Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,179 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (685 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders / 4 Reminders For Hard Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 03, 2016
I wanted to remind our esteemed brothers of some points, but I couldn't find any discussion thread.

Remember fasting does not finish with Ramadan, it is desirable to add six in the following month of Shawwal. The Prophet (SAW) said he who fasts for the month of Ramadan and then proceeds to add six in Shawwal will be rewarded as one who fasts the whole year.

So brothers and sisters, be reminded Nd prepare your minds.

Jazakumullah Khayran.

JB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 03, 2016
Other Sunnah fasts too. Every Monday and Thursday, 13th, 14th, 15th of every month, 12th of Rabiul Awwal, 10th and 11th of Muharram, the day of Arafat etc.
Re: General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 03, 2016
13th, 14th, 15th of every month

The months in the Sight of Allah are 12..." Muharram, Safar, Rabiul Awwal, Rabbiul thani, Jummadal Awwal, Jummadal thani, Rajab, Shaban, Ramadan, Shawwal, Dhul Qaddah, Dhul Hijjah.

Months are natural months and follow the lunar phase of the Moon. The moon rotates round the earth for a period of 29.5days (29/30days). Thus a month is one full rotation of the Moon.

While the moon rotates round the earth, it 'grows' from a thin line..to a crescent..to a half circle..to a full moon..back to half circle...back to full moon...back to thin line and the over again. This is not due to the moon 'literally' growing. It is because of the curved shape of the bodies (earth, moon) and the circular orbit of the Moon.

But keen watchers of the Moon have been following the orbit and counting days since time immemorial. So we can easily identify days, months and years.

Eg. Today is 28th in the month of Ramadan, year 1437 AH.

JB!
Re: General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders by NLresidentQS(m): 7:48am On Jul 03, 2016
Good one. Jazaks.
Re: General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 04, 2016
KEY INFORMATION ABOUT* *_ZAKAATUL-FITR_*

*WHAT IS ZAKAATUL-FITR?*
The word _'Iftaar',_ comes to mind. _Zakaatul-Fitr_ is the charity that we give at the end of Ramadhan. *Ibn `Umar* reported that _Rasul (SAW),_ made _Zakaatul-Fitr_ compulsory on every slave, freeman, male, female, young and old among the Muslims; one _Sa`y_ (a measurement: four double handfuls) of dried dates or one _Sa`y_ of barely. *_[Bukhari]._*
A _'Sa'y_ is 4 complete scoops as scooped up with two hands of a man of average build. It is a measure of volume; not weight. It is equivalent to *approximately 3 Litres.* Scholarly estimations in Kg puts it at *1 _SA’Y_= 2.1 to 3kg.*

*WHEN IS IT DUE?* When the sun sets on the last day of _Ramadan,_ because _Rasul (SAW)_ called it _Sadaqatul-fitr,_ and _Fitr_ or breaking the fast of _Ramadaan_ comes when the sun sets on the night of _Eid_ (i.e., the night before _Eid_).

*WHY GIVE?*
It was enjoined on those who fast to purify their fasts and shield it from any indecent act or speech, and for the purpose of providing food for the needy.

*IS IT OBLIGATORY?* *_YES!_* It is obligatory upon every _Muslim,_ if he has one _Sa’y_ or more than he needs of food for himself and his family on the night & day of Eid to give for himself & his dependants. If a person does not give _Zakaatul-Fitr,_ he/she has sinned and it has to be made up even after death from his/her property before it is distributed to the heirs.

*MUST I GIVE FOR MY BABY BORN IN RAMADAAN OR BEFORE EID SALAH?*
*_YES_*

*WHEN TO GIVE?*
Must be given out before the _Eid_ prayer, it is permissible to pay it one or two days before _Eid,_ as was reported by *Ibn ‘Umar (RA)*

*WHAT TO GIVE?*
*Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri* narrated: “ We used to give _Zakaatul-Fitr_ when the prophet (SAW) was alive, a _Sa’y_ of food or a _Say_ of dates or a _Sa’y_ of barley or a _Sa’y_ of raisins or a _Sa’y_ of dried yoghurt.” *_( Agreed upon)._*
It is acceptable to give a _Sa’y_ of any other local staple food such as rice, wheat etc.

It is essential to *NOTE* that *_ZAKAATUL-FITR_ MUST BE FOOD, NOT MONEY* because money/currency was available during the time of the prophet (SAW) but he did not give it in the form of _Dinaar_ or _Dirham_ as _Zakaatul-fitr_ but *gave food only*

*WHAT IS THE _SA’Y_ (MEASURE/QUANTITY) OF THE PROPHET (SAW)?*
A _Sa'y_ is *4* complete scoops, as scooped up with two hands of a man of average build. *It is a measure of volume, not weight.* It is equivalent to approximately 3 Litre. Scholarly estimations in Kg puts it at *1 _Sa’y_ = 2.1 to 3kg.* It is well known that the weight of grains varies; some are light and some are heavy and some are in between. In fact, the weight in (kg) of a _Sa’y_ of the same kind of grain may vary, and fresh may weigh more than old. The estimation of *Shaykh Ibn Baaz* (may Allaah have mercy on him) and the scholars of the Standing Committee (9/371), say *3- kilograms.* *Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen* (may Allah have mercy on him) estimated it as being *2.1 kg,* as it says in *Fataawa al-Zakaah, p. 274-276.* This discrepancy occurred because *a _Sa'y_ is a measure of volume, not weight.* The scholars worked it out by weight so that it would be easier to comprehend. Hence, if people err on the side of caution and give more, that will be better.

*CAN I GIVE IT TO NON- MUSLIMS?*
It is not permissible to give it to anyone *except a needy Muslim.*

*CAN I GIVE ON BEHALF OF OTHERS*
If you cannot find any Muslim where you live, you can delegate someone else to give it on your behalf in another state/country, but *must reach the needy in the form of food before _Eid_ Prayer.*

*HOW POOR CAN I BE NOT TO GIVE IT?*
If you do not have more than one _Sa'y_ that is needed of food for you and your family on the day and night of _Eid._

*CAN I GIVE IT TO MY EXTENDED FAMILY?*
*Yes,* if they are Muslims and needy.

*IF I AM NEEDY AND ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE, MUST I ALSO GIVE?* *Yes,* if you have one _Sa'y_ or more than you need of food for yourself and family

As copied from WhatsApp
Re: General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
. *CRIMINAL IN TOWN*
While the Muslims are preparing for tomorrow's Eid celebration, we have been reliably informed from an intelligent source that a criminal will be released into the universe *by sunrise tomorrow morning*.

He is armed, extremely dangerous. He is very smart and can wreck havoc in seconds. He has the ability to be invincible and we gathered that he is angry for revenge, as he has been in chains for the past 30 days.

His major targets are the Muslims: we gathered that his Mission 1 is to make sure they loose the reward for the 30 days fasting. And make their whole month of Ramadan useless.

Also he is coming back to tempt more people to sin. You will see him and his goons in beer palours, igbo/weed joints, ashawo corners, clubs, streets, even outside religious places and in people's home. Shaytan and his boys are everywhere. *Beware*

He will make couples fight, he will bring envy into the heart of people, he will come with jealousy, pride, ego, arrogance, Highness, feeling of freedom and will be looking for who to give. *beware*

Be extra careful as from tomorrow morning. Shaytan is back in town. *beware*

*people will step on our toes, they will abuse you tomorrow, evil girls will call you back, bad men will remember you..beware..they are all Shaytan's Agents*

*be extra patient...you are warned*

JB!

(1) (Reply)

How Many Muslims Are On Nairaland ? / Steps To Accept Mohammed / Artistes And Philosophers - Straying Into Every Valley.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.