Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,645 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency (60201 Views)

Hillary Clinton Collapses At 9/11 Ceremony, Rushed Out In Ambulance / The Obama Family At The Beginning Of Obama's Presidency And Now / Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by societygazette(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
+ His history and the controversial lifestyle that makes him a forbidden political associate

A Yoruba saying goes thus: A drop of excreta on the tip of a plate of bean soup that is wiped away and the physical eyes cannot see, does not mean it will be wiped off the memory that excreta might have dropped into the soup. This adage appropriately fits the current circumstances concerning Kase Lawal, a very influential Nigerian in the United States of America.

His influence in the USA has seen him befriending politicians in both Democratic and Republican parties, and this has earned him recognition, as reflected in his appointment by President Barack Obama into the White House Advisory Committee on Trade Policy and Negotiations.

Though he was born in Ibadan, Oyo State, as Kase Lukman Lawal, his journey to the USA dates back to the time he spent to obtain his Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Texas Southern University, in 1976, after which he had his MBA from Prairie View A&M University, also in Texas, in 1978. He then founded the CAMAC International Corporation, of which he still remains the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He’s also the Chairman of Allied Energy Corporation in Houston, Texas; and Chairman/Chief Executive Officer (CEO), CAMAC HOLDINGS.

He is currently serving a seventh term as Commissioner to the Port of Houston Authority and as Vice-Chairman of the Houston Airport Development System Corporation. He is also a member of the National Urban League’s Board of Directors and the Fisk University Board of Trustees, and a significant shareholder in Unity National Bank, the only federally insured and licensed African-American-owned bank in Texas.

Over the years, he’s been known to be a strong supporter of Mrs Hillary Clinton. He was said to have, in 2000, single-handedly organised a fundraiser for the former American First Lady which generated more than $100,000. Clinton’s campaign lists Lawal among about 250 “Hillraisers” who pledged to collect at least $100,000 in donations for her then, and she attended a fund raising luncheon at Lawal’s home in Houston that generated more than $100,000, and she spoke to about 250 guests gathered around Lawal’s indoor swimming pool, including two former Houston mayors and Shell Oil President, John Hofmeister.

His mention in the past in some fraudulent activities may cost whoever he’s supporting, going by the way and manner Donald Trump is going about his campaign, as Lawal was at a time mentioned in a spectacular fraud-related matter in the oil industry in Nigeria. He and others allegedly conspired to “steal” an oil block and pump millions of barrels of oil from it. Despite protracted legal proceedings (though he was never prosecuted and he has consistently denied the allegations), information revealed he was at a time on the list of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) wanted Nigerians and this much was confirmed by the then Attorney-General, Mr. Michael Andoakaa, at a function back then.

In 2003 the Mail & Guardian revealed how Lawal, after becoming close to former South African president, Thabo Mbeki, benefited from “what appears to be a fraud on the Nigerian and South African public”. It was reported that CAMAC, a company owned by Kase Lawal, had in that deal set up a subsidiary in South Africa, with the name “South African Oil Company”. This he was said to have done in association with a group of individuals connected to the ANC, South Africa’s leading and ruling political party.

According to the report, Mbeki was said to have written to his then-counterpart in Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, chipping in good words about the company and supporting the company’s request for “a long-term crude oil contract on behalf of the Republic of South Africa”. This it was said helped the company get substantial oil allocations at discounted “government-to-government” rates from Nigeria. The report explained further that the oil was however diverted as it was never taken to South Africa, with the proceed paid into an account opened in the name of South African Oil Company at a bank in the Cayman Islands, where a mystery co-owner shared the proceeds with Kase Lawal-owned CAMAC.

Kase and his CAMAC were also in the news over illegal transaction, this time in gold. In December 2010, Dikembe Mutombo, a Congolese basketball hero formerly with the Houston Rockets, was said to have introduced Lawal to the opportunity to buy 475kg of gold supposedly held in Kenya, and Lawal, we gathered, involved diamond trader Carlos St. Mary to help execute the gold deal with an agreement that Kase, Mutombo and St. Mary would split the estimated $10-million profit after the deal had been finalised.

It however turned out later that the gold was actually being bought from a DRC Congo warlord who had been banned by the UN. The deal, it was gathered, cost Kase Lawal a sum to the tune of about $30 million which he could not recover as the deal was stopped by the ban decreed by President Joseph Kabila on all precious mineral exports from the eastern DRC, in an attempt to stop the financing of arms smuggling and destabilisation in the country.

The intensity of the current electioneering campaign in America, which has seen the actors employing all sorts of measures to outdo one another, has seen some, especially Hilary Clinton, receiving backlash for her relationship with people like Kase Lawal. And it is only a matter of time before the Texas oilman’s name comes up for mention in the whole issue, especially if he raises any fund for the former Secretary of State in his capacity as a Hillraiser.

http://societygazetteng.com/how-nigerian-born-billionaire-kase-lawal-may-cost-hillary-clinton-the-american-presidency/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
Lool! You people think the world revolves around your ass! From US to Nigeria. Have several sits sir

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by TheNewIbadan: 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
ibotjaycob:
Lool! You people think the world revolves around your ass! From US to Nigeria. Have several sits sir

Even though the story is trash, the world revolves around us. Go and quench pele.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Even though the story is trash, the world revolves around us. Go and quench pele.

Your ignorance is astonishing looool. All the problems we have at home ain't enough yeah?
Its the American presidency that is our headache now? I get you sir

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by TheNewIbadan: 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
ibotjaycob:

Your ignorance is astonishing looool. All the problems we have at home ain't enough yeah?
Its the American presidency that is our headache now? I get you sir

Hey slowpoke, read my previous post. The world revolves around us. The US presidency is yours and the OP's problem.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Hey slowpoke, read my previous post. The world revolves around us. The US presidency is yours and the OP's problem.

Its clear you have the comprehensive capacity of a monkey. lol. stop it!!!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

7.4 billion people in the world yet the world revolves around Nigeria, you also going to tell me the world is flat yeah?

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by TheNewIbadan: 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
ibotjaycob:

7.4 billion people in the world yet the world revolves around Nigeria, you also going to tell me the world is flat yeah?

Yes, the world revolves around Yorubas.

ibotjaycob:

Its clear you have the comprehensive capacity of a monkey. lol. stop it!!!

The thing pain you reach you had to quote me twice. Biafran terrorists and their insecurity.

98 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

The thing pain you reach you had to quote me twice. Biafran terrorists and their insecurity.

Lol, way to go, when did tribe get into this now? hard to comprehend such a simple statement huh? by the way I'm Oluwatobi Jacob by name, you see your f00lishness shinning bright yeah?

181 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by TheNewIbadan: 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
ibotjaycob:

Lol, way to go, when did tribe get into this now? hard to comprehend such a simple statement huh? by the way I'm Oluwatobi Jacob by name, you see your f00lishness shinning bright yeah?

When a slowpoke posted this:

ibotjaycob:

And my name is Ngozi Apku by birth

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Loooooool!!!! nice one, its clear to see that you were raised by apes. Really nice sir

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by TheNewIbadan: 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
ibotjaycob:

Loooooool!!!! nice one, its clear to see that you were raised by apes. Really nice sir

My fellow apeman, s that all? ..... grin grin grin grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Flexherbal(m): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
Handsome Nija man!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by idensko(m): 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

C as I just dey luk u

8 Likes

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Thobiy(m): 12:50am On Jul 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Amberon: 3:03am On Jul 04, 2016
Don't mind the bigot. Like you rightly said, He's got the mental capacity of a monkey. His posts and contributions on any thread are never devoid of tribalism.
ibotjaycob:

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Rolings: 3:17am On Jul 04, 2016
ibotjaycob:

So it is now the ibos cloning Yoruba names so as to castigate the great tribe. Wetin man no go see for nairaland. Reminds me of the Yoruba saying that it's only a bastard that uses left hand to give directions to his fathers house .
Shut up you are a flatheaded nincompoo from erosion ravaged mud but enclave

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Agimor(m): 3:26am On Jul 04, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

No, your name is Nnamdi Kanu the Ipod warlord.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by milky3(f): 4:31am On Jul 04, 2016
Bravo!!!
Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by MrEverest(m): 6:33am On Jul 04, 2016
Then thats good! We need Donald Trump to win so he could either liquidate Nigeria or nuke it, this country is a mistake that has endured for a long time.

2 Likes

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 04, 2016
Rolings:

So it is now the ibos cloning Yoruba names so as to castigate the great tribe. Wetin man no go see for nairaland. Reminds me of the Yoruba saying that it's only a bastard that uses left hand to give directions to his fathers house .
Shut up you are a flatheaded nincompoo from erosion ravaged mud but enclave

Come one **** , What is it with people on here just taking pieces from other people's comments and using them out of context just to try and argue. Are you guys really that lonely and in need of attention?
you need to do better than your generic insult, i mean u really need new words. if u going to come for someone, you better do it hard, people like you make me laugh.

30 Likes

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by IkpuMmadu: 8:09am On Jul 04, 2016
I will not comment on the article but I will com.ent on the adage

That adage is apt about the Yoruba ..how can they think of excreta and plate of food the same time

It has proved what I was suspecting since that the Yoruba use the same bowl and bucket to bath and cook.

I have been vindicated

Now go on with your Lawal story...who gives a damn

Clinton ain't winning

Period

19 Likes

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Immunity1(f): 8:36am On Jul 04, 2016
Ibo!!!

1 Like

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
Clinton can only get close to being the US President but to those who will disagree with me this day being July 4,2016. Donald Trump is the next US President.

2 Likes

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
ibotjaycob:

Honestly

***Case Closed***

3 Likes

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by veekid(m): 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
Wadeva
Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by opalu: 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
See lie
Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by ayibatari99(m): 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
I want Trump to become US president so that my stingy grandmother will be deported grin.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by qualityovenbake(m): 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
That's clinton problem deal with
Re: Kase Lawal May Cost Clinton The American Presidency by davodyguy: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
The article says 'May' and it will remain 'May'

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Putin Dives To Bottom Of Sea In A Submersible To Explore Sunk Sub / Russian Warship Carrying Hypersonic Nuclear Bombs Enters U.S Mainland (Photos) / US Troops Were Injured In Iran Missile Attack Despite US Denying Casualties -CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.