Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Torrent? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Torrent? (1330 Views)

Torrent Downloading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Torrent? by rollout40(m): 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2009
Please can someone explain this TORRENT stuff? I have tried to download stuff but i just don't understand the whole concept.
Re: Torrent? by iice(f): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2009
You first download a p2p program either Bittorent or U-torrent and install it on your pc.
Usually they are programmed so that when you click a torrent, it downloads in the program (bittorent/utorrent).

When you want to download, you first search for what you want to download on a search engine. Click the torrent and it will open in your program. . .there you can monitor the progress of your download.
Re: Torrent? by macc800(m): 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2009
you can download anything free with torrents, in fact most of my games and apps are torrent downloads. But the downside is that hackers embed worms and viruses that make your system open to them whenever you go online.I use a very secure system, so if you need any file at all, reply this post and i'll help you download it, but it'll cost u a little.
Re: Torrent? by iykedee: 1:42pm On Nov 12, 2009
I would explain but it's gonna take quite some typing. Just "google" it
Re: Torrent? by omega25red(m): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2009
basically you need a torrent service e.g bit torrent or utorrent
you need to down load a seed
when you get the seed it would use the torrent service to download the software, or document you want

macc800:

you can download anything free with torrents, in fact most of my games and apps are torrent downloads. But the downside is that hackers embed worms and viruses that make your system open to them whenever you go online.I use a very secure system, so if you need any file at all, reply this post and i'll help you download it, but it'll cost u a little.
^^^^pay attention to this as well
Re: Torrent? by hancock(m): 11:04am On Nov 19, 2009
macc800:

please i need call of duty 4: modern warfare 2(cod4:mw2) its about 11GB in size cool
Re: Torrent? by ayomidej(f): 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2009
A torrent file is a small file that is stored on servers called Bittorrent trackers. When a user downloads a torrent file, he/she opens it in a Bittorrent client which reads the file. The file contains the address of the tracker, which the client reports to, announcing that it is present and requesting peers. This is the first `scrape`. The tracker returns the IP addresses of some other users who are downloading the same file. Some of these peers may have 100 percent of the file. If this is the case, they are referred to as `seeds` or `seeders`. Peers who have less than 100 percent of the file are referred to as `leeches` or `leechers`. The client connects to these peers and begins requesting `pieces` of the file. Files that are transmitted via Bittorrent are broken into pieces during the creation of the torrent. The size of each piece is determined by the creator of the torrent. Each piece has a unique md5 hash. Therefore, if a user downloads 99% of a file, and a piece fails the hash check, they do not have to redownload the entire file; they only have to redownload the piece that failed the hash check. This ensures that the file is an exact duplicate of the original.

Bittorrent is one of the more popular methods of file transfer these days since it is so inexpensive. The only server that is needed is the server that runs the tracker software. Trackers use web interfaces to allow users to download the torrent files. All other data transfer is done by the peers themselves. There is no centralised server as there are in many other filesharing protocols.
Re: Torrent? by iykedee: 9:26am On Nov 20, 2009
U can just buy the cd and encourage the developers to make MW3
Re: Torrent? by edlove: 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2009
lets start calculating how much that would cost to download if you were to use MTN, at 10,000/3G of data and you said 11G, umm, thats like about close to 40,000 naira worth of data, i think you should just buy the cd or email me if u r in kano because i have downloaded it already. get me at edlovejones@yahoo.com
Re: Torrent? by edlove: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2009
hey guys, if you are in kano and need games, info me at edlovejones@yahoo.com, i have got loads of them, i mean up to Nov 09 release. for pc only cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Download Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 / Snooker And Table Tennis For Rent. / Free Online Call Of Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.