Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo (42628 Views)

Poachers Arrested While Roasting Killed Animals At A Park In Cross River. Photos / Two Poachers Caught While Tracking A Hyena To Their Den In Bauchi State. Photo / Men Who Photocopied Naira Notes In Rivers State Arrested In A Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by jessykings(f): 1:12am On Jul 03, 2016
InfomejobsN:
Arrested for killing Antelope? na wa o

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info
What they did was illegal, that's y they were called 'poachers'. One is free to hunt for animals in d forest (or bush as d case may be) but not in national parks or game reserves where these animals are kept for d sole purpose of 'conservation'

3 Likes

Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by Dclique(m): 1:14am On Jul 03, 2016
they look so hungry sef
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by khalidx: 3:03am On Jul 03, 2016
Slitman:
Welcome to Nigeria where people get arrested for killing mare animal. While those who kill human are moving freely on the street .
Now that's CHANGE ;DWelcome to Nigeria where people get arrested for killing mare animal. While those who kill human are moving freely on the street .
Now that's CHANGE
hmmmm people lack sense tough
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by phenase(m): 3:53am On Jul 03, 2016
OK nah. Meat for the Nation
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by otokx(m): 4:56am On Jul 03, 2016
Our Judiciary that jailed him for just 6 months initially is to blame.

1 Like

Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by kenyguy(m): 4:57am On Jul 03, 2016
Eyaaa.
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by Dahjhi: 5:02am On Jul 03, 2016
Onegai:
To every one saying "free them, they are hungry", it says in the article that these men are.notorious Elephant poachers. No-one kills elephants for its meat, the most prized part of the elephant is it's husk for Ivory (which is illegal in the entire world). The Chinese however have a huge appetite for Ivory and smuggle it into their country for big bucks. And since Indians are smart enough not to kill their elephants, guess where those Chinese came to get their illegal Ivory? Same place and country they do illegal mining in. And antelope tusks and antelope head is a nice prize for foreign Game hunters.

So, do you still think these "poor hungry" criminals should be given a sack of rice to go with their meal? Or do you now see a little truth?
You just displayed enough knowledge dear.
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by MrPIE(m): 5:22am On Jul 03, 2016
These People are hungry Men, a poacher would only go for the horns and in case of other animals like an elephant it would go for the tusks and leave every other part there, to die down evidence of poaching. Elephant tusks and rhino horn cost as high as $100,000. So Poaching is strictly business, these Men are hungry. angry
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by hp4happy(m): 5:23am On Jul 03, 2016
Kizyte:
This is so unfair! Why kill these animals? Goat don finish for market? Just a moment ago a Nairalander killed and butchered a beautiful Antelope https://www.nairaland.com/3201921/antelope-killed-yesterday-ijebu-itele-ogun

Goat don finish 4 market?

Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by Ikem11(m): 6:18am On Jul 03, 2016
Slitman:
Welcome to Nigeria where people get arrested for killing mare animal. While those who kill human are moving freely on the street .
Now that's CHANGE ;DWelcome to Nigeria where people get arrested for killing mare animal. While those who kill human are moving freely on the street .
Now that's CHANGE
not only in Nigeria my dear other countries worldwide does it... Such animals you don't kill it. Meanwhile I can tell u countries u can be jailed for killing a bird as u killed a fellow man. Same jail term
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:32am On Jul 03, 2016
Vendoor:

Yes Oh.... Please how may i be of help to you in the contest sef?
You can be of help to me, moonlight. Remember I'm your love. wink
My camp, please?
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by obadiah11(m): 6:50am On Jul 03, 2016
modelmike7:
He should be locked up permanently then.
why would you say so,when know fully well the economical state of the country,one most survive
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by linohlex: 6:50am On Jul 03, 2016
How do they gain entrance, thought the park is conserved and restricted from movement. i am not a support of PMB but pls mention he not, it is d greed and ignorance of the killers who claim not to no reason that park was put in place
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by linohlex: 6:52am On Jul 03, 2016
khalidx:
hmmmm people lack sense tough
pls do mine those who no nothing about conservation
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by Tonason: 7:24am On Jul 03, 2016
Are you a dullard the? They don't kill Elephant to eat the meat rather to harvest the tusk.
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by lanrejoe10: 7:39am On Jul 03, 2016
[b][/b]Meat din ready
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by lanrejoe10: 7:39am On Jul 03, 2016
[b][/b]Meat don ready
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by mousco(m): 7:44am On Jul 03, 2016
Wetin hunter dey go find for bush if not animal.
And hunting has been a way of livelihood for ages So why r dey arresting dem ?

Did dey killed d animal in a zoo?
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 03, 2016
WowSweetGuy:
I doubt we have this kinda fine antelope in d bushes
U see the picture and u are still doubting, Nigeria is bless with wild life, the problem is there is no law to protect them so we kill them anyhow.
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by odigilimorrison(m): 7:57am On Jul 03, 2016
Oboy na bush meet make dem leave bush hustler
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:59am On Jul 03, 2016
It was imported
MrTruth4real:

U see the picture and u are still doubting, Nigeria is bless with wild life, the problem is there is no law to protect them so we kill them anyhow.
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by supereagle(m): 8:05am On Jul 03, 2016
Flexherbal:
Do Nigeria have animal protection law?
Yes, but works on game reserves mainly.
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by Netfad(m): 9:53am On Jul 03, 2016
oodua1stson:
perhaps you dont understand the meaning of the term 'poacher'

the Antelope head is quite beautiful
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by JuanDeDios: 9:54am On Jul 03, 2016
AnanseK:

Kill antelope in Bauchi state you are arrested. Kill antelope in Ogun state , you call a party and display how you dismember the poor animal and roast it as people cheer you as you promote the extinction of these beautiful creatures of God.
Hunting is legal in almost any country in the world. Hunting in a GAME RESERVE is illegal in any country in the world. I hope you understand now.
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by NorttGate: 10:14am On Jul 03, 2016
Slitman:
Now that's CHANGE
Na with CHANGE killing started for Nigeria? Abeg gerarahere mehn.
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by TIDDOLL(m): 11:18am On Jul 03, 2016
I just dont understand why the Nigerian government would still prefer the law that states "rangers shouldn't kill poachers"...close by benin and cameroon shoot to kill! like most east African countries....just came back from Kainji lake and the numbers of arrests are worrisome. what will be left for generations to come.
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by Peacefulgold(m): 12:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
People sha....
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by MielBaker(m): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
Which kain life, must they go back to their criminal ways?
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by daddyclint128(m): 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
Am speechless....
Jx a mare animal?
Wat if they kill two of if...
Na him be say dem go kill dem Sharp sharp
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by eaglechild: 12:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
MrPIE:
These People are hungry Men, a poacher would only go for the horns and in case of other animals like an elephant it would go for the tusks and leave every other part there, to die down evidence of poaching. Elephant tusks and rhino horn cost as high as $100,000. So Poaching is strictly business, these Men are hungry. angry
Going by what I see in the picture they are professional poachers.

Look at how well preserved the head of the antelope is.
That is the part that is worth the most as it is sold as a hunting trophy to collectors.

The other parts are just icing on the cake.

Professional poachers are very dangerous to reserves like this and can render millions of dollars worth of investment useless in a short period.
Re: Poachers Kill Female Antelope In Bauchi State, Arrested. Photo by muller101(m): 12:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
datola:
Elephant poacher? How would they eat elephant meat finish(sic).
the ivory is for sale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thief Walks Boldly Into A Supermarket Then Steals Employee's Wallet. Photos / Rape Victim, Ochanya's Corpse For Burial (Photos) / They Want To Afflict Me With Madness -Nigerian Prostitute Based In Italy. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.