Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone (2642 Views)

Bed Bugs In My House: Any Remedy? / Home Remedy For Ladies Trying To Conceive (TTC) / Woman Swallows More Than $7,000 To Keep Cash From Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by Rickcutie(m): 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
Whats the best remedy when one mistakenly swallows a bone, e.g a fish bone. How does one go about it in order to remove it from the throat?

Cc lalasticlala
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by AbbieGee1(f): 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
Say hi to God and angel michael there for me grin

#AbbieWasHere cool
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by HungerBAD: 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
Swallow a large lump of Eba.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by okonja(m): 1:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
Rickcutie:
Whats the best remedy when one mistakenly swallows a bone, e.g a fish bone. How does one go about it in order to remove it from the throat?

Just make/buy Eba, and swallow it without soup, its gonna remove it one-time wink
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by Adeyeancah(m): 2:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
AbbieGee1:
Say hi to God and angel michael there for me grin

#AbbieWasHere cool
why don't you try swallow one for yourself if u really want to see God and Angel Micheal? angry
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
Drink lots of water.
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by Dfinex(f): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
lolsss....it all depends on the size of the bone . if it's tiny - u can try throwing up. but if it's a big one. ..U have to prepare ur mind for the torture that's coming ur way...hahaha

reminds me of when I was choked some years back : I am from a community where we eat a lot of fresh fishes that has plenty bones . so I thought I had become an expert (that I can easily remove the bone), but i swear this case was different.
gawd!!! I almost died.....this bone come out na e no gree, oyaa kuku enter my belle for where. it just got stuck in between my throat and my chest.... (the feeling was like a blade ran through my chest ) I couldn't breath.

It became funny when I had to seek help and I went to a drug store to see if there was anything they could do to help eliminate the bone and the guy told me that there's actually nothing they could do. ...lolsss, nna come see heart attack. Na so I start beg this guy o....insisting that there must be something they can do ( yours truly didn't know the guy was a quack )....finally he told me to go and swallow eba. ...lolsss (it sounded weird to me) however I succeeded in convincing him that I have done all that.

After seeing that I'm not willing to give up, he went inside mixed some things and told me some gibberish. ..promising they will help take out the bone. Na so I happy rush go house, go swallow the drugs.
as I take am finish na so I begin feel weak and drowsy, in fact I spent the rest of the day sleeping, waking up and eating in a cycle.
Chisos !! ! the guy gave me super appetite. ....lolsss, when I realized this : na so I matched down to the store like a wounded lion.....anger was written all over my face. I stormed the place and I gave him the attack of his life....only for him to apologize, saying that he didn't know what to do to assist but my insistence made him give me those drugs. ...walahi I almost slapped that guy!!!

Back to the bone. ....I didn't know how it disappeared after more than three days of torture and starvation. ..I think it was a miracle.

so I'm using this medium to invite the doctors, medical personnel, nurses, etc here to chip in some medical advices that will help.

1 Like

Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by Rickcutie(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
Dfinex:
lolsss....it all depends on the size of the bone . if it's tiny - u can try throwing up. but if it's a big one. ..U have to prepare ur mind for the torture that's coming ur way...hahaha

reminds me of when I was choked some years back : I am from a community where we eat a lot of fresh fishes that has plenty bones . so I thought I had become an expert (that I can easily remove the bone), but i swear this case was different.
gawd!!! I almost died.....this bone come out na e no gree, oyaa kuku enter my belle for where. it just got stuck in between my throat and my chest.... (the feeling was like a blade ran through my chest ) I couldn't breath.

It became funny when I had to seek help and I went to a drug store to see if there was anything they could do to help eliminate the bone and the guy told me that there's actually nothing they could do. ...lolsss, nna come see heart attack. Na so I start beg this guy o....insisting that there must be something they can do ( yours truly didn't know the guy was a quack )....finally he told me to go and swallow eba. ...lolsss (it sounded weird to me) however I succeeded in convincing him that I have done all that.

After seeing that I'm not willing to give up, he went inside mixed some things and told me some gibberish. ..promising they will help take out the bone. Na so I happy rush go house, go swallow the drugs.
as I take am finish na so I begin feel weak and drowsy, in fact I spent the rest of the day sleeping, waking up and eating in a cycle.
Chisos !! ! the guy gave me super appetite. ....lolsss, when I realized this : na so I matched down to the store like a wounded lion.....anger was written all over my face. I stormed the place and I gave him the attack of his life....only for him to apologize, saying that he didn't know what to do to assist but my insistence made him give me those drugs. ...walahi I almost slapped that guy!!!

Back to the bone. ....I didn't know how it disappeared after more than three days of torture and starvation. ..I think it was a miracle.

so I'm using this medium to invite the doctors, medical personnel, nurses, etc here to chip in some medical advices that will help.
Sighs.. Similar thing has happened to me several times. After d pains and struggles d bone eventually came out by luck. Really dont know d best remedy for such situation especially if it happens to kids
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by AbbieGee1(f): 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
Adeyeancah:
why don't you try swallow one for yourself if u really want to see God and Angel Micheal? angry
tongue

1 Like

Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by GodnGold: 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
Sorry dear,try licking salt but not much.

1 Like

Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by Dfinex(f): 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
Rickcutie:
Sighs.. Similar thing has happened to me several times. After d pains and struggles d bone eventually came out by luck. Really dont know d best remedy for such situation especially if it happens to kids

lolsss. ...several times? hmmm...after that torture I learnt to be cautious. ....nna I no fit shout.

as for kids. ..I will advise that we go the extra mile when making their dishes by scaling and filleting the fishes properly. ..so as to avoid these tales. cos it will be so painful for a child to experience such.

we still await advice from the professionals
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by breadplanets(f): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
put a cube of sugar in your mouth. Allow it to melt slowly and swallow d saliva as it comes up. Goodluck,
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by An0nimus: 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
Rickcutie:

Cc lalasticlala

If I mistakenly swallow a bone, I'll expect it to stay swallowed. Except you mean if it gets stuck in my throat.
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by Rickcutie(m): 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
An0nimus:

If I mistakenly swallow a bone, I'll expect it to stay swallowed. Except you mean if it gets stuck in my throat.
Yeah, if it gets stuck in d throat. How do u remove it?
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by Rickcutie(m): 9:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
breadplanets:
put a cube of sugar in your mouth. Allow it to melt slowly and swallow d saliva as it comes up. Goodluck,
Ok. Thanks
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by breadplanets(f): 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
op how far?
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by An0nimus: 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
Rickcutie:
Yeah, if it gets stuck in d throat. How do u remove it?

1. I don't talk
2. I drink water.
3. Swallow eba if 2 don't work.

Never got a bone stuck in my throat so bad I needed to do more than the above.
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by JAkpayen(m): 4:15am On Jul 04, 2016
GodnGold:
Sorry dear,try licking salt but not much.
@OP Take a pinch of salt. It helps so much to dissolved the bone
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by Rickcutie(m): 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
breadplanets:
op how far?
I'm gud.
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by general111(m): 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
JAkpayen:

@OP Take a pinch of salt. It helps so much to dissolved the bone
does it really work?
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by prettysassygirl(f): 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
Rickcutie:

Cc lalasticlala
cough wella
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by oluafam: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dfinex:

The feeling of pains wasn't the bone, it was the injury caused by the bone.
It happened to dh last year. We first went to a private hospital and we were referred to a government hospital. At the government hospital, we were asked to do x-ray-nothing was found. He was given some medications to help his Injured throat( caused by bone)heal faster. In less than 3days, he was fine.
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by Dfinex(f): 2:53am On Jul 06, 2016
oluafam:
The feeling of pains wasn't the bone, it was the injury caused by the bone.
It happened to dh last year. We first went to a private hospital and we were referred to a government hospital. At the government hospital, we were asked to do x-ray-nothing was found. He was given some medications to help his Injured throat( caused by bone)heal faster. In less than 3days, he was fine.

ok , that's good to know. ....I really can't remember, but in my case the pain was so excruciating that I could swear the bone was still stuck in my throat....lolsss
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by AngelicM: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
Just take a salt or tilt ur head and put a small amount of salt in ur throat.the salt melt d sticky spittle like it does with snail.
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by haftob(m): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
Get a person dat do drink ogogoro very well to exhale with his mouth into ur mouth. The bone will go down immediately.
Re: What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone by Nobody: 1:59am On Jul 07, 2016
angry Reason why I hate fish till date.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ejaculating In Less Than 2 Minutes Heeelllpppp! / Is Public Breastfeeding Appropriate? / Woman Divorce Talkative Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.