Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

I Need A 1998 Nissan Maxima Grill. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need A 1998 Nissan Maxima Grill. (1535 Views)

A 1998 Toyota Rav4 For Sale.......700k / Babajendo Of NL Pre-Order A 1998 Infiniti QX4 From Fhemmmy Motos **DELIVEREDDD** / I Need A 1998/1999 Toyota Camry Urgently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A 1998 Nissan Maxima Grill. by Dudson: 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2009
Hi all,

I recently lost my 1998 Nissan Maxima grill to a collision that occurred on my way to Warri from PH. My airbags (steering and dash-board) were deployed as a result. Miraculously, apart from one head lamp which I have already changed plus the above mentioned, everything is OK with the car. I'm sick of seeing 'airbag' displaying in the dash-board and need it fixed as well; at least so the light/sign could go away.
Kindly note that I bought this car directly from the US just 3 months ago and still badly in love with it. Anyone with useful info on how to go about solving my problem should please comment or better still mail me at dpgall@yahoo.com.

See pix below.
wink

Re: I Need A 1998 Nissan Maxima Grill. by diehard1: 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2009
i own a similar car, u can go to ladipo market in lagos for the airbags and front grill then reset the airbag light if it does not clear. i doubt if you will find it at ikoku market in PH.

cheers
Re: I Need A 1998 Nissan Maxima Grill. by Dudson: 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2009
Thanks 'D'

Sorry I have been away and only just seeing your post.
Guess I'll try Lag then.
Thanks again.
Re: I Need A 1998 Nissan Maxima Grill. by diehard1: 9:55am On Sep 25, 2009
for the airbag light i cleared mine with this procedure i googled from the net. This will work if your airbags/bag do not have a physical defect in that case replace. You can also go to www.maxima.org for questions regarding maxima. it is a forum. Do not allow electricians work on the dashboard with the intention of clearing lights on the dashboard. Leave all lights and work on the issues so that lights on the board go off on their own. The maxima is a very nice car but electricians can kill it easily.

1) Open the driver's side door.
2) Put the key in the ignition and turn to ON (but don't start the vehicle)
3) Within 7 seconds of turning the key to ON, push the driver's side door switch button at least 5 times.
4) The Air Bag light should go solid, give it at least 7 seconds, and it should begin to blink a 3 second, 2 second on/off pattern.
5) Turn ignition to OFF and remove key.
6) Start vehicle, and wait for the Air Bag light to turn off to verify that it worked
Re: I Need A 1998 Nissan Maxima Grill. by Dudson: 8:59pm On Sep 26, 2009
Thanks again D u're the man!
But would it work since my air bags were deployed as a result of the hit? Do I classify that as a physical defect?
Re: I Need A 1998 Nissan Maxima Grill. by diehard1: 9:53pm On Sep 26, 2009
it will not work, but after replacement it may be flashing so u can use the procedure
Re: I Need A 1998 Nissan Maxima Grill. by Dudson: 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2009
Cool!
Thanks. wink cheesy smiley

(1) (Reply)

2001 Nissan Sentra For Sale: Registered / :1996 Toyota Camry Le(brown Colour)just Cleared From Tincan / 2006 Toyota Corolla Sportage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.