Bad Boys / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by eldee(m): 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2008
@topic
Dear Mama
Changes
One Day At A Time
although Em stole the show on this one
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Bamsyle(m): 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2008
Nahh Eldee, haba shocked Em stole nada.
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Bamsyle(m): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2008
Em as usual rode on that beat. Agreed, he ripped it.

But Pac hit me harder dawg. Consider his opening verse:

Sometimes it's hard, to wake up in the morning mind full o' demons I don't wanna hear them anymore

Em tried but Pac was Untouchable man.
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Bamsyle(m): 4:07pm On Jul 23, 2008
Yo El, I guess you'll also fall for Em in Biggie's Dead Wrong.

I almost fell for him on One Day At A Time but on tha deeper level, Pac floored him. Maybe Em was only better on the hip side.
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Uche2nna(m): 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2008
Em was phenomenal on that track but it was still Pac's track . U cant beat Pac on his track, his lyrics are out of this world.

@ Topic

Plenty of songs going over thru ma mind now. Difficult for me to pick his best.

So let me just start with some of his songs that always make me wish he was still alive

"Who do U believe in"   (Very deep philosophical lyrics. I still shiver when I hear him stating his views on that track)

"Smile for me"   and "Ghetto Gospel"  (The lyrics on these tracks is enuff to start a revolution. 2pac called it a mental revolution)

Never had a friend like me (Very passionate on this track)
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Uche2nna(m): 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2008
They never wanted us to make it
Everything that we posses
We had to fight and take it
I think the president is smoking weed
Bumpin' his beat
Makin' a livin' out of my misery
Till he got a friend like me

grin
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Bamsyle(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2008
Em was phenomenal on that track but it was still Pac's track . You can't beat Pac on his track, his lyrics are out of this world.

You just spoke like an oracle.
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by eldee(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2008
@Bamsyle et Uche2nna
By now you should know Em can kill anybody on their own shit . . . ask JayZ, DMX, 50 Cent . . . and countless other victims cheesy
He's has the lyrical pace of Cannibus and that rhythmic touch to it

If not for the third verse on that song, it'll be a forgotten case
But Em was hotter than Pac . . . one that song

But I know, that I will always continue to grow,
As long as I lead and never follow no one else's shadow
There will never be another me
And that I can guarantee
Thats why the mess I remain sucker free to this day
The game will never be the same
No matter how much fame or success they attain
There will never be another me
And no matter what they do
There will never be another you
You can search but you'll never find
You can try to rewind time
But in your hearts and your minds
We will never die
We are forever alive
And we continue growing,

Those lines will still remain some of the dopest in hiphop
It was like daylight robbery, that was the climax of the song

In about one minute
1) Denied being a gangster
2) Accepted there's nothing wrong with creating the image
3) Showed s that he's not a follower
4) Gave us one of the best lines in hiphop 'There will never be another me'

Warning: Never feature Shady on your song, he'll steal it
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Bamsyle(m): 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2008
You're completely wrong dawg.

Em did a song with a dead man. So he had to give his best. But even then, you still can't compare his ish with Pac's:

Sometimes its hard to wake up in the morning
Mind full of demons, I don't wanna hear them anymore
Got me heartbroken,fine, so many babies screaming
Cause they seeing destruction before they a see human being
So they start smoking weed, we'll never get our day
Until we learn to pray, keep our families in shape

Cause they all broke. and why do ghetto birds die
Before we learn to fly, some bodies else's child caught in guns
Smoking weed, can all make a change
So I'm told, but I haven't seen the change unfold,
I keep hoping please, if you prefer to breathe,
Communities in need of people that will lead
Keep your eyes open, I can only say I'll try
Until the day I die, I promise to be wise
With my heart open, greed, brings only misery
A way to tragedy, so I stay sucker free
Only a few chosen, rise (rise)
My ghetto queen, rise (rise)
Don't be afraid to try (try)
Too many of us died to the door to open wide
My brother be wise, stay focused on the prize[/b]Though everybody dies
We can,

Em only tried to out-do a dead man's verses. And he failed dawg.

Check out those words from Pac in bold print.

Then come back and tell me Em's 'There will never be another me' ish is better than all that. *Who doesn't know there will never be another me, you, him anyway?*

I just enjoyed Em's flow. But Tupac as usual, [b]taught lessons
on that track dawg wink
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Bamsyle(m): 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2008
El, even Em can't mess around with Tupac's babies - Outlaws. Check these out:

Don't be caught in the publicity and caught in the hype
Rappers are regular people minus money and light
Searching for fortune and fame, and super stardom
All the jewelry, all the cars, whose crew is the hardest.
Now the hip-hop police, the villains is watching
And kids think beef is the only option
Outlaws born filthy, guilty as charged
My memories of Khaddafi, but Makaveli lives on
You think the industry is fun
And no pity with guns
And when your money is up
Thats when your enemies come
So if he died and came back
Would he try to save rap?
We needing a change, the drama remains

I spent my whole life, fighting myself
That I cant win so I'm inviting some help
and every now and then I take rights from left
Im still just like a kid, looking for stripes on my belt
And that there is a fight in itself
So I just pray and hope god
Take a like to myself
No matter how much I try (stay alive)
I'm gunna die mad, still standing there in love with my pride

Heard frivolous beats, we past that
I'm trying to keep some income coming in
And collect on my ass cap
The rappers in the game aint changed
And I finally realized that we not in the same game
The hating will never end, so I guess I'll deal wit it
Them 4-5 with cop killers, just some steel wit it
The streets is military, you gotta be a soldier
Gotta stay leery and keep your eyes on the rollers
As they do what they gotta do to shackle and hold us
So we gotta do what we gotta do to keep rolling
One way at a time, keep the faith in your mind
and we continue growin,

Then come back and tell me Em stole the show. Which show?
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Bamsyle(m): 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2008
*Wags fingers at Eldee and says "Be careful. Don't lose your 'legendary' status with me o"*
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by eldee(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2008
Bamsyle:

El, even Em can't mess around with Tupac's babies - Outlaws
Then come back and tell me Em stole the show. Which show?
If you look at my post you'll see where I said the Outlawz verse was top-draw

Bamsyle:

You're completely wrong dawg.
Em did a song with a dead man. So he had to give his best.
Even if Pac were alive, he wouldn't have changed the verse tongue

Check out those words from Pac in bold print.

Then come back and tell me Em's 'There will never be another me' ish is better than all that.

C'mon 'They can search but they'll never find, they can try to rewind time'
So because he didn't come to say 'Keep your families in shape' you say his verse wasn't heavy?
While Pac was saying 'Remember this face save me a space in Thugz mansion', Biggie was saying 'When I die I wanna go to hell'
Tell me who dropped the better album?
Look at Kanye Vs Jay Z on Diamonds from Sierra Leone Remix . . . Science doesn't always win

Because Pac was conscious don't mean shit . . . the ending part of the first verse coulda come from Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton for all I care
I'm telling you, posting Em's lyrics never justifies him enough, that line is the best way to spend one minute
C'mon . . . gimme your i-tunes email ad . . . I'll send it to you again cheesy

Bamsyle:

*Wags fingers at Eldee and says "Be careful. Don't lose your 'legendary' status with me o"*
Hehehe . . . There will never be another me cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Hannibal: 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2008
@ Eldee,

The greatest 2pac song of all time has to be "ALL OUT" featuring Outlawz.
This isn't the rubbish on Until The End Of Time album. . . .This was actually one of his lost tracks.
Ohhhhhhh me dayze. . . . . . .2pac ripped that shyte!!!
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Uche2nna(m): 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2008
I have bought all the albums of only two rappers, Pac and Em.

You can say Em stole the show from Pac. I aint got a problem with that. If anybody deserves to stand shoulder to shoulder with Pac, it is Em. Who woulda thot? A white bwoi!!!!  cheesy Em is miles away from other rappers. I almost laughed ma ass off when I listened to his song "Bully". Ja rule's casket was made in the song "Hail Mary". Em then buried him in the song "Bully".
Irv and that guy from The source was not spared either. Bobby Brown is still confused on weather Em dissed him or not on that song.  cheesy
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Bamsyle(m): 9:26am On Jul 24, 2008
@Eldee
Even if Pac were alive, he wouldn't have changed the verse

We're not talking 'bout changing verse here. We're talking 'bout two rappers who did not go to same studio on same day to drop verses on same song, back to back.

Jay-Z and Em recorded Renegade fully conscious of each other's abilities. And we know who won.

50 and Em recorded Peep Show et al fully conscious of each other's abilities. We also know who won.

And I can go on and on.

But when it came to Tupac's turn, Em rapped next to Pac's lines which had been recorded many many years ago. And then you're telling me there was a competition? Same for Biggie's "Dead Wrong". Why not try; Kung-Fu Competition 2008: Bruce Lee V. Jackie Chan

And yet with all the advantage Em got, Pac still dropped him to his knees. Even in death. Pac's lines on that verse was like a lion roaring while Em came up later like a pussy cat. Em's lines in that joint were some of his most serious ever. Cos he knew he was playing with an icon. He mustered all his courage, skills, prowess to rap with him. Yet Tupac won.

Maybe you need to do some Psychology course to understand the point I'm making here. Nuff said.

So because he didn't come to say 'Keep your families in shape' you say his verse wasn't heavy?
While Pac was saying 'Remember this face save me a space in Thugz mansion', Biggie was saying 'When I die I want to go to hell'
Look at Kanye Vs Jay Z on Diamonds from Sierra Leone Remix . . . Science doesn't always win

Because Pac was conscious don't mean shit . . . the ending part of the first verse coulda come from Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton for all I care
I'm telling you, posting Em's lyrics never justifies him enough, that line is the best way to spend one minute
C'mon . . . gimme your i-tunes email ad . . . I'll send it to you again

So, you're telling me that Em's "search and find, rewind time, there will never be another you" ish makes more sense or sounds better to your hearing than Pac's "Keep your families in shape"? shocked Is better than "Communities in need of people that will lead" Is better than "Greed, brings only misery, a way to tragedy" Is better than "My ghetto queen, rise, don't be afraid to try" And better than "My brother be wise, stay focused on the prize" shocked

Is it!!!

In one breath Pac addressed:
1) Individual issues
2) Family issues
3) Communal issues
4) World issues

He spoke to males and females alike. He decried greed, the bane of our society. He addressed issues that affect us all. And you tell me that wasn't enough? Eldee, you would be better than you are now if not for the greed, corruption and other ills of your fellowmen.

Dude, you petrified me out of my wits with your words "Because Pac was conscious don't mean shit". I would rather stick to a rapper who addresses issues of life and reality, instead of a rapper just rhyming and being hip. Dude, have you ever heard the saying "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care"? Tupac Cares *Keep Ya Head Up* when he spits.

Take this lesson: You would always need to listen to any Pac's verse two, three, four, nay, eight times before you can fully decipher what he says. And with a good headphone.

And I won't even go into that Kanye/Jay-Z/Biggie dust you're raising there. It's a subject for another day thread.
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2008
tupac is the greatest rapper ever mentioned infact i appreciate his effort though his not alive to reap what he has sown

hit em' up
hell mama
running
letter tomy unborn child
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Bamsyle(m): 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2008
@Eldee

Even if Pac were alive, he wouldn't have changed the verse

We're not talking 'bout changing verse here. We're talking 'bout two rappers who did not go to same studio on same day to drop verses on same song, back to back.

Jay-Z and Em recorded Renegade fully conscious of each other's abilities. And we know who won.

50 and Em recorded Peep Show et al fully conscious of each other's abilities. We also know who won.

And I can go on and on.

But when it came to Tupac's turn, Em rapped next to Pac's lines which had been recorded many many years ago. And then you're telling me there was a competition? Same for Biggie's "Dead Wrong". Why not try; Kung-Fu Competition 2008: Bruce Lee V. Jackie Chan

And yet with all the advantage Em got, Pac still dropped him to his knees. Even in death. Pac's lines on that verse was like a lion roaring while Em came up later like a pussy cat. Em's lines in that joint were some of his most serious ever. Cos he knew he was playing with an icon. He mustered all his courage, skills, prowess to rap with him. Yet Tupac won.

Maybe you need to do some Psychology course to understand the point I'm making here. Nuff said.

While Pac was saying 'Remember this face save me a space in Thugz mansion', Biggie was saying 'When I die I want to go to hell'

C'mon . . . gimme your i-tunes email ad . . . I'll send it to you again

So, you're telling me that Em's "search and find, rewind time, there will never be another you" ish makes more sense or sounds better to your hearing than Pac's "Keep your families in shape"?  Is better than "Communities in need of people that will lead" Is better than "Greed, brings only misery, a way to tragedy" Is better than "My ghetto queen, rise, don't be afraid to try" And better than "My brother be wise, stay focused on the prize" 

Is it!!!

In one breath Pac addressed:
1) Individual issues
2) Family issues
3) Communal issues
4) World issues

He spoke to males and females alike. He decried greed, the bane of our society. He addressed issues that affect us all. And you tell me that wasn't enough? Eldee, you would be better than you are now if not for the greed, corruption and other ills of your fellowmen.

Dude, you petrified me out of my wits with your words "Because Pac was conscious don't mean shit". I would rather stick to a rapper who addresses issues of life and reality, instead of a rapper just rhyming and being hip. Dude, have you ever heard the saying "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care"? Tupac Cares *Keep Ya Head Up* when he spits. I would rather listen to a message that comes from the heart instead of one that comes from the head.

Take this lesson: You would always need to listen to any Pac's verse two, three, four, nay, eight times before you can fully decipher what he says. And with a good headphone.

And I won't even go into that Kanye/Jay-Z/Biggie dust you're raising there. It's a subject for another day thread.
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by A40(m): 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2008
@Bamsyle
Please dont make me throw up! both Fiddy's and Eminem's verses on Peep Show where whack no wonder Eminem has not come up with any new shit seems like he has run out of rhymes
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Hannibal: 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2008
A-40:

@Bamsyle
Please don't make me throw up! both Fiddy's and Eminem's verses on Peep Show where whack no wonder Eminem has not come up with any new shit seems like he has run out of rhymes

Eminem run out of rhymes?? I am having a laugh.
How many MCs can touch Eminem lyrically?? NONE. . . .
On his day, he would chew up any of the big cats in the habitat.
We all saw how he made Jigga sound like a muppet on "Renegade"
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by onyinye2(f): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
Hannibal, you are giving EM to much credit. he is a good rapper but he sure as hell aint the best lyricist. his lyrics are fantastic but not the best.
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by FLOWSHOW: 9:54am On Jul 25, 2008
Pac men dat's a hard nut for me u know, emmmm

In dis order

Ghetto gospel

Until d end of time

Never call u b***ch again

Dear Mama

Baby don't cry

Wonda if heaven's gat ghetto

Thug mansion

Changes

Do for luv
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by mohammedss: 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2008
2pac AKA makavelli hav no rival in the rap shit,i love almost all his songs
starrin thru my review
hail mary
still i rise
if i die 2nite
the list is endless men peace out.
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ Topic,

Don't know about the best tho. . . . . . but my all time fav has got to be, . . . .Brenda's Got a baby. . . . . .
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by candylips(m): 11:01am On Nov 24, 2008
Dear mama is the best for me
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by babadee(m): 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2008
Cant believe it but nobody talked about my block(remix),
here's another list of pacs greatest.

Ghetto gospel
my block(remix)
Brenda got a baby (very tight lines n philosophy)
aint mad at ya
black president
staring at the world thru my rear view
dear mama
keep ya head up,

nobody is close to keepin it that real now!!!
RIP pac!!!
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Sauron1: 9:43pm On Nov 24, 2008
Tupac's top ten:

All Out(original version)
Troublesome 96
Made Niggaz
Hell For A Hustla
Ballad Of A Dead Soldier

Black Jesus
Lost Souls
Trading War Stories
Bomb First
Me & Ma Gurlfriend.
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by tjamez: 2:13am On Nov 25, 2008
My favourites are
hit em up
until the end of time
letter to my unborn child
dear momma
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by A40(m): 4:17am On Nov 25, 2008
More from Pac

Dear Mama
Thug Nature
All about you
Till the end of time
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by kuntagunit(m): 8:36am On May 01, 2009
there are so many pac's songs that u cant even start selcting the best cos all of them re good.
my best any day still remains

LIFE GOES ON
THUGZ MANSION
MY BLOCK REMIX
2 OF AMERICAZ MOST WANTED
AMBITIONZ AS A RIDA
SO MANY TEARS
THIS LIFE I LIVE
WHEN WE RIDE
CANT C ME
LIVE AND DIE IN LA
ONE DAY AT A TIME
HAIL MARY
ME AND MY HOMMIES
etc. i can go on and on, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by MUZBO(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2009
Tupac rocks.
R u still down?
Nothing to loose
Bomb first
So many tears
Letter to the president
All about you.
And many more.
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by mayor007(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2009
1.Still I rise: He really encapsulated his life in this track. 2. So many tears: This is the ish. Moves me to tears. 3. Street fame: He was talking about how you gotta make it in the murky pools of the streets. Venomous. 3. I ain't mad at cha: No comment. 4. Hail mary 5. Hit 'em up
Re: Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? by Slaypac(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2009
i like rear ones,

trapped
ballad of a dead souja
troublesome
brendas got a baby
keep ur head up
life goes on
my block
unkonditional luv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars / 2face Replies Blackface And Idris. / List 5 Songs That Are Always On Your Replay List

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.