Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,677 members, 7,847,766 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 07:04 AM

Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official (671 Views)

Cameroonian Soldiers Arrive Gwoza, Nigeria (Photos) / Former Senate President Sends Letter To UN To Avert Another War / Paul Biya Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn Ways Of Catching Corrupt Officials. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by 360frolic(m): 7:41am On Jul 03, 2016
Following the Cameroonian President’s visit to the country a few months ago, Paul Biya has deployed a five-man team to Nigeria with the aim of taking with them knowledge in fighting corruption as practiced by the Nigerian anti-graft agency, EFCC.

Recall that President Biya also sent a team to the country during the former president Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration in order to learn the same tricks.

Shortly after the first visit, the Cameroonian government launched the “Operation Epervier” which translates to “Eagle Operation” to fight corruption on the country. Many politicians were arrested on corruption allegations, especially those suspected to be vying for Biya’s seat.

According to TheSimonAtebaNews, the acting Charmian of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu in a statement issued was quoted to have expressed the willingness of the Nigerian anti-graft agency to assist its Cameroonian counterpart in the area of asset tracking and recovery.

Magu while receiving the five-man delegate in Abuja said: “The Commission will be willing to exchange ideas and experiences with your country in necessary areas as you may desire. I wish to also thank you for your interest in the activities of the Commission.”

Responding to the EFCC’s boss, the leader of the Cameroonian delegation, Aseh Joseph Malegho praised the agency adding that the news of its success had traveled far and wide.

He said: “Your actions are laudable. We commend you and the President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, for your efforts in ridding Nigeria of corruption.

“Your anti-graft war has endeared you to us; that is why we have come to identify with your Commission.”

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/cameroonian-president-sends-team-to.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by jneutron4000: 7:43am On Jul 03, 2016
cool
Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by SeverusSnape(m): 7:44am On Jul 03, 2016
"on how to nab opposition members" you mean?
Because Nigeria still ranks very high in the corruption latest corruption index from transparency international. We still rank 136 out of 167.
^^^ ironically, Cameroon ranks 130, That means their country is even less corrupt than ours. grin
Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by fexti: 7:46am On Jul 03, 2016
hadonbilivit
Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by ollymoore: 7:48am On Jul 03, 2016
SeverusSnape:
"on how to nab opposition members" you mean?
don't misquote d mr president u read and understand he is saying
Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by Oche211(m): 7:58am On Jul 03, 2016
To fight corruption shouldn't be hard na. U nd ur people will need a strong will void of tribal nd religious sentiments. Let me add dat ur laws must be strong nd ur judges must also be impartial nd corrupt free. U are ready to go.
BTW, does this man think Naija na cameroun. Our politicians' skins are tough here oo coupled with religious nd tribal sentiments everywhere.
Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by spass101(m): 8:02am On Jul 03, 2016
This is nice. I know more are coming. like if u agree

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 03, 2016
Nice
Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by Aristo3146(m): 8:30am On Jul 03, 2016
Baba is fast becoming a role model...I cant wait for Ghana and South Africa to come begging at my feet...
Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by BossKratos: 9:21am On Jul 03, 2016
shocked

Learn from naija?

The cameroonian president is not really ready to fight corruption in his country be that!
Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by iamord(m): 10:22am On Jul 03, 2016
Aristo3146:
Baba is fast becoming a role model...I cant wait for Ghana and South Africa to come begging at my feet...
you need to treat malaria asap
Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by Soneh(m): 11:00am On Jul 03, 2016
Aristo3146:
Baba is fast becoming a road moded...I cant wait for Ghana and South Africa to come begging at my feet...
You go wait tire be that
Re: Cameroonian President Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn How To Nab Corrupt Official by Soneh(m): 11:07am On Jul 03, 2016
visit, the Cameroonian government launched the “Operation Epervier” which translates to “Eagle Operation” to fight corruption on the country. Many politicians were arrested on corruption allegations, especially those suspected to be vying for Biya’s seat.

cc lalasticlala[/quote]
I believe they came to perfect this act of which buhari is performing wonderfully well in

(1) (Reply)

I See A Parallel Btw Pres Obama And PMB Outgoing US Ambassador To Nigeria / Omnam / Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.