Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition (20543 Views)

Keren Chigozie-nnah Wins Nigeria Spelling Bee! / Sheriff Muhammad Wins African Spelling Bee Champion Title (Photos) / 25-year-old Wins Overall Best Student At YABATECH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by vickvilles(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2016
Congrats to the boy!!! Made me remember wen I represented my secondary school for the one day governor ticket. I lost it though but it was fun. Bola Tinubu tried for the pro-activeness of this competition back then. Don't know how it is now.
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by Joygalore(f): 11:01am On Jul 03, 2016
Just shut up undecided
Vanquay16:
RUBBISH...He won't make it past the State Nationals in my country not to even think of Nationals.

What were the words spelt?
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by BumbleBee2ice(f): 11:07am On Jul 03, 2016
Where in d post was his tribe mentioned?
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by jide219(m): 11:42am On Jul 03, 2016
teebillz:

I doubt he is a "pure yoruba" guy. Give an example of a pure yoruba guy without a Yoruba name.

oga my senior bros name na Michael Paul, infant no only me day use my Yoruba name u hear if u nor know something nor talk am ooo

1 Like

Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2016
Good prizes, I hope it wasnt just money they gave them though. Still better than mug and notebook anyway.
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by liciouspee(f): 11:53am On Jul 03, 2016
Vanquay16:
RUBBISH...He won't make it past the State Nationals in my country not to even think of Nationals.

True I need to see the words too but dude wtf. Why the tongue lashing? At least there is a spelling bee been carried out. Pls o, zip it
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by wildQuincy(f): 11:58am On Jul 03, 2016
davibid:
grin

He reminds me of myself, what a smart kid I was!

smiley

funny enough, I believe you cheesy

1 Like

Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by TeeeI: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2016
ReorxTohGan:
Eleven Year Old?? And Still In Primary School??Congrats To Him Anyways
smh...what if he is in primary 6?? think bfre u talk
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by philismary(f): 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Reminds me of Keke Palmer in the movie "Akeelah and the bee". It's a very interesting movie.
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by TeeeI: 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Vanquay16:

dumb fool....must u always hate
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by philismary(f): 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
cheesy Reminds me of Keke Palmer in the movie "Akeelah and the bee". It's a very interesting movie. Congrats to the boy,he is another "Akeelah". grin grin
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by ReorxTohGan(m): 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
TeeeI:
smh...what if he is in primary 6?? think bfre u talk
i Really Think It's You Hu Needs Deep Reasoninq 'fore Typin...The Guy Is From A Private Primary School Dude!!
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by TeeeI: 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
ReorxTohGan:
i Really Think It's You Hu Needs Deep Reasoninq 'fore Typin...The Guy Is From A Private Primary School Dude!!
lol,and so what....so a private primary school stdt cant be 11yrs in primary 6 ryt

abeg today is sunday....park yourself go one side.
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by GoneKayLoner(m): 12:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
teebillz:

I doubt he is a "pure yoruba" guy. Give an example of a pure yoruba guy without a Yoruba name.

Nawa u o. Wetin you no know pass you. I am "pure" Yoruba but my first-name is English and my last-name is also English. It's only my Middle-name that's Yoruba.
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by GoneKayLoner(m): 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
jide219:
oga my senior bros name na Michael Paul, infant no only me day use my Yoruba name u hear if u nor know something nor talk am ooo
No mind the guy. Na ignorance. Me and three of my siblings all use our English names as First-name
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by OlujobaSamuel: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
Pprovost:

Why do you have to single out two states out of 7/8 states??

The boy might be Yoruba or not. simple!
I'm sorry, I don't think the question is for me, is it?
I don't know of the 7/8states, I'm only talking of the possibility of where the boy may hail from if he is a Yoruba by virtue of his name, not because I'm interested in Yoruba argument.
He is a champion irrespective of where he comes from. A guy from the east(can't recollect his name) won a scholarship in Russia few days ago, I celebrated him also. I don't do tribal war, I go for socio-economic development war.
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by dyn1800: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
Lol! Sure you time travelled to win it

Barackmeringo:
Na me the boy resemble naa

I won mine at age 10 sha
angry angry angry angry

believe at your peril
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by teebillz: 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
GoneKayLoner:

Nawa u o. Wetin you no know pass you. I am "pure" Yoruba but my first-name is English and my last-name is also English. It's only my Middle-name that's Yoruba.

And you are known formally by just your two English names?
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by Abodunrin07(m): 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
Keep it up boy
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by dilini(m): 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
ReorxTohGan:
Eleven Year Old?? And Still In Primary School??Congrats To Him Anyways

Wetin this one sabi sef? 6 - 12yrs for basic elementary, 13 - 15yrs for Junior high, while 16 - 18yrs for Senior Secondary.... abi u gan no pass thru these stages?
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by ReorxTohGan(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
dilini:

Wetin this one sabi sef? 6 - 12yrs for basic elementary, 13 - 15yrs for Junior high, while 16 - 18yrs for Senior Secondary.... abi u gan no pass thru these stages?
bros Abeg That's If U Started Schoolin Late...Nowadays A 15yr Old Is Outta Sec. School!!
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
Donariok:
"PHILIP DANIEL"
bad market for name checkers

He's from England.
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
wildQuincy:
funny enough, I believe you cheesy
hy can i knw u
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by notoriousbabe: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Funjosh:

Iya you need to see strong man of God to cast out that demon in you tongue
spell concobility tongue
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by Jok3r(m): 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
johnisrael:
ELEVEN year old, Philip Daniel
of Darocha Primary School,
Agege, has emerged winner
of the 16th Lagos State
Spelling Bee Competition,
primary category, beating
Titus Friday of Anglican
Primary School, Ajegunle and
Nafisat Raji of Ahmadiyah
Primary School, Yaba to
second and third positions
respectively.

The competition, which was
keenly contested by 57
participants from public
primary schools across the 20
Local Governments and 37
Local Government Education
Authorities, LGEAs, produced
five best winners.

The winner, Daniel, was
presented with N150,000.00
cash prize and Trophy, the
second and third positions
collected N100,000.00 and
N75,000.00 cash prizes and
trophies, while the other two
winners for the fourth and
fifth positions were given
consolation prizes each.

The Executive Chairman, State
Universal Basic Education
Board, SUBEB, Dr. Ganiyu
Shopeyin, in his address,
congratulated the winners
and all the participants for
displaying brilliance and
urged them not to rest on
their oars.

He also commended the
teachers who have groomed
the pupils for the competition
for a job well done, just as he
enjoined the pupils to strive
more on their studies for
academic excellence.
Speaking earlier, the
permanent secretary, Ministry
of Education, Mr. Adesina
Odeyemi, reiterated that the
competition is another step
taken by the State
Government to demonstrate
its resolve to further develop
Education in Lagos. He added
that the competition has
been designed to promote
the ideals of original thinking
and confidence in pupils and
students in our educational
system.

Src ="VANGUARD"

congrats
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
Barackmeringo:
Na me the boy resemble naa

I won mine at age 10 sha
angry angry angry angry

believe at your peril
grin grin grin grin grin
no you did ,@ 5 ....:-)
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by teshyberry(f): 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
Vanquay16:

Abeg congratulate the boy joor!
Who ur nation epp?
Hw many years u b?
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by Thobiy(m): 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
hemartins:
Kudos to him.
Great
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by tayo200(m): 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
pichures...or idonbilivit
Re: 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition by BABANGBALI: 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
notoriousbabe:
Aminat508 VickyRotex funjosh edwife funmilade11 eleko1 iyangbali babangbali lala una see una life?simple concobility una no fit spell
no mind dem,bunch of olodos feeling funky on nairaland.shioooooor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Useful Mobile Apps For Students / Typical Nigerian Universities In Meme Collection / Kwara State Polytechnic Result Now Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.