Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True (8096 Views)

English Sentences That Sound Crazy But Are Actually Correct / Words That Sound Like Opposite But Are Actually Synonyms / 12 Facts That Sound Like A Lie, But Are Actually True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 03, 2016
Dfinex:

I'm sorry sir. apologies for the slip up.

but why u come dey yell at me na? ...na my fault say na that type of phone u dey use?
u must be a fool 4 quoting evrythng... Foolish fool
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by Dfinex(f): 6:21am On Jul 03, 2016
Denizsmart:
u must be a fool 4 quoting evrythng... Foolish fool

must u display ur bad mannerisms every where u go?

why am I even bothered, I just discovered u are a toddler. ....mtcheeeeeeew!!!
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 03, 2016
Eating dead bodies? No wonder they came here with so many diseases.
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by Sulejmani: 8:11am On Jul 03, 2016
Crazy but true, those are the characteristics of the then...
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by stiflerdrug: 9:59am On Jul 03, 2016
That no 34 tho angry sad

Oya dem don run go check amam gringrin
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by highdeeme: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2016
download Highdee's own very First Single (jabole Cover) www.picosong.com/xbP2
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by jamalnation(m): 11:30am On Jul 03, 2016
Ladies been lying since the year 0BC
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by Slimberry1(f): 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
Viktor1983:
The people of old were stup!d AF....
grin
Thanks donasere for laying these facts bare here..

They were not stupid as at that epoch,situations around them affected their thinking, if you were born during that epoch, you would be like that or even be worse.
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by tempem: 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
MarshallDwayne:
RELIGION, "killing the innocent since 4000bc!"

False Religion. Get it straight.
Does the logic, that, due to pain, you shouldn't give someone pain killers sound reasonable to you? No it doesn't, I guessed.
Can't people get you wrong, even when what you meant is far from that? It happens. So, they must have probably misunderstood issue of pain that comes with labour
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by Subliminals: 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
Check it out for gists

http://gistzntrends..com/
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by freecocoa(f): 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2016
All these million million people that were supposedly killed is kinda hard to believe, though.
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by Viktor1983(m): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
Slimberry1:

They were not stupid as at that epoch,situations around them affected their thinking, if you were born during that epoch, you would be like that or even be worse.

I'm glad I wasn't born then..

1 Like

Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by bayodele73(m): 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
HURRAY!!!
MTN 1gig is now 700 NAIRA ONLY With 1 full month VALIDITY On ACEDATA. 2GB - N1300 4GB - N2600 5GB - N3200 CALL/TEXT/WHATSAPP: 07034765350
Re: 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True by Natifa(f): 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
donasere:

5. Before the mid-19th century dentures
were commonly made with teeth pulled from
the mouths of dead soldiers.
Scott Barbour / Via Getty Image News

gross

6. Roman Emperor Gaius made his beloved
horse a senator.

hilarious

15. The Romans used human urine as
mouthwash.

unthinkable
17. Before becoming pope, Pius II wrote a
popular erotic book , The Tale of Two Lovers .

ironic

21. Animals were put on trial in medieval
times and routinely sentenced to death.

Awkward

30. In 1917, Margaret Sanger was jailed for
one month for establishing the first birth
control clinic.

and soon, if a woman does not adopt any birth control method, she will be jailed

36. In the 16th and 17th century wealthy
Europeans ate corpses thinking they’d cure
them of ailments.

37. They even ate the remains of Egyptian
mummies, which tomb raiders risked their
lives to steal.

unbelievable!

39. Vlad also enjoyed sopping up his enemies’
blood with bread and eating it. This disturbing
practice, along with his family name of
Dracula and birthplace of Transylvania,
inspired Bram Stoker’s Dracula .

quite disturbing

44. Child killer and rapist Pedro Lopez, known
as “The Monster of the Andes,” was
convicted in 1983 of killing 110 young girls
(though he confessed to killing 300).

extremely unacceptable

47. Prior to the 1960s tobacco companies
ran physician-endorsed ads that suggested
smoking had health benefits.
rilli?

50. In colonial America pregnant women didn’t
receive painkillers during delivery because
pain was considered God’s punishment for
Eve’s eating of the apple
quite funny.

(1) (2) (Reply)

“small But Mighty”, Meet The Shortest Sug President In Nigeria (photos) / Ahmadu Bello University (a B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Courses Available . / Photos: Nigerian Students Protest Against INEC’s Poor Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.