Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) (3406 Views)

Nigerian Army Fight IPOB At Enugu-abakaliki Express Way (photos) / Police And Army Fight Over Ramadan Rice At IDP, Maiduguri / Soldier Carrying Sand After Kiling Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by jonhemma11: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
As shared by Abubakar Mohammed Kareto on Facebook.....

Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Off Boko Haram in Borno

A young man from Borno have brought patriotism to a whole new level. Muazu Alhaji Misiya, a banker from Borno voluntarily quit his job and put his life at risk to help Nigerian troops fight off Boko Haram terrorists in Borno State.

Muazu is currently the commander for the Civilian Joint Task Force in Bama, Borno State. While speaking with him, he said he quit his job of over 7 years with First Bank on 19th of May 2016, because he couldn’t get enough time to volunteer due to the demanding nature of his job.

Muazu who worked at First Bank and lived with his 2 wives and 6 children in Bama town took part in various operations, helping the Nigerian army to combat boko haram in the region.

According to him “I am volunteering because i want to help, we do not get paid whatsoever. We used to receive a token of around 10,000 Naira a month from the Nigerian Army, but now we barely get 4000 or 5000 Naira” But we are not doing it for the money and have never expected any money in return. As a matter of fact, We use our own cars and fuel them ourselves. i also travel all the way down to Gombe to purchase my own cartridges for around 13 thousand Naira”

Being a local, he knew people who knew people and had access to information. He is reported to be one of the first people to provide the Army with valuable information on  Boko Haram’s hiding places as well as their secrets. As expected, there have been several attempts to assassinate him, but he has survived all these attacks.

See photos above

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/nigerian-banker-quits-job-to-help-army.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by jonhemma11: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2016

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by jonhemma11: 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
jonhemma11:
More
More

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by Disneylady(f): 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
K
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by honeygirl17: 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
Good for him, i f any of my brothers tries such, I will know what to do then.
Good luck hero!
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by Ahmed0336(m): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
honeygirl17:

Good luck hero!
lols, you funny

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by 7agaza(m): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by klassykute(m): 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
see mind god..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by chigoizie7(m): 2:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
Good for him.

If he doesn't join in the fights to save his people, who will?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by juliuscapps(m): 2:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
A patriotic citizen.. Ride on smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by darkenkach(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
I wish I can quit my job for a similar course.
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by honeygirl17: 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ahmed0336:
lols, you funny
I'm serious, after we manage train them finish, one of them go come say na boko haram him want go fight.....make him gegely calculate all I spend give me before him start that rough play.....

Prince William go Iraq abi Iran, watin stop our politicians children from fighting boko haram?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
hmmmmmmmm.
seeing patriotic news that challenge my patriotism since yesterday.
a phd scholar student wanting to come back home from Russia to impact knowledge, a banker resigning from his job this year(economic crisis) to fight war, these are heights I wish I can also achieve for my nation, and I will definitely prove it too someday sometime very soon.
I believe all the e-warriors should learn something from these duo, Nigeria is not working not because of the system, but because everyone of us fails in making it work.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by uwagimboo: 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
If Nigerian Army can boast of 10-20% of such men in their force, believe Me, Nigeria can conquer "Russia" talkless bokobunkumharam.

Wish him God's protection..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by babdap: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
Is either he was sacked recently or others wives of his father had succeeded in destroying his destiny.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by Legbo6: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
This is absolute suicide mission, this is self murder attempt, northerners

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
Wonderful.
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by carammel(f): 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
The fear of sack in the banking industry. grin
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by ezera(m): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
Buhari should show same patriotism too. We need him in sambisa.
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by babyfaceafrica: 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
Nice one..kudos bro!!
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by gozmok1(m): 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
and he thinks the zoo worth it
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by idupaul: 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
honeygirl17:

Good luck hero!

Me too
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
hmmmmmmmm.
seeing patriotic news that challenge my patriotism since yesterday.
a phd scholar student wanting to come back home from Russia to impact knowledge, a banker resigning from his job this year(economic crisis) to fight war, these are heights I wish I can also achieve for my nation, and I will definitely prove it too someday sometime very soon.
I believe all the e-warriors should learn something from these duo, Nigeria is not working not because of the system, but because everyone of us fails in making it work.
blablabla... can u leave nairaland for just a minute?
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by MrEverest(m): 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
I hope he knows what he is doing, I wont like to hear stories that touch.
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by thelastmediator: 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
This is the height of patrotism, he deserves a national honour not those feeding fat on our national cake

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by EazyMoh(m): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
That's very impressive. We all must do our part to move this great country forward.
Arise O compatriots!
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by westlius(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
I knw dat dis guy would be @ road block to make some money if not hw will his wives and 2kids survive
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by gbadexy(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
Speechless!
Let me try formulate one. It's obvious he is passionate about what he does.
May God protect him.
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by 989900: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
And some legislators feel entitled.
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by DeWorlex45(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
westlius:
I knw dat dis guy would be @ road block to make some money if not hw will his wives and 2kids survive
6 children, nt 2
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
odudukoko:
blablabla... can u leave nairaland for just a minute?
can you pls explain yourself? and who told you I live my life online?
Re: Nigerian Banker Quits Job To Help Army Fight Boko Haram In Borno State(photos) by cirmuell(m): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
He looks fit and gallant than most of our men in uniform, especially the police. Kudos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happening Now!! Tension In Aba.. Soldiers Shooting Sporadically / Video: Children Sprayed With Chemicals As Kano Street Is Being Fumigated / Herdsmen Rampage: Obasanjo Sends A Strong Message To Buhari: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.