Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Borehole Water Smelling Like Dead Rat - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Borehole Water Smelling Like Dead Rat (20381 Views)

Vet Doctor Warns People Against Use Of Rat Poisons / Smelling Your Partner's Fart Will Prolong Your Life - Scientific Research Claims / Rat Removed From A Patient’s Belly In Abia State (graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borehole Water Smelling Like Dead Rat by meetdavid: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2016
okonja:

You would be able to use any other Nigeria network in it to browse.

Pls contact me
David
Re: Borehole Water Smelling Like Dead Rat by okonja(m): 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
meetdavid:

Pls contact me
David

How do I contact you?, it's easier for you because my number is bodly written on my signature.
Re: Borehole Water Smelling Like Dead Rat by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 06, 2016
i beleive PH lies within the Benin Formation, and most boreholes dugged in this area has shallow water table as the water is evenly distributed thereby making it prone to surface pollution/contamination. if the problem is not from the overhead tank as you stated, then we are probably looking at an aquifer problem and there is nothing much you can do about it. i will suggest you bring in a hydrogeologist to analyse for either the physical or biological parameter that is defficient or in excess. he will know the counter treatment to carry out in the overhead tank before the water is distributed for domestic use. but if you find his services expensive and not whort investing on as a corp member, you can take the best alternative option which is to do nothing and use water from another borehole deaply sunk around your neighborhood.
Re: Borehole Water Smelling Like Dead Rat by akinola001(m): 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
Having it at the back of your mind that
(1)River state is a sedimentary terrain...
(2)Water cycle is a closed cycle.
(3)No Aquifer is self Sustainable. It most be recharge from different sources

Therefore
1. The pollution may be from some kilometres away from your house....e.g landfill, dumpsite, refuse ground...

2.One of your toilet pipes may be liking and via infiltration your water will be polluted.

3. during Drilling something may have dropped into the hole but just having effect on your water..

4. A rat may have died in the pipe that supply you tank( I.e may be it fell into the tank while dry and in the means. of looking for escape root entered into the pipe and suffocate inside.)

Way Forward...
Pump you Borehole water out without sending it to the tank and check the occur..(Get a bucket of water Directly from the Borehole while you have already detached the pipes that supplies the tank...

if it is free of the odour the work on your pipes and tank

if the water(directly) is still smelling...
pump the water away for 24hrs
if the oddur still persist call Drilling companies to flush the hole for you.
Re: Borehole Water Smelling Like Dead Rat by Erenje24(m): 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
Genoma:

But after this, how are you going to remove the dead cat's spirit from the tank. Don't you think the case would be worsened since at first instance you were not responsible for the rat's death, but in this case, you are responsible for the cat's death.
the cat spirit will now start hunting the tank, lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xiaomi Donates Surgical Masks To Ogun State (photos) / Common Medical Fallacies / Jonathan Declares National Emergency On Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.