Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,843 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? (1335 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? / How To Start Your Own Church & Make Lots Of Money! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by UyiIredia(m): 6:29am On Jul 03, 2016
I believe that good people will still be good and bad people bad whether or not they go to church. Churches can only encourage one to follow good morals but they don't provide any incentives. That said I believe there are few exceptional cases where going to church made a person better off. Please discuss.
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by gabinogem(m): 6:46am On Jul 03, 2016
Religion... The great institution that brings forth a great divide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by UyiIredia(m): 7:44am On Jul 03, 2016
gabinogem:
Religion... The great institution that brings forth a great divide.

You an atheist?
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by yemmit90: 7:51am On Jul 03, 2016
Religion gives priceless hope and peace of mind to those that have faith in it.
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
Leaving the church made me a better person. Values and morals do not reside in religious buildings. It used to be a spiritual exercise to burn witches. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by lepasharon(f): 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
Good morals indeed
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by Hiswordxray(m): 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
The Church is suppose to be a mighty force that destroy every evil such as immorality. The Church is suppose to be a light the drives out the darkness in every man, a victory that overcomes every tendency to sin in the lives of her members. But presently the Church is immature, she hasn't grown to her full status. But the Spirit of God is move upon this emptiness and weakness. Very soon, would burst forth among God's people, a power that would awaken the Church and cause her to be that which she have been called to be.

Please read this: https://www.nairaland.com/3173946/failed-invasion
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by UyiIredia(m): 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2016
musKeeto:
Leaving the church made me a better person. Values and morals do not reside in religious buildings. It used to be a spiritual exercise to burn witches. undecided

I agree that morals don't reside in religious buildings. But how did leaving the church make you a better person?
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by ScienceWatch: 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
UyiIredia:
I believe that good people will still be good and bad people bad whether or not they go to church. Churches can only encourage one to follow good morals but they don't provide any incentives. That said I believe there are few exceptional cases where going to church made a person better off. Please discuss.
What are you saying ? Do you really know the secret Atheists definitions of "Good" or "Bad" so that you can respond properly to the questions that you beg ?

It is common knowledge that "Coward Atheist" get an orgasm when they find a "Contradiction" so I would rather kindly pass UYILREDIA'S glaring contradiction in the OP over to hound dogs. Take him boy, fetch !

hardmirror, jonbellion, akintom, coolusername, sirwere, Hahn, johnnydon22, hopefullandlord, Lennycool
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by ScienceWatch: 6:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hiswordxray:
The Church is suppose to be a mighty force that destroy every evil such as immorality. The Church is suppose to be a light the drives out the darkness in every man, a victory that overcomes every tendency to sin in the lives of her members. But presently the Church is immature, she hasn't grown to her full status. But the Spirit of God is move upon this emptiness and weakness. Very soon, would burst forth among God's people, a power that would awaken the Church and cause her to be that which she have been called to be.

Please read this: https://www.nairaland.com/3173946/failed-invasion
Well said !
You seem very aware of the mighty force for empowerment all churches are supposed to be.
Very interestingly, you say that "presently the church is immature, she has not grown to her full stature."

I agree, but you dont say why this is the case?
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by hahn(m): 7:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
ScienceWatch:
What are you saying ? Do you really know the secret Atheists definitions of "Good" or "Bad" so that you can respond properly to the questions that you beg ?

It is common knowledge that "Coward Atheist" get an orgasm when they find a "Contradiction" so I would rather kindly pass UYILREDIA'S glaring contradiction in the OP over to hound dogs. Take him boy, fetch !

hardmirror, jonbellion, akintom, coolusername, sirwere, Hahn, johnnydon22, hopefullandlord, Lennycool

seun undecided
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by JackBizzle: 7:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
hahn:

seun undecided

grin grin

Sciencewatch, the tormentor of logic and atheists.

A wise man once said that religion is the opium of the masses. But I believe that it is the cocaine for the people seeing how Sceincewatch and his cohorts act like intoxicated mental people

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by hahn(m): 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin grin

A wise man once said that religion is the opium of the masses. But I believe that it is the cocaine for the people seeing how Sceincewatch and his cohorts act like intoxicated mental people

The guy's stupidity is custom made tongue

1 Like

Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
ScienceWatch:

Stop Spamming my mentions dude. Ok, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by Nobody: 4:21am On Feb 17, 2017
If you are not a joker.

I always change to a better person in some aspect after hearing God's word. cool
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by ScienceWatch: 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
hahn:

The guy's stupidity is custom made tongue
We find it hard to agree with your conclusion.
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by ScienceWatch: 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin grin

A really good question all religions are asking across the world is, "What are atheists doing trolling and insulting religious topics.?
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by Topgainer: 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
UyiIredia:
How is that possible
when Bishop has a guest house where he takes on the fat ones, the tough looking bodyguards/Ushers have the lean ones all to themselves in some of the "other" rooms and also have car gifts for hardwork showered on them yearly to keep the secret.
Only on few cases and in few select Churches do people actually become moral change agents.
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by petra1(m): 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
UyiIredia:

If you know the importance of church attendance you won't talk like this. Firstly you can't be a loner as a christian . Fellowship plays a major role in the life of a christian . God structure the life and ministry of the christian around the church . He has to be part of the organized system and structure . Except he's not really a christian.

1 John 1:7 (KJV)
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Hebrews 3:13 (KJV)
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin

Hebrews 10:25
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Jude 1:19 (KJV)
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by Aaronsrod: 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
The only way to salvation is through our Lord the God of Israel. We are always better through worship. His instruction is the only road to righteousness and riches.

My God is a consuming fire. A Man of War. Every Sunday He speaks to me of the workers of iniquity. Then I know it is time to kill again. And again...

Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by enshy: 10:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
My dear Urilredia,
Church cant make anyone better, only Jesus can!
He does this by you repenting of your sins and accepting Him as your Lord and Saviour.
Re: Does Going To Church Make You A Better Person ? by Hiswordxray(m): 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Well said !
You seem very aware of the mighty force for empowerment all churches are supposed to be.
Very interestingly, you say that "presently the church is immature, she has not grown to her full stature."

I agree, but you dont say why this is the case?
Because Christ is absent from the Church. The Church has dethrone Christ in their midst and have replaced him with human head. We've refused to allow Christ be our head.

(1) (Reply)

Strong Ori {good Head} ~ Iwori-Okonron / Why Tbj Might Be Afraid Of Scientology, Nagualism, And Celestine Prophecy. / Why The End-time Church Lacks Power, Part 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.