Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu (33548 Views)

Ondo APC Governorship Tussle: Abraham Floors Akeredolu At Appeal Court / Abia State: Ikpeazu And Ogah Know Fate Today. / Appeal Court Orders ‘status-quo’ In Abia Governorship Tussle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by AngryNigerian(m): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Their hope is to see the eventual winner defect to their failed party wey EDO people wan pursue for September

Wetin be dah ya name...Ngozi, abi??

Give him another round of hot grasscutter peppersoup & a bottle of Andre!!!

Acan wait for September oooo!!! That devil is a Lai! No...is an Osho! ...he must pack plus lara & all im kaya, plus all im supporters OUT! of Edo Govt House!!!
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by onatisi(m): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother imagine the kind people wey de run for election na
trust me,these ppl are just buffons . The issue is we have to do something about this situation,they are all the same . The governor presented a forged document,the person that took him to court too has a fraud case
What is the difference between the two of them

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by DEAFandDUMB(f): 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
mikaelzX:

'legis obtinet in terra' meaning?
My Latin way of saying "let the laws of the land prevail".

razumjeti?
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by miqos02(m): 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
hmmm
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by mikaelzX(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:
My Latin way of saying "let the laws of the land prevail".
razumjeti?
where are you from dear? grin
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by yoribo: 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
[size=28pt] Nigeria has many problems, how can court give order to INEC to issue certificate to a man who did not pertispate in the state general election. This how they cause confusion. How about the man that came second in state election. If they remove ikpazu now they should conduct another fresh state general election featuring ogah as PDP standard bearer. That is my own. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by DEAFandDUMB(f): 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
mikaelzX:

where are you from dear? grin

Nigeria.. And you?
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by MrHenshaw: 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
We are all aware that Justice Okon Abang of Federal High Court, Abuja on Monday granted the relief of Mr Uche Ogah to be declared as the legitimate candidate of PDP in Abia state 2015 gubernatorial election and Governor of Abia state having found incumbent Governor Okezie Ikpeazu guilty of tax clearance forgery, and thereby ineligible to stand for the said election.

In accordance with the judgement, the Independent National Electoral Commission nullified the Certificate of Return it had earlier granted to Okezie Ikpeazu and issued Mr Ogah a fresh certificate of return. Though Ikpeazu has appealed the judgement, there is somewhat a quagmire in the state.

While both men are laying claim to the coveted seat in Abia state, I see a possibility of Barrister Friday Nwosu emerging the new Governor at the end of the drama.

HOW FN NWOSU MAY EMERGE GOVERNOR
During the December 2014 PDP Primary election, Okezie Ikpeazu(the now incumbent) came first with 487; Uche Ogah scored 103 votes coming second; former labour minister Emeka Wogu had 33 votes coming third; Barr FN Nwosu scored 5 votes along with Acho Nwakanma.

While Acho Nwakama defected to All Progressive Congress after the PDP primary to emerge the party's Deputy Governorship Candidate, Mr Emeka Wogu left PDP for APC after the General election, leaving Barr Nwosu as the legally second runner-up in the primary.

Should the Appeal and Supreme courts uphold the verdict of the High Court that sacked Okezie Ikpeazu, it means Ogah is the next in line being the first runner up in the December 2014 Primary.

Considering that Mr Ogah is also facing criminal charge before a Tinubu Magistrate’s Court, Lagos, for alleged fraud, and if convicted he will himself be disqualified and face jail term.

Should the above happen, it means that the lawful second runner-up Barr Friday Nwosu shall be declared the legitimate PDP candidate in the Abia 2015 Governorship election, and the Governor of Abia state.

Like I told members of my Palmchat social circle, May Justice prevail in Abia state, God's own state.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by Charly68: 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
If Orga enters Govt house before criminal case is decided,it means immunity will cover him till he finishes his term of office . I stand to be corrected though..what I pity most is the idea of somebody who is under criminal charges in court now governing a state like Abia..that is one chance bus again..they will go back to a state of coma like the tenure of the senator that did nothing for 8 years while in government.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by iswallker(m): 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
It doesn't work that way bro as long as the case was instituted BEFORE he became Governor. Otherwise, IKPEAZU would have been let off the hook owing to immunity.

Gentleman read where he said "not bothering on his emergence as governor"...

Ikpeazus case of forgery has a direct relationship with his emergence as governor... grin

The same cannot be said of orgars forgery case... sad

So which point do you have again.... grin
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by MrHenshaw: 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
Likei:

indeed, he is repiaring all the roads in his home town, while the rest of the state is left to .deteriorate. and workers are not being paid. ikpeazu must go.
#uropinion.
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
AngryNigerian:

Wetin be dah ya name...Ngozi, abi??

Give him another round of hot grasscutter peppersoup & a bottle of Andre!!!

Acan wait for September oooo!!! That devil is a Lai! No...is an Osho! ...he must pack plus lara & all im kaya, plus all im supporters OUT! of Edo Govt House!!!
iseeeeeee
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by Onyeani5million(m): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
We are all aware that Justice Okon Abang of Federal High Court, Abuja on Monday granted the relief of Mr Uche Ogah to be declared as the legitimate candidate of PDP in Abia state 2015 gubernatorial election and Governor of Abia state having found incumbent Governor Okezie Ikpeazu guilty of tax clearance forgery, and thereby ineligible to stand for the said election.

In accordance with the judgement, the Independent National Electoral Commission nullified the Certificate of Return it had earlier granted to Okezie Ikpeazu and issued Mr Ogah a fresh certificate of return. Though Ikpeazu has appealed the judgement, there is somewhat a quagmire in the state.

While both men are laying claim to the coveted seat in Abia state, I see a possibility of Barrister Friday Nwosu emerging the new Governor at the end of the drama.

During the December 2014 PDP Primary election, Okezie Ikpeazu(the now incumbent) came first with 487; Uche Ogah scored 103 votes coming second; former labour minister Emeka Wogu had 33 votes coming third; Barr FN Nwosu scored 5 votes along with Acho Nwakanma.

While Acho Nwakama defected to All Progressive Congress after the PDP primary to emerge the party's Deputy Governorship Candidate, Mr Emeka Wogu left PDP for APC after the General election, leaving Barr Nwosu as the legally second runner-up in the primary.

Should the Appeal and Supreme courts uphold the verdict of the High Court that sacked Okezie Ikpeazu, it means Ogah is the next in line being the first runner up in the December 2014 Primary.

Considering that Mr Ogah is also facing criminal charge before a Tinubu Magistrate’s Court, Lagos, for alleged fraud, and if convicted he will himself be disqualified and face jail term.

Should the above happen, it means that the lawful second runner-up Barr Friday Nwosu shall be declared the legitimate PDP candidate in the Abia 2015 Governorship election, and the Governor of Abia state.

Like I told members of my Palmchat social circle, May Justice prevail in Abia state, God's own state.

if a governor must go the person who contested the Governorship election with Ikpeazu is the rightful person to take over because citizens voted for him though he lost. is it not better that Alex Otti is sworn in as Governor than someone no one voted for. or are they saying PDP primaries is Abia state governorship election? i dont understand Nigerian laws and politics.
[
Allex Otti is the rightful person to take over as governor because he contested the state governorship elections, Ugah never contested any State governorship election he only contested PDP primaries why is he the person to be giving certificate of return and not the opposition who contested with PDP?
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by phabulux: 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

It will be so interesting my brother... But I am happy that it is a PDP affair irrespective of where the pendulum swing

Christ!

Thieves!

You can't ever hold them.
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
iswallker:

Gentleman read where he said "not bothering on his emergence as governor"...

Ikpeazus case of forgery has a direct relationship with his emergence as governor... grin

The same cannot be said of orgars forgery case... sad

So which point do you have again.... grin
The case cannot be dropped oga
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
Onyeani5million:

if a governor must go the person who contested the Governorship election with Ikpeazu is the rightful person to take over because citizens voted for him though he lost. is it not better that Alex Otti is sworn in as Governor than someone no one voted for. or are they saying PDP primaries is Abia state governorship election? i dont understand Nigerian laws and politics.
[
Allex Otti is the rightful person to take over as governor because he contested the state governorship elections, Ugah never contested any State governorship election he only contested PDP primaries why is he the person to be giving certificate of return and not the opposition who contested with PDP?
PDP won the election oga, so PDP legitimate candidate will occupy the seat.

Otto has no case
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by obicentlis: 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Haha Make Alex go siddon one side biko
Don't dismiss Otti. He has a case.
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by mikaelzX(m): 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

Nigeria.. And you?
Nigeria 2. Your pic says Romance, Your write-up says d opposite.
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by Darlo22(m): 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
[quote author=obicentlis post=47140243]You forgot that Allex otti has gone to court for a fresh election, asking court to disqualify PDP. [/quote
Bros I am interested in this. Are you sure of this?
When did he do this? So there is still a chance. On what basis will he disqualify PdP?
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by mykel25(m): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
The criminal case ogah has ll be delayed somehow till he clinch seat of power...with that immunity ll cover him over any trial so no room for second runner up.....or ve u forgotten govs ve immunity ni....your analysis is wack
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by mykel25(m): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
The criminal case ogah has ll be delayed somehow till he clinch seat of power...with that immunity ll cover him over any trial so no room for second runner up.....or ve u forgotten govs ve immunity ni....your analysis is whack
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by DEAFandDUMB(f): 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
mikaelzX:

Nigeria 2. Your pic says Romance, Your write-up says d opposite.

What's my write up saying?
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by mykel25(m): 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The criminal case ogah has ll be delayed somehow till he clinch seat of power...with that immunity ll cover him over any trial so no room for second runner up.....or ve u forgotten govs ve immunity ni....your analysis is whack
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by Emenandez4lyf(m): 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
Trashy! Trashy!! Trashy!!! All i know is that Mazi Okezie Ikpeazu is still my able neighbour's Governor. I can see looters trying to stop his good works and whisking the state treasury. #ReppingCoalCity042
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by mikaelzX(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

What's my write up saying?
hints of an academician. lovely combo grin

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by sammhi(m): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Funny.. but Tonye you miscalculated, the beneficiary will be Alex Otti.....just watch out
But i think Ikpeazu will win...the desperation of Ogah show the verdict was bought..if not he woukd wait till Supreme court. Ogah and Apc are desperate hence it shows a judgement that was a kangaroo one....they know Supreme court will do justice ..if Ogah knows he has a valid case he won't be this desperate ....
Something is not just right about how Apc , INec etc are so desperate to grab power....

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
mykel25:

That would have been if the case happened B4 not after...
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by babestella: 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
Likei:
As long as ikpeazu is kicked out of government house, who ever emerges as the next governor has my support.

Heard Ikpeazu still pays T.A. Orji several millions from Abia state security vote monthly. He need to be kicked out of that office to end Orji's influence which ultimately undermine the development of Abia state.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by sammhi(m): 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
Tonye, you miscalculated..i think it will be Alex Otti
but this aside, i think Ikpeazu will win or rather remain as governor
the desperation of Ogah and his gang(APC, INEC etc)shows the verdict was bought or has k leg
Apc, INEC and Ogah seems to have forged a script....
if ogah has a valid case he wont be so desperate to become governor and could not wait til all avenue of appeal is sorted out
Okon Abang various rulings has shown him to be biased and with no iota of integrity so far ..am sure those playing the script knows their case is not valid beyond the kangaroo FHC ..if not they wont be this desperation...
it reminds me of Mama Taraba kangaroo Judgement by the tribunal last year and how the supreme court and appeal court upturned it. the the initial tribunal Ruling almost led to anachy in Taraba but discerning minds knows that it was a kangaroo judgment..this case is so similar about the desperation and the needless chaos it is generating ..when we all know that the Ikpeazu has right of appeal and until that is exhausted, he wont vacate the seat for now .thta is how the procedure is ...and has been in all cases...
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by everozone: 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
Uche Ogah entered into agreement with APC leaders with d condition dat if they(APC) leaders makes him gov thru court's fraudlent verdict,if he(Ogah) decamps to APC in return,they(APC) will ensure dat all d charges brought up against him are quashed.
Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by 0ubenji(m): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
Nwodosis:
Once Ogah is sworn in as governor of the state , he's immuned to any fraud case not bothering on his emergence as the governor.
Iffa hear !!

If u doubt me..ask Fayose

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu by basadenet: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
How are we sure that Bar. Nwosu too would not be implicated. Politics of bitterness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Visitors' Seat At The Magistrate Court In Wuse, Abuja (Photo) / Ugwuanyi’s N10m Project For Every Community Pays Off As He Commissions Projects / NDA: Bandits Killed 2 Officers & Abducted 2 - Defence Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.