Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Manchester City FC Signs Nolito, Officially Unveils New Club Logo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City FC Signs Nolito, Officially Unveils New Club Logo (1031 Views)

Joe Riley Weds And Signs For New Club On The Same Day / Coventry City FC Terminates Yakubu Aiyegbeni's Contract / NFF Unveils New Jersey For Super Eagles After Signing Multimillion Naira Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City FC Signs Nolito, Officially Unveils New Club Logo by wonda26(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2016
Nolito has become City’s second signing of the summer after agreeing a four-year deal.

The Spain forward joins the Blues from Celta Vigo where he spent three seasons, scoring 39 goals in 103 appearances.

The 29 year-old played for Pep Guardiola at Barcelona, though spent much of his time with the Catalans’ B side from 2008 to 2011.

Able to play as a forward or winger, Nolito – real name Manuel Agudo Duran – began his career with Écija Balompié, playing 76 times between 2006 and 2008.

From there he joined Barcelona B who had just been promoted to the second tier of La Liga under Pep Guardiola who left to coach the first team.

Nolito stayed with Barcelona B for three years, scoring 29 goals in 106 appearances before being promoted to the senior team under Guardiola, making five appearances in the 2010/11 campaign.

With first team opportunities restricted and despite being offered a five-year deal, Nolito opted to join Benfica, enjoying two campaigns with the Portuguese giants for whom he scored 16 goals in 63 starts.

NEW RECRUIT: Nolito signs on a four year deal.

Nolito was loaned to Granada for six months during the 2012/13 campaign before joining Celta Vigo on a permanent deal.

Consistently one of Celta Vigo’s best players, he won his first international call-up at any level aged 28, playing in Spain’s 1-0 defeat to Germany.

After making the preliminary squad for Euro 2016, he scored four goals in two games against Bosnia and South Korea and was named in the final 23-man squad as a result.

Nolito started all three of Spain’s Euro 2016 group matches and also the Round of 16 defeat against Italy.

He is determined to make up for lost time with the national team, saying recently in an interview that he aims to enjoy every minute of the experience.

"I’ll try to bring as much as I possibly can," he said. "I’ll do everything that the manager asks of me, try my absolute best and do everything I can to try to repeat the form I’ve shown throughout my career at various clubs.

"It’s just about trying to play my normal game and let’s hope that I can help Manchester City to win games.

"I think that Pep Guardiola is one of the best managers in the world. He knows a lot about the game and he’s going to help me progress as a player and I’m sure he’ll get the best out of me."

Popular among team-mates and supporters alike, Nolito has battled hard to get to the top and is looking forward to a new chapter in his career.

Nolito will wear the No.9 shirt this season.

His first interview with CityTV is coming up shortly...

http://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/2016/07/01/nolito-signs-for-city/1467215591004

Re: Manchester City FC Signs Nolito, Officially Unveils New Club Logo by Kunleakinpelu00(m): 9:09am On Jul 02, 2016
All of una gbogboyin.I mean all of una for EPL..una go hear am this season[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (Reply)

PREMIER LEAGUE On Bet9ja Free Free To Join Bonus / See The Top 20 Unbelievable Goals Scored From Insanely Unbelievable Angles / BREAKING NEWS – Jose Mourinho Forces Man United Stars To Train In The Car Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.