Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement (55860 Views)

Flood Drowns A Bus As Passengers Fight For Their Lives (Video) / Abuja-kaduna Train Service Records N5m Income In 2 Weeks / Railway Corporation Declares Free Train Service Across Nigeria For 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by slimfit1(m): 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
porka:

Be coherent.

'Others, water, home, killing...'

What are you trying to say?

You thank God because Buhari canceled Jakande's Metroline or what?

Thank God he did cancelled the metro lagos with its rich people still looks like a slump i go to lagos and I know what I'm saying it might look nice to you thou.
The rich and poor don't have common sense would not be able to make the best of it simple. Metro line is not like some easy cheap or car types of maintainance take care and have a nice day.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by obailala(m): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
Rossikk:
I haven't "been to". I have LIVED overseas longer than you've probably been alive, and I can school you on the topic. You have no clue what you are on about. You've not even seen the train physically, or stepped foot in it, yet you're full of criticism? That's insane. That's mad.
Mr Old Man, like I said before, it is meaningless of you to have your own opinion but choose to insult me for having mine. Like I said earlier, whatever you think of it is your bleedy opinion, shove it up your butt or you can just drop your opinion and buzz off. You have absolutely no right to prevent me from having my own opinion based on my own observations and personal experience. I would have expected you to know that in your age. angry
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by otokx(m): 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
only 4 coaches, they should ensure that it can move a minimum of 2000 people, more coaches should be bought.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Subliminals: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
For latest news check. Abeg make una check ooo

http://gistzntrends..com.ng/
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Icecream4U(m): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
They are always refusing to show the front of this train.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by lailo: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
PapaBrowne:
But Jonathan yab sha.
How can he work this wonderful work and allow Buhari and Amaechi take credit despite not putting thier single finger to it.
Lesson to be learned. When you have stuff to do, do it like there's no tomorrow. Start whatever you start and make sure you have capacity to finish it to the best standards or else it will be taken away from you and your enemy will put a badge on it and claim he built it.

Soon Amaechi will go and commission Enugu Airport and also put his badge on it.these projects have been completely paid for under a loan agreement with the Chinese.

FYI, this project was started by Jonathan and not Obj or Yar Adua as some folks are claiming. Obj project was for the LAgos KAno leg that had long been stalled. Also the project has long been completed since Early 2015. The only thing Amaechi did was to approve the payment for compensation for a seminary whose fence had to to be destroyed along the right of way. He delayed the commission so as to take some credit.But it's Ok and way better than the foolery of abandoning a project because it was started by an opposition predecessor.
What d need for all these Ababio Testbook.Just to celebrate a failure?

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by lebete3000: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
dainformant:
Here are new photos of the Abuja-Kaduna train service being tested ahead of its launch for commercial use this month. According to reports, passengers with a valid form of identification boarded a free ride this morning at Idu industrial layout in Abuja.

Meanwhile, the Federal Government will soon acquire more coaches for the Abuja-Kaduna railway service to enable it to cope with the population of commuters plying the route.The Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, said that the four coaches on ground could only convey 380 passengers, while the volume of passengers was much higher.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/07/abuja-kaduna-train-service-offers-free.html

Will the train travel only from Abuja to Kaduna or vice versa?

And they should ensure adequate security there oh cos of suicide bombers
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
PapaBrowne:
But Jonathan yab sha.
How can he work this wonderful work and allow Buhari and Amaechi take credit despite not putting thier single finger to it.
Lesson to be learned. When you have stuff to do, do it like there's no tomorrow. Start whatever you start and make sure you have capacity to finish it to the best standards or else it will be taken away from you and your enemy will put a badge on it and claim he built it.

Soon Amaechi will go and commission Enugu Airport and also put his badge on it.these projects have been completely paid for under a loan agreement with the Chinese.

FYI, this project was started by Jonathan and not Obj or Yar Adua as some folks are claiming. Obj project was for the LAgos KAno leg that had long been stalled. Also the project has long been completed since Early 2015. The only thing Amaechi did was to approve the payment for compensation for a seminary whose fence had to to be destroyed along the right of way. He delayed the commission so as to take some credit.But it's Ok and way better than the foolery of abandoning a project because it was started by an opposition predecessor.
It was not possible for him to abandon it. Believe me if it were, Amaechi will gladly tell the whole world how the project was no feasible or how daughter of charity was paid billions, therefore the project should be scrap

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by ediscuss: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
lets see how long this will last
What do you really want? Just say you couldn't believe this from this government.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by notoriousbabe: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:
Tested by ajebo looking peeps.. hmmm. Of what use is the poor in this country sef? Ehen! Nice coach by the way.
don't mind den,na the shed rent of big mens and womens dem take test am,but if na medicine for aids na people like you and other people dem go take test am cry

1 Like

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by kinzmen: 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
NA Jonathan start the job tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by mmsen: 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:
Tested by ajebo looking peeps.. hmmm. Of what use is the poor in this country sef? Ehen! Nice coach by the way.

'Ajebos' are the only thing that keep Nigeria from descending into total anarchy.

You might want to remember that when you're drinking your garri...

1 Like

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by ediscuss: 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
A welcome development, I pray the honorable minister doesn't forget the south, West and eastern part of the country. Please remember where you come from.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:

I think aay na only me see am ohh. Se their fine faces

1 Like

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
mmsen:

'Ajebos' are the only thing that keep Nigeria from descending into total anarchy.

You might want to remember that when you're drinking your garri...

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by livebiz: 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
jieta:
thank GOD. this is how govt is suppose to be working,it should be a conteneous process.kudos to both GEJ and BUHARI
Thank you, kudos to both GEJ and BUHARI. Pls let's us learn to pray for our leaders and let us shield our sword and be brothers

1 Like

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by PaulAdeka(m): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:

Exactly what i was about to say! Nice observation!

1 Like

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
All I see are desperate comments finally seeing something good to celebrate about PMB since their failed attempt at apportioning improved power generation to his body odor last year

GEJ was a very foolish leader to have not started similar projects in SS and SE where roads are perennially overstretched

Please when PMB starts the new rail projects I will celebrate.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
Oh Yeah!
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by redcap: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
eiBADAn:
GEJ started it, PMB commissioned it. What matters? It wasn't abandoned.

You can't possibly abandon a completed project.

1 Like

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Chibuhealth(f): 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
Beeman1:
Good.

God bless PMB and Ameachi

God bless APC and their supporters

Thunder fire PDP and their supporters

God bless Nigeria

where is that anti good things call SeverusSnape? u can also go to hell for all we care.
which PMB? God bless GEJ and PEJ. Amechi my foot

3 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by erayo2GCA(m): 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:

Whr d ajebo?
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by lailo: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
porka:

Kid, you lie!

Obasanjo awarded the contract.

Yaradua stalled it, for reasons best known to him. He canceled Lagos-Kano and Port Harcourt- Maiduguri out rightly.

Jonathan revived and executed it within 3 years.

We thank God that this project was already completed before Buhari took office. He would have canceled it as he is known to cancel all good things. He canceled Alhaji Lateef Jakande's Lagos Metroline project without blinking.
Quoting you---Jonathan completed it-------and he could not commission what he completed.What would have even be d only project he did in 6 years.I beg fear God nah.Do u know how much APC gov spent on dat project to complete it?Ref-2016 budget.Jonathan started doing rush rush after it was clear to him he would lose election and yet he could not even finish it,despite remaining in office after election loss.U need to tell me how much u also chop 4rm our yam if after all d evil dis pple did,u're still celebrating them?

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by jrusky(m): 2:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
Beeman1:
Good.

God bless APC and their supporters

Thunder fire PDP and their supporters

God bless Nigeria

where is that anti good things call SeverusSnape? u can also go to hell for all we care.

Hahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy too funny you so it's APC and Amaechi who now construction what was already begun by the past administration bro always follow up events before doing call out on anybody as a matter of No thank to any damn APC or Amaechi it's typical of you party taken glory in peoples success do a flash back on Lagos state issue then you will understand where I'm coming from. That train was never APC or Amaechi plan or project ok go and get the fact. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by anonimi: 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
Beeman1:
Good.

Truly, God bless Buhari for not CANCELLING the project as he did in 1984 for Lagos metro rail after sending Jakande to jail.
God bless Amechi also for not stealing the money and ABANDONING the project as he did with the PH light rail.
Obviously Jonathan had advanced the project way beyond what could be abandoned, not so
Overall, CONTINUITY of good projects inherited from previous administration is good for all at every level- local, state and federal.

Splashme:
The first civilian governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, on Tuesday, said that the cancellation of the Lagos metroline project in 1985 was a major mistake and disservice to many Nigerians.

Jakande spoke in Lagos during the launch of a book which chronicled his life in politics and journalism.

The book, entitled, ‘Jakande: Leadership in Action’ is written by Dr. Bola Olaosebikan, who told the audience at the event that the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), was not responsible for the cancellation of the project.

Jakande said, “Reflecting on the metroline project, I think it is a major disservice to many Nigerians. Imagine how many people would have benefitted. It would have made life easier and changed the face of transport in Lagos. Whoever cancelled it or gave the advice towards its cancellation didn’t do right.”

The former governor asked Nigerians not to vote for unserious leaders in the coming polls, saying the elections presented Nigerians with a good opportunity that should not be squandered.

Expressing the hope that Nigeria would soon overcome its developmental challenges, Jakande said hope would be actualised faster if credible people emerged as leaders in the next dispensation.

He said, “This book comes at a very auspicious time in Nigeria’s history as we need leaders who can act. We need leaders who would not compromise the standards of good governance. God has blessed this nation the most in Africa, although we have not reached where we should be; with the right leaders, Nigeria would overcome its challenges.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/cancelling-metroline-a-major-mistake-jakande/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836

Kenai:
The Rivers Monorail has already arrived...

And it's about to take off...
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570278_images-4_jpeg_jpeg2ce038dbd0b51d8e59b0a0d616a6e40b[/img]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570371_screenshot_2014-07-23-16-07-14_png29b18d0d659492af789f2e7a9401cc15[/img]

... To outer space.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by ashjay001(m): 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:

Put ur mind at rest, in Abuja, everybody na 'ajebo'. U really need to come and see d slums some of them come out from!

Everyone in Abj tend to dress well and look good.

1 Like

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by lagosrd: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
Kudos to ex president Jonathan and maybe Buhari sha
but not ameachi.

1 Like

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by wickyyolo: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
Beeman1:
Don't mind d Wailers/Ipod zombies, as if na GEJ started d whole thing? mtcheww
so buhari built a train station within one year with no budget ? okay oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Perfectionist11: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
Nice..but I was expecting world class trains...patiently waiting 4 d time our Govt wud decide Nigerians are worthy of world class stuffs..
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by rozayx5(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
[size=25pt]
sai gej

[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by LydayBobo(m): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2016
obailala:
A simple common sense scenario...

If Mr AAA orders 10 plates of peppersoup and big stout for his friends. After enjoying the treat, Mr BBB is required to pay the bill.

Who shall we thank for the meal?.... Mr AAA or Mr BBB?

Now just to clarify something you said up there, OBJ signed the contract for both the Abuja to Kaduna and Lagos to Kano lines with the Chinese. Yaradua came in, suspended the project on the basis of irregularities and then passed on later. GEJ then resurrected the project, paid the counterpart fund (while the Chinese sponsored the rest) and the project was executed.

Even with the project being completed largely, Buhari still had to spend over N15 billion in the 2016 budget for this very Abuja to Kaduna project to completely seal the job before its operation. Currently, Buhari has also just released part of the counterpart funds (up to N120billion paid this year) for the Lagos to Kano and Lagos to Calabar lines.

So please Papa Browne, let us quit these immature "it is GEJ's project" rants. Government is a continuum and every one has had their own roles to play and even if God willing, Buhari completes the Lagos-Kano and Lagos to Calabar lines, even in the next 15 to 20 years, successive governments would still be stuck paying back the loans. Neither GEJ nor OBJ nor Buhari has these projects cos the projects aren't being paid for from their personal pockets. Thanks.
I hereby nominate you for role of Nairaland moderator.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Samlyk(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
A good development...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's 'Michael Jackson' Directs Traffic In Maiduguri / Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / 12 Thailand Kids And Their Coach Found Alive After 9 Days In The Cave(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.