Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor (44416 Views)

Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) / Mubarak Abdullahi Builds Helicopters In His House / Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by slimfit1(m): 6:19am On Jul 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Of course he's lying.

And that's not a tractor of any capacity. A FWD tractor? A tractor with no visible PTO unit?

Back to the drawing board.

What are you talking about I think he is there already he has done the difficult part the rest his very easy. I respect his way of thinking very different from those idiots in lagos universities making nonsense called a car.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by Teddyg2(m): 7:13am On Jul 02, 2016
Nice 1 bro.
Kudos to u
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by 41lady(m): 7:25am On Jul 02, 2016
Bravo... Good thinking Good product. Hope the bro is not in Benue, because the guys from the north call herdsmen are wicked, they do attack that state I hear, please engineer /bro, if you are in Benue I beg you to relocate with immediate effect to another safe place.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by BENJASCO: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2016
saints2:
UK-trained Nigerian Engineer, Timothy Addigi Builds A 100% Nigerian Tractor

UK-trained Nigerian engineer Timothy Addigi Terfa is getting ready to launch a Nigerian-built tractor. Mr Terfa said: "I designed and built this tractor, which is 100% Nigerian, with a team of skilled individuals." He has called the tractor Ijodo, meaning labour in the Tiv language. See one more photo...

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/07/uk-trained-nigerian-engineer-timothy.html

Wow..that's awesome...

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by kingreign(m): 7:56am On Jul 02, 2016
Standing5:
I pity you. The difference btw what y call contraption and this is the advancement in tech in the society they were built. the naija based guys may not have solid 3d printer and labs to help produce stunning prototypes bodies but theirs function very well like u any other

Bros, no make me vex this morning. Since you're praising them, oya answer this simple prayer

May God design your life just as those engineering students of Nigeria designed those 'cars'. Oya say amen.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by kingreign(m): 7:59am On Jul 02, 2016
jbichene:
na wa ooo "Nigerian Engineers" , we never trust our own

Hey dude no make me vex, we get electrical engineers yet they can't fix a simple light bulb, we have PHd Mech engrs, yet they can't drain and fill up engine oil, we have civil engrs and structural engrs, yet no sky scraper, just a common bungalow and its collapse news we have always, a computer engineer, we never see conputer robot programme yet, na Engineering by theory not engineering by practicals na wetin dem sabi. Bros no make me vex.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by gbishman: 8:08am On Jul 02, 2016
BOI where una dey, this young talented engineer should be sort after and encouraged till he reaches the height of his pinnacle
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by SMREXY(m): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2016
tdayof:

No am not good with that dictionary definition. He won't get any patent for that as an invention.
Goodluck!
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by rhektor(m): 9:04am On Jul 02, 2016
pippimp:

It is for the the guy who pimped the ride to tell you. Don't take my word for it. Research the definition of a tractor and see. Would be comfortable with someone calling a bicycle a car?

Cry baby, why don't you upload the pix of the tractor that you built
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by princetom1(m): 10:37am On Jul 02, 2016
kingreign:

Bros, no make me vex this morning. Since you're praising them, oya answer this simple prayer

May God design your life just as those engineering students of Nigeria designed those 'cars'. Oya say amen.

Its only Nigerian students prototypes u see at international competitions looking like rotten tomatoes. Our level has gone down so much we are about to start producing toothpick. I will never claim a profession if i cant stand on my own. 0rex, i dey feel u o
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 02, 2016
princetom1:

Its only Nigerian students prototypes u see at international competitions looking like rotten tomatoes. Our level has gone down so much we are about to start producing toothpick. I will never claim a profession if i cant stand on my own. 0rex, i dey feel u o
cheesy Thanks bro.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by keynesstreet2: 11:08am On Jul 02, 2016
princechiemekam:
This is great. ...nice work buddy

I hope that first class uniBen student and others looking for white Collar jobs can now see for themselves.......
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by piagetskinner(m): 11:12am On Jul 02, 2016
Rossikk:

Nonsense. Our engineering graduates in this Nigeria can build that thing - IF they want to, and have the ambition. It's not technically beyond them at all. INNOSON did not even attend university at all, yet he manufactures cars, SUVs, buses, and trucks!

all the ones iv seen them build are nothing close to this in its finesse and detail, and mind u, this dude built this himself not some automobile manufacturing company...

Nigerian institutions are wacked...because they dwell on outdated syllabus..most students u see making headway didn't rely on the gibberish syllabus taught them..they worked extra mile.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by pippimp(m): 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
rhektor:

Cry baby, why don't you upload the pix of the tractor that you built

Smh.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by womiv(m): 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
These are the kind of initiatives that should be linked with ICT & Tech professionals, so as to modernise & improve efficiency, not so much apps and other things our underdeveloped society can't yet appreciate & utilise effectively.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by Litmus: 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
kingreign:
Cool, unlike the contraptions built by most Nigerian trained engineers which they termed as 'cars'.

You shouldn't knock those things. I Bet you that everyone of those contraptions you're mocking now, if the inventors persist, will astonish you by the fourth and fifth iteration of them. The difficult part of most things is the start, the putting down of the concrete evidence, once that is out of the way, improvements come in leaps and bounds and aesthetics can be handled by designers.... or relatives or friends with artistic flare.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
pippimp:

That is not a tractor. A tractor has large rear wheels by definition.

A Tracktor is any vehicle that can drive over muddy, marshy terrain, (The Farm) and help you move stock, tools, or ploughing.
If it were possible for it to fly in the air, it will still be a tractor.
The large wheels just prevent it from sinking in the marshy soil. They can be either front, back, left or right. Provided it does not sink
marshy soil

This is just an innovative take on the concept.

Nothing is cast in stone.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by pippimp(m): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

A Tracktor is any vehicle that can drive over muddy, marshy terrain, (The Farm) and help you move stock, tools, or ploughing.
If it were possible for it to fly in the air, it will still be a tractor.
The large wheels just prevent it from sinking in the marshy soil. They can be either front, back, left or right. Provided it does not sink
marshy soil

This is just an innovative take on the concept.

Nothing is cast in stone.

A Ford truck can do the same thing. Based on your definition.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by patrickkkk: 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
pippimp:

That is not a tractor. A tractor has large rear wheels by definition.

Na only definition you sabi!!!!!!
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by pippimp(m): 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
patrickkkk:

Na only definition you sabi!!!!!!

Yes na. Before we can engage in anything, we must define it. If a man goes out every morning to an office, telling his family that he is going to work but he doesn't get paid at the end of the month because he is a volunteer, would you define what he has as a job? Can you call a fruit meat because it goes into your stomach? Come on man, think. Everything must be defined so as to categorize it. Everything. Food, relationships, cars, TRACTORS, trucks, etc. It is only in Nigeria that people call anything whatever they like.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
slimfit1:

What are you talking about I think he is there already he has done the difficult part the rest his very easy. I respect his way of thinking very different from those idiots in lagos universities making nonsense called a car.

It's not a must that we're in agreement.

This is shyte in 2016.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by nortcentrallord(m): 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
Burgerlomo:

I hope the polithiefcian can do it, but instead they preferred to invest in women's bore hole.

Lol @ "borehole" truth though.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by UuzbaGuuzba: 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
pippimp:

A Ford truck can do the same thing. Based on your definition.

I pity the fool who would use a Ford Truck on a muddy farm.

A tractor is purpose-built. Hard wearing part, diesel, low maintenance.

But if you'd like to buy a Ford truck and use it to plough a field normally done by Asses, be my guest. Try the F350
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by jbichene(m): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
kingreign:

Hey dude no make me vex, we get electrical engineers yet they can't fix a simple light bulb, we have PHd Mech engrs, yet they can't drain and fill up engine oil, we have civil engrs and structural engrs, yet no sky scraper, just a common bungalow and its collapse news we have always, a computer engineer, we never see conputer robot programme yet, na Engineering by theory not engineering by practicals na wetin dem sabi. Bros no make me vex.
oga u don't have a clue about what u are talking about , just like many other Nigerians hasty generalization is ur thing , try and be in a place were u get to work with a lot of naija trained engineers den u'll correct yourself.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by pippimp(m): 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

I pity the fool who would use a Ford Truck on a muddy farm.

A tractor is purpose-built. Hard wearing part, diesel, low maintenance.

But if you'd like to buy a Ford truck and use it to plough a field normally done by Asses, be my guest. Try the F350

Which is why tractors have large rear wheels. Nigerians don't know how to define or categorize things. That was how someone said he invented a gas powered pressing iron forgetting that the product has always been in existence.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by UuzbaGuuzba: 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
pippimp:

Which is why tractors have large rear wheels. Nigerians don't know how to define or categorize things. That was how someone said he invented a gas powered pressing iron forgetting that the product has always been in existence.
You can't kill me until I agree to die. What are these ones then?
If you like hide under bed. Cane for you. Oya Answer!

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by pippimp(m): 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

A track tractor is different from a wheeled tractor. When the tyres are wheeled the rear ones are large for better traction. I build roads for a living and very experienced in operating heavy equipment.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by pippimp(m): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
If you like hide under bed. Cane for you. Oya Answer!

Plus, if you look at the track tractors, you'll see that the rear track is larger than the forward track. It has to be that way for traction. Stop googling.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by UuzbaGuuzba: 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
pippimp:

Plus, if you look at the track tractors, you'll see that the rear track is larger than the forward track. It has to be that way for traction. Stop googling.

What is the problem with people that answer your name?
If the Nigerian guy had designed EXACTLY the one you expect to see, Big rear wheels, You personally, would blast him by saying, "There's nothing there jor. Nothing Special. Oyibo have already done that. Infact, he just imported a tractor"

Now, Guy has made the front wheels bigger and still called it TRACTOR. Allow Guy take credit na?! E easy? For this hard Buhari Nigeria...

Hian!!?
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by pippimp(m): 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

What is the problem with people that answer your name?
If the Nigerian guy had designed EXACTLY the one you expect to see, Big rear wheels, You personally, would blast him by saying, "There's nothing there jor. Nothing Special. Oyibo have already done that. Infact, he just imported a tractor"

Now, Guy has made the front wheels bigger and still called it TRACTOR. Allow Guy take credit na?! E easy? For this hard Buhari Nigeria...

Hian!!?

Yes. Call it whatever you like. So that one day when Normal people want to execute a job that requires a tractor you too will say you have one too and then be confused about why the "tractor" doesn't do what other tractors do. Left to you, you will call a bus a car. They both transport people, right? Or a fighter jet a kite. They both fly right? Smh.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
pippimp:

Yes. Call it whatever you like. So that one day when Normal people want to execute a job that requires a tractor you too will say you have one too and then be confused about why the "tractor" doesn't do what other tractors do. Left to you, you will call a bus a car. They both transport people, right? Or a fighter jet a kite. They both fly right? Smh.

Dear, let me lay out my own take on this issue. I don't personally know this Engineer guy. But I am a Design Engineer as well. I also did an Engineering Course in the UK. So I know them inside out. Forget all the chitta-chatter here on NL. I just hide my identity and play dumb.

There is very little room left in the real world for any sort of innovation. There a patents to be crossed. As a Nigerian, there is next to Nothing that you can design/create that the western world have not done. I read their research work in their own University Library and I was scared. The things their students have designed, that are just waiting to be produced. I'm sorry, if you picked up any design book and followed all the principles of design A-Z, 99% of what you think is YOUR innovation, the white man has ALREADY (f***ing) done it.

We are at least 100 years Behind in any direction you choose to look innovation.

This guy making an ass backward tractor, is at the end of the run. There is nowhere else for him to go. But to just attempt this RIDICULOUS design. Ridiculous is the keyword in vehicle design. NORMAL has been in existence for so long that the whole world is BORED.

Give dude some credit. He tried.

You know very well, what our government will do. They well open the borders of Nigeria like a LovePeddler opens herself to any man walking on the street, and import Any and Everything -Tractors and toothpicks inclusive. They will kill this guy's innovation and Plan for mass production (AKA Money), before he even gives birth to it.

Innoson motors is doing nothing more that fitting piece of Lego together. All the car sheet metal parts have already been Press formed in China. They just use selotape to join it together in Nigeria, to create a 3D Digital simulation of "Nigerians are Working". But are all our government officials/police/army/navy supporting the company? No they're still importing Fords, and Peugeot 301s and 4008s. Leaving all our INNOVATIVE youth hopelessly out of jobs and factories closed.

Hence people kidnap, kill, cult, juju, Yahoo, Steal.... Because they are IDLE but need money.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by pippimp(m): 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

Dear, let me lay out my own take on this issue. I don't personally know this Engineer guy. But I am a Design Engineer as well. I also did an Engineering Course in the UK. So I know them inside out. Forget all the chitta-chatter here on NL. I just hide my identity and play dumb.

There is very little room left in the real world for any sort of innovation. There a patents to be crossed. As a Nigerian, there is next to Nothing that you can design/create that the western world have not done. I read their research work in their own University Library and I was scared. The things their students have designed, that are just waiting to be produced. I'm sorry, if you picked up any design book and followed all the principles of design A-Z, 99% of what you think is YOUR innovation, the white man has ALREADY (f***ing) done it.

We are at least 100 years Behind in any direction you choose to look at it.

This guy making an ass backward tractor, is at the end of the run. There is nowhere else for him to go. But to just attempt this RIDICULOUS design. Ridiculous is the keyword in vehicle design. NORMAL has been in existence for so long that the whole world is BORED.

Give dude some credit. He tried.

You know very well, what our government will do. They well open the borders of Nigeria like a LovePeddler opens herself to any man import Any and Everything. Including tractors. They will Kill this guy's innovation and Plan for mass production (AKA Money), before he even gives birth to it.

Since we are throwing around credentials, I am a construction engineer with years of experience operating heavy equipment all over the world. For the purposes of what a tractor does, this is not a tractor. I have no problem with innovation. This is what you do not understand, but calling this what it is not is dangerous for potential patrons. He can label it whatever he wants, but a tractor, it is not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SA Man Without Phone Carries Distressed Seal In Search Of Help (PICS) / World’s Oldest Brewery In Ancient Egyptian City Discovered By Archaeologists / Native Cat Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.