Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Women Prayer(solat)...i Need Some Explanation. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Women Prayer(solat)...i Need Some Explanation. (714 Views)

Lunar Eclipse: How Is Lunar Eclipse Prayer (solat Kusoof) Performed? / The Medical Benefits Of Sajdah (Prostration During Solat) / Common Mistakes In Prayers (solat). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Prayer(solat)...i Need Some Explanation. by adejaresalami1(m): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
There is an hadith that say every part of a woman should be covered

Awrah of a woman must be covered and her Awrah is all her body except the face, palms and feet.

[24:31] And tell the believing women that they must lower their gazes and guard their private parts, and must not expose their adornment, except that which appears thereof, and must wrap their bosoms with their shawls, and must not expose their adornment.

Will a woman solat be valid if she doesn't cover her face?
Re: Women Prayer(solat)...i Need Some Explanation. by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 07, 2016
When a woman is praying her whole body is ‘awrah and she must cover all of her body except her face, if there are no non-mahram men present.

If she is alone or with men who are her mahrams, then she may uncover her face when praying.

But if she is in the presence of non-mahram men, then she should cover her face when praying and at other times, because the face is ‘awrah.

Allah Knows Best'
Re: Women Prayer(solat)...i Need Some Explanation. by Nobody: 4:53am On Jul 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:
When a woman is praying her whole body is ‘awrah and she must cover all of her body except her face, if there are no non-mahram men present.

If she is alone or with men who are her mahrams, then she may uncover her face when praying.

But if she is in the presence of non-mahram men, then she should cover her face when praying and at other times, because the face is ‘awrah.

Allah Knows Best'

My guess that is you go with the opinion that niqab is obligatory
Re: Women Prayer(solat)...i Need Some Explanation. by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 16, 2016
Contact17:

My guess that is you go with the opinion that niqab is obligatory

Na'am, how bout you?
Re: Women Prayer(solat)...i Need Some Explanation. by zeyney(f): 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Na'am, how bout you?
niqub obligatory?
Re: Women Prayer(solat)...i Need Some Explanation. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
zeyney:

niqub obligatory?

Na'am.....although some scholars(like shaykh Albani) says its not but it's recommended, both sides has their proofs on which they rely on...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Prayer(solat)...i Need Some Explanation. by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Na'am, how bout you?

I don't go with the opinion that the niqab is obligatory
Re: Women Prayer(solat)...i Need Some Explanation. by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 17, 2016
zeyney:

niqub obligatory?

Depends on the view that you follow. The scholars differed on that, and both views that the niqab is sunnah or obligatory are accepted.
Usually when scholars differ, we base our opinion on

1) The opinion that is safer

2) The expert on the matter- for example if two scholars differ on the interpretation of a hadith- then I will follow whichever of them is an expert of hadiths (I am honestly trying to word it right).

3) The opinion that is easier

4) The righteous appearance of the scholars- Which of the scholars appear to be more righteous.

I would say the best ways is avoiding 3&4 and following the opinions are safer and the experts view. Even better,just research on both views and make a decision based on that. For example, I have absolutely no doubt that women are suppose to cover their feet when they go out.I learnt that there is some difference of opinion ( last time I checked which was a long time ago) but I am totally convinced that the most correct opinion is covering the feet.

1 Like

Re: Women Prayer(solat)...i Need Some Explanation. by zeyney(f): 5:13am On Jul 17, 2016
Contact17:

Depends on the view that you follow. The scholars differed on that, and both views that the niqab is sunnah or obligatory are accepted.
Usually when scholars differ, we base our opinion on

1) The opinion that is safer

2) The expert on the matter- for example if two scholars differ on the interpretation of a hadith- then I will follow whichever of them is an expert of hadiths (I am honestly trying to word it right).

3) The opinion that is easier

4) The righteous appearance of the scholars- Which of the scholars appear to be more righteous.

I would say the best ways is avoiding 3&4 and following the opinions are safer and the experts view. Even better,just research on both views and make a decision based on that. For example, I have absolutely no doubt that women are suppose to cover their feet when they go out.I learnt that there is some difference of opinion ( last time I checked which was a long time ago) but I am totally convinced that the most correct opinion is covering the feet.

yea d correct opinion on DAT covering d feet is compulsory while for DAT of d face there is difference of opinion but if d muslimmah knows DAT her face is going to cause fitnah den it shud b covered or otherwise say in her house.may Allah make it easy on we d muslimmah

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful 99 Names Of Allah With Translation And Quranic Usage / How Does Islam Treat Women? / Advice To All Muslims: As Ramadan Winds Off:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.