Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

The Opposite Of Brexit: African Union Launches An All-africa Passport - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Opposite Of Brexit: African Union Launches An All-africa Passport (497 Views)

Brexit: Denmark Tells EU Nationals In UK / How To Become More Attractive To The Opposite Sex And Have More Meaning Relation / Is West African Union University Accredited By NUC Or NOT! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Opposite Of Brexit: African Union Launches An All-africa Passport by Salimmuhammad(m): 5:24am On Jul 02, 2016
On June 13, two weeks before the United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union, the African Union announced a new “single African passport.” The lead-up discussion was much like the original debate on the European Economic Community, the E.U.’s predecessor. African passport proponents say it will boost the continent’s socioeconomic development because it will reduce trade barriers and allow people, ideas, goods, services and capital to flow more freely across borders.

Why is the single African passport important?

The e-Passport is a step toward eliminating borders on the continent, aiming to enable deeper integration, increased trade and further development. Just as important, the passport is a powerful symbol of unity across Africa – and simultaneously a step toward connecting African countries economically and politically.
Re: The Opposite Of Brexit: African Union Launches An All-africa Passport by afanide: 6:05am On Jul 02, 2016
intersting
Re: The Opposite Of Brexit: African Union Launches An All-africa Passport by spass101(m): 6:08am On Jul 02, 2016
I was dicussing this with an uncle of mine & all he could say was 'this is all ways to a one world govt, single currency, anti-christ etc'. But what do I know

(1) (Reply)

See What Happened To Me This Morning! / The Real Story Of The Murdered Nigerian That Fled Because Of Bomo Haram / The Mystery Behind Deja Vu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.